rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

Octopath Traveler - Square Enix's Octoposse

I've ordered too. How much is it supposed to be? I only really wanted the normal version, I don't like all the extra crap you get with these special editions but as it's cheaper than I suspect a normal version would be I've gone for it.

It's worth £95 the normally version £45.

edit. £79.99 actually, £49.99 standard version.

Ordered. Still up after 4 hours! No fucking way they’ll honour it. I assume the c*nts on HUKD have ordered ten each.

Yeah, the fewer the amount of folk know about these things the more likely they are honoured.

Saved £250 on a Series 3 Apple Watch from John Lewis. Some guy on Macrumors posted up the price error but pm'd him to advise him to possibly delete the post as the more peeps that know....

He did and we got the watches.

31 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Ordered. Still up after 4 hours! No fucking way they’ll honour it. I assume the c*nts on HUKD have ordered ten each.

It’s been up since yesterday morning so they don’t seem that bothered 

Can’t imagine they have that many. Maybe they’ll convert purchases to the standard edition. Still a great deal, of course.

More likely they'll cancel it and give you a £5 off voucher. I've ordered it but don't expect it to be fulfilled but we'll see.

They appear to have taken the money. Doesn’t that make it binding in some way? Not too fussed really but would be nice to get it a bit cheaper. 

I expect them to cancel all orders. I guess that there is an error on their systems - should they not stop taking orders when they hit their allocation, which I can only imagine has been far exceeded by this point?

I would be perfectly happy if orders are converted to standard editions though at this price.

Shame. Mine still says processing, but for how much longer? :unsure:

Jokes on them. They didn’t check my exorbitant interest rates before borrowing £31.99 off me for a day (and counting) That’s now £5,000,000 they owe me. 

They've cancelled mine but not actually notified me (I logged in and it's marked as cancelled) but have left the other part of the order open, nice job Argos..

I guess I'll be on to customer services tomorrow to sort that out.

Checked my order history whilst logged in and I had a snipperclips bundle cancelled in the past, I never learn ;)

Argos live chat cancelled the £1 sim (plus 3.95 postage) I had to order with no questions asked this morning.

It was the quickest live chat experience I've ever had in fact, so at least they have backed up their mistake with decent and responsive customer services..

So, I haven't had a cancellation email from Argos for the Compendium mis-price, and when I log into my account it says to sit tight and await my delivery.

Could it be...?

Could it...?

Nah, probably just cancelling them in batches. Dicks.

Just had the cancelled email that included a code for £5 off my next online order.

Nice.

17 minutes ago, Pug said:

Just had the cancelled email that included a code for £5 off my next online order.

Nice.

I've just had the same.

Also received a £5 voucher, shame they don't have good prices on most of their switch games though. 

Aye. Worth the faff for a fiver off though. Sure there'll be summat to spend it on before it expires next month.

Octopath Traveler Features 80 - 100 Hours Of Content

Yesterday's Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation featured a healthy segment on the upcoming turn-based RPG Octopath Traveler, and details surrounding the game's length and new demo were revealed.

The demo, which is officially called the Octopath Traveler Prologue Demo, should be available to download from the Nintendo eShop today in North America, with other regions coming shortly after. You'll be able to play as all eight characters from the game, and there will be a three-hour time limit. Your efforts won't be wasted, however, as this data will carry over to the final version of the game when it launches next month.

Perhaps more interestingly, though, the main game's full length was revealed to be very impressively high for those who want to lose themselves in the game's beautiful, pixelated world. The main story will provide players with around 50 - 60 hours of playtime, but plenty of sub-stories and side quests will also be available, pushing that time up to 80 - 100 hours. It seems that you'll certainly be getting your money's worth if the quality is as good as the quantity.

Currently playing through Vampyr, Fallout 4, GR: Wildlands co-op, Warframe and Hyrule Warriors. There aren't enough hours in the day ffs!

• Upvote 1

Does that mean there's a 3 hour time limit for each of the characters, or you pick one character, play for three hours and that's that?

Anyone played it yet?

It's 3 hours in total, so you can play any of the 8 characters you want but once you've hit 3hrs playtime you're locked out.

Progress will carry over into full game though :)

• Upvote 1

I'm wondering if it's the full game there but locked behind that 3 hour wall?

And if that is the case, now that hackers are deep into system files, is it going to be a case where the full game gets kind of leaked via the demo if they can tinker with it in that way?

I'm just thinking about it, I have no idea if any of that is possible of course, but seeing the balls up Sega made with Yakuza a few months back, it's not out of the realms of possibility.