rllmuk
grindmouse

Super Bomberman R - Metal Gear Update - Snake, Raiden, Contra, Goeman added! Stages & More!

3LCLU0u.jpg

By Konami

Official Site

Release Date: March 3, 2017

ABOUT

Since its release in 1985, Bomberman has been a familiar party-battle game for many years. Now, Bomberman is coming back as "SUPER BOMBERMAN R" to Nintento Switch.

In SUPER BOMBERMAN R, the simple rule remains the same: operate the main character (Bomberman), place bombs, and battle with enemies and rivals, but it's coming back in a modern style with 3D stages and photo-real graphics. You can enjoy battles with rivals from all over the world.

There is "Battle" mode for maximum of 8 players, and single play "Story" mode (cooperative play for 2 players is possible as well) where players clear each stage one by one, with a big volume of 50 stages. Also, there is a new rule where the condition to clear the stage is not just by wiping out all the enemies. This simple but strategic game with new rules and 3D stages is fun for everyone, from children to adults.

Features:

• Bomberman is back with the same game system and controllability with a fresh take on a classic title
  • Photo-real graphics
  • Bomberman's siblings and well-known enemies are back with rich personality
  • 3D stages with dynamic environments
  • Battle mode for maximum of 8 players, local connection battles, and online battles
  • Enriched story with all-star voice actors

IMAGES

Spoiler

HmU68qg.png

em5a4JL.png

Pqd5Ik2.png

VIDEOS

Spoiler

Couldn't pass up on making a thread for this simply because of that that promo/logo image. :D

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jon_cybernet said:

I think they mean that the backgrounds are real photographs. 

:lol:

Good lord.

If I undock the switch and lie it flat on my desk, does that mean it has photoreal graphics?

• Upvote 1

Actually, scrap the klaxon. PROOF:

Features:

Bomberman is back with the same game system and controllability with a fresh take on a classic title

Photo-real graphics

Bomberman's siblings and well-known enemies are back with rich personality

3D stages with dynamic environments

Battle mode for maximum of 8 players, local connection battles, and online battles

Enriched story with all-star voice actors

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-bomberman-r-switch#game-overview

I'm just glad we're getting a new Bomberman at all. Thought the fella was dead after the Konami takeover of Hudsonsoft. VC Bomberman '94 has done the job for the last couple of years, but online play sounds enticing.

I can't remember the last Bomberman game I bought.  I think it was the one on the Wii.  Or GameCube.  My fave was Super Bomberman 3 though.  And of course I always was in awe of 10-player Bomberman!

Why is this a physical game? Is it really just to pad the Switch launch lineup out?

The Wii version argueablly looks better, came out over a decade ago and was only 1000 wii points.

• Upvote 1

It's rumoured to have an incredibly deep story; one where Bomberman slowly comes to term with the gender reasignments of his former brothers.

"Whilst I may have lost my Bomberman Brothers, I've gained something better.. Bomberman Sisters, who are finally happy... On the inside!"

"C'mon BomberGang, let's go fuck some balloons up!"

"Yer!"

Edge 10/10

• Upvote 4

I was thinking the story could take on an edgy approach with black bomberman becoming radicalised and a member of ISIS, complete with his own unique cries when his bombs go off.

• Upvote 1

Watched the Bombergirls gameplay video and it looked like one of the most tedious things I've ever seen. No sign of any clothing falling off either, not that that'd have saved it. Problem with Bomberman is the formula was pretty much perfected aeons ago, so trying to bring something new to it is inevitably shit.

• Upvote 1

On 13/01/2017 at 12:24, stefcha said:

I like the little avatars on the edge of the screen and the logo style and that, but the actual game part of it is aesthetically revolting.

This, I think it looks terrible and very very bland. Should be more cartoony and the idea of photoralism defeats the purpose of what Bomberman is all about. Don't like those backgrounds or the actual look of the game itself graphically. The image in the OP got me excited to hear from BM as I hadn't thought about this IP for years.

Now let's take the time to look at some more inspirational Bomber Man screen shots.

2-2.PNG

2-6.PNG

maxresdefault.jpg

super-bomberman-3-05.png

• Upvote 3