The Mighty Ash

ARMS - Ninty's Fight Club

It's getting tons of positive feedback from all of the Reddit users and everyone else that have been playing it at the pre-release events. Not read a single bad word written against it anywhere. 

It looks great but I'm calling it now, I still reckon it'll be light on story (ie it won't have a story mode) and characters. I think there was some mention way back of extra characters but I just don't believe it. More likely they'll simply pull some palette swap bs to justify the extra characters claim. I just don't think it'll be a well rounded package. Which will be a massive shame as those visuals and the fighting design really deserve one. Hope I'm wrong!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is what ARMS' producer Kosuke Yabuki said though:

There will be more characters, with more arm types. What we have available today is just a portion of what will be available in the full game. You can look forward to more information gradually coming out as the release date approaches.

He best not be telling porkies eh....

Five characters would be pretty poor, imo. That's even two less than the original Mortal Kombat line-up - and that felt underwhelming 25 years ago!

5 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

If Little Mac doesn't cameo as one of the fighters in this...

Should have him cameo as the ref. Then they can make a Mario Bros boxing game and have the cast of ARMS as referees and the circle will be complete!

Latest footage from today's Nintendo Direct:

New character Minmin and release date revealed: June 16th!!

I don't get why some people don't like the character design. Its style seems to go back to the late 80s and 90s when cheesy and overexaggerated characters dominated the videogames world. A great touch that brings back memories of those heady days when colourful Japanese vs fighting games were all over the arcades and consoles.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Hellcock said:

Question, how is this game going to be even remotely fun with the left joy con issue?

1-2 switch is barely playable as it is.

They have a repair/replacement option so you should be fine.

Ok. I called up the local distributor in Singapore earlier in the week and they are waiting for second batch from Nintendo and/or permission from Nintendo to fix internally.

11 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I don't get why some people don't like the character design.

Who the hell has been saying that? :huh: The game's art design is absolutely superb.

Anyway, apparently eagle eyed people have spotted at least a further 2 playable characters (another female and a robot?) in the menu screens, hopefully 3 or more. That makes me very happy. Hopefully there'll be some semblance of a story mode too and it'll be the complete package I'd hoped for.

Don't get fixated on the amount of characters, because they're nowhere near as important as you think. You can put any gloves onto any character, which means you'll more or less be making your own custom fighter anyway. 

I walked away from the hands-on event where I played this thinking it was the best thing I played that day, and was genuinely surprised by the depth it offered. Anyone thinking of this as Wii Sports Boxing is very wrong, and it's not even right to think of it as Punch-Out!!! (How many exclamation marks is that game up to, now?) It's actually more like Virtual On, which is admittedly a little bit of a pointless comparison to make being that only a handful of people ever played that.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

Who the hell has been saying that? :huh: The game's art design is absolutely superb.

Anyway, apparently eagle eyed people have spotted at least a further 2 playable characters (another female and a robot?) in the menu screens, hopefully 3 or more. That makes me very happy. Hopefully there'll be some semblance of a story mode too and it'll be the complete package I'd hoped for.

I said it. I think most of the characters are hideous, personally. The mummy guy is alright, as is noodle chick, but spring bloke and ninja man are horrid. Also, that weird commentator thing with a fist on its head was ugly. I seem to be in the minority, though, which is fair enough. I get a bit funny about character designs (e.g. I absolutely despise the designs of the characters in the Despicable Me films, to the point where I refuse to watch them. Urgh, they're gross). 

As for the game, I'm still not convinced. I need to know there is depth to it and it's not just an iteration of Wii boxing, which was as deep as a puddle. 

2 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

Seems like there's at least 4 more other characters, bringing the total of playable characters to at least 10. Let's hope there's a bit of depth in the gameplay and we might have an excellent new franchise from Nintendo on our hands :) 

QDytXTb.png

GzZXJ8f.png