Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 3 Out December 7th.

Sarlaccfood

21 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Oh really? Am I doing something wrong? I think when I select Multiplayer it only gives me the symbols that implies that I need to pair another set of joycons.

I haven't played it for ages, but I know that I have played it with my nephews, and they only have two joycons, so you must be doing something wrong.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 04/12/2021 at 23:08, Azrael said:

When you think topic bumped because new DLC coming but it not :hmm::(

On 05/12/2021 at 23:37, the_debaser said:

Apologies. But it’s less likely than a new f-zero. 

There could not have been a more perfect pair of posts at the end of the thread.

It must be like Christmas for you two now.

I'm tempted to buy this again, my physical copy is on loan with my OG switch far far away, it's such a great game and £33 in the sale at the moment and would make a very nice permanent addition on the Lite :)

I've already got the Switch Online pass for the DLC and it looks like they're setup as extra cups which is like a while new game.

I just bought the pass for the bargain upthread. I’ve no idea if I’ll ever want the enhanced online at any point but I know for a fact I’ll never want to lose access to Mario Cars tracks, so for £17 it’s a no brainer.

6 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

My ShopTo code is greeting an error and won’t let me redeem! What do i do about that? 

‘Please note codes will be playable from 18th March, if you try to redeem early you will get a "error code".’

5 hours ago, Azrael said:

I dunno if to just buy the pass separately or stump up for the whole Online+ pass. Are the N64 games still as laggy as people were complaining they were? 

I think they’ve made some improvements yeah. I’ll be going for the expansion pass next month when the tracks come out. I figure there will be some good n64 additions over the year and maybe some GBA added around E3 time so will feel worth it to me.

34 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

So a development..

you don't need to pay for the tracks if you play online. It's only for offline use (ie grand prix) you need to pay.

Source? Because that sounds like a misunderstanding of the Expansion Pak to me.

EDIT: Found it on Nintendo website:

Courses from wave 1 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass can be played from March 18th locally or online in Friends and Rivals races, even if only one player owns the Booster Course Pass or has access to it as part of a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership. From March 22nd, courses from wave 1 will also appear in the Random selection when playing Global or Regional races with anyone online.

Neat. It only mentions wave 1 but seems like they won't split the online userbase for matchmaking. Extremely generous.

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 3 Out December 7th.