rllmuk

ARMS - Ninty's Fight Club

I’ll try to get a few rounds in just to make up the numbers and help make a RLLMUK Arms Evening work, but I’m not particularly good at the best of times and if my Arms sessions with randoms are anything to go by, I WILL rage quit and blame lag.

Haha I'm so bad at this. At one point I just gave up when I was up against Fallows' Springtron, fuck that guy (the character! :P). The rounds I did win were mostly due to me cowering in a corner and going for the time-out. Apologies everyone. :lol:

Good fun though! Sign me up for next Thursday. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, VN1X said:

The rounds I did win were mostly due to me cowering in a corner and going for the time-out.

This is how I climb ranked. The Mayweather approach.

FINALLY we got a night together! Thanks all for joining.

How about rules/format for next time (other than the next Party Crash)? Conventional best of three (ranked format)? 

Thanks for organising, really went well and it was buzzing in the second half. I know they get a bit of stick but some of the best fights tonight were 1v1v1. I think when you don't just pile on one player, it's so tense and chaotic. I love it. Defo up for Party Crash. As for rules next time, I'm happy for whoever hosts to pick whatever they like.

Oh, no V-Ball, though. @DC LEMON did me 5-0 with 30 seconds still on the clock! :P

• Upvote 1

Agreed about the 1v1v1 tonight being a highlight.  Against randoms I find them no fun at all, but some of tonight's were really tense, close games, and they always felt fairly balanced in that it wasn't simply 2 ganging up against 1 (as happens to me with randoms).

I even had a 1v1v1 draw!  Don't think I'd seen that before.

Edit:  @VN1X @FallowsDaDSLRBUwAA1n65.thumb.jpg.070571a03aad6f5570b0763e314b52c1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Very peculiar mind games in 1v1v1. I suppose it just makes sense to have everyone's HP whittle down evenly, so it seems to be something everyone agrees upon. Anyone with 20% more HP than the rest is the natural threat.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, grindmouse said:

Looking forward to the Party Event - is it a bit like a Splatfest?

It's basically Party Mode crossed with Splatfest. Events rotate quickly, there are more events like One Hit Wonder (first hit wins) and Big Time Arms (giant arms which do more damage) and you get bonus credits for using different arms and different characters. There are also Arms Select events where your arms are chosen at random (you don't need to have unlocked them) which mixes things up. It's well worth playing not least because you'll get loads and loads of credits to unlock more arms across different characters. It's the game at its most fun. 

Update just came out. A few interesting new additions; global (and regional) leaderboard, video tutorials and some highlights from recent tournaments. Some insane batttles available to watch.

I was hoping there would be a sneaky surprise addition to the character roster. Oh well!

• Upvote 2

I can't play tonight. I've got an important deadline to hit for midnight on top of handing over my books to a new accountant which is proving to be all kinds of arse wank. :( Sorry.

Can we arrange something for the Party Crash this weekend? I get it that people are generally pre-occupied at weekends.