The Mighty Ash

ARMS - Ninty's Fight Club

cover.jpg

GET READY FOR PARTY CRASH BASH!

Choose your corner, as Spring Man faces off against Springtron.

It's time for the next matchup in the ongoing Party Crash Bash event! Once the dust settles in this bracketed tournament, one character from the ARMS game will be crowned ultimate champion!

Here’s how it works. Like Party Crash, Party Crash Bash is a limited-time Party Match event with special rules. By playing these matches, you can increase your Lab Level, which then grants you in-game currency and special badges. You can also get bonus multipliers by using featured characters and weapons. At the end of each event, a winning character will be declared based on win percentages. This event will then repeat every few weeks until one ultimate champion is crowned. 

Event Time: Friday, 12/07 [1:00 a.m. PST] – Monday, 12/10 [1:00 a.m. PST]

Featured Fighters: Spring Man vs. Springtron

Why on Earth they scheduled this for Smash release weekend, I don't know. :facepalm:

Still, I always have time for a Party Crash.

• Upvote 3

Indeed. 

Had my very first go at ARMS on a demo earlier today. Seems incredible people actually get good at this. Could land a few punches but I missed more than I connected. Movement was clunky at best as well. In short, my game was all over the place. Really baffling this is such a deep tournament fighter; I  suppose it takes a lot of practice to get anywhere.

Still sore about Dhalsim SF DLC never making it into ARMS.

It takes a good while to get a feel for the movement, it depends on the character but I'd say it's far from clunky. Never has any fighting game felt more like a dance, or an actual fight. 

• Upvote 8

20 hours ago, Stanshall said:

It takes a good while to get a feel for the movement, it depends on the character but I'd say it's far from clunky. Never has any fighting game felt more like a dance, or an actual fight. 

Now I want to get good at it. But I'm already completely sucked into Hyrule through BotW, and my kid keeps asking for more Mario Odyssey co-op, so god only knows where I'll find time for this. *firstworldproblems*

• Empathy 1

@Stanshall

I wondered if that was you as the only other person in the tragically deserted Party Crash lobby just now. Then the list of players recently played against confirmed it. Sorry, the two bouts were fun but I had to leave for dinner and stuff.

I’ll be playing some more Party Crash at around 14:25 when the bonus multipliers git gud.

I enjoyed it, too. I would say it was a massive coincidence considering I haven't been on it for ages but sadly probably not...I've never seen such a sorry looking lobby during a Party Crash. Superb game but Smash is likely going to close that chapter. I'll be all over a sequel, if and when it comes. 

I was on this post-pub last night and can confirm that lobbies were healthy and bustling, with loads of people dropping in and out. A good time was had by all but me, who was thinking it would be a good idea to go with motion controls after four pints...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Let us measure said:

I was on this post-pub last night and can confirm that lobbies were healthy and bustling, with loads of people dropping in and out. A good time was had by all but me, who was thinking it would be a good idea to go with motion controls after four pints...

I’m using motion controls!

(I always use the Thumbs Up Mode)

On NOW!

cover.jpg

BRACE YOURSELF FOR THE NEXT PARTY CRASH BASH!

Choose your corner, as Twintelle and Byte & Barq battle it out.

It's time for the next matchup in the ongoing Party Crash Bash event! Once the dust settles in this bracketed tournament, one character from the ARMS game will be crowned ultimate champion!

Here’s how it works. Like Party Crash, Party Crash Bash is a limited-time Party Match event with special rules. By playing these matches, you can increase your Lab Level, which then grants you in-game currency and special badges. You can also get bonus multipliers by using featured characters and weapons. At the end of each event, a winning character will be declared based on win percentages. This event will then repeat every few weeks until one ultimate champion is crowned. 

Event Time: Friday, 1/4 [1:00 a.m. PST] – Monday, 1/7 [1:00 a.m. PST]

Featured Fighters: Twintelle vs. Byte & Barq

• Upvote 2

cover.jpg

TWINTELLE AND MAX BRASS BATTLE FOR THE TOP IN THE NEXT PARTY CRASH BASH!

Event is on NOW!

Event Time: Friday, 3/15 [2:00 a.m. PDT] – Monday, 3/18 [2:00 a.m. PDT]

Featured Fighters: Max Brass Vs. Twintelle

• Upvote 2

cover.jpg

THE STUDENT OF STEALTH MEETS THE POP IDOL HERSELF.

Ninjara and Ribbon Girl clash in the next Party Crash Bash!

Event Time: 09:00 GMT on March 29th 2019 and ends at 10:00 BST on April 1st 2019.

Featured Fighters: Ninjara Vs. Ribbon Girl

Ninjara can go and fuck himself.

• Upvote 3

Somehow I always forget how good this game is until a party crash comes along. 

Just had a brilliant couple couple of hours with some amazing matches. Plus I won 7 one hit wonders in a row. Then went on a loooooong losing streak ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Unfortunately Ninjara defeated Ribbon Girl and qualified for the next round, the wanker.

cover.jpg

GENIUSES CLASH AS MECHANICA MEETS DR. COYLE IN THE NEXT PARTY CRASH BASH!

Get ready for the scrap!

Event Time: 10:00 BST on April 12th 2019 and ends at 10:00 BST on April 15th 2019

Featured Fighters: Mechanica Vs. Dr. Coyle

THE NOODLE HOUSE MEETS THE MOVIE HOUSE AS MIN MIN TAKES ON TWINTELLE IN THE NEXT PARTY CRASH BASH!

Get ready for the scrap!

Here’s how it works. Like Party Crash, Party Crash Bash is a limited-time Party Match event with special rules. By playing these matches, you can increase your Lab Level, which then grants you in-game currency and special badges. You can also get bonus multipliers by using featured characters and weapons. 

On NOW!

• Upvote 2