Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 3 Out December 7th.

Sarlaccfood

Yeah i think it's been constantly in the UK top 10 since launch.

Unfortunately maybe this is hindering the eventual sequel from being released (why bring out a new one when this one is selling so well?) but they were some kinda rumors a 9th game would be arriving later this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a strange one this. My son has recently been rinsing this and is incredible at it. Better than me. He's 7! But a weird thing happens on quite a regular basis. When he's playing against CPU and is really far ahead he some how manages to evade lightning and blue shells. The lightning event happens and the screen goes dark but no bolt makes him tiny. With blue shells they chase him but just slide on by past him and disappear. 

Has anyone else experienced this? 

17 minutes ago, Foxworth said:

Bit of a strange one this. My son has recently been rinsing this and is incredible at it. Better than me. He's 7! But a weird thing happens on quite a regular basis. When he's playing against CPU and is really far ahead he some how manages to evade lightning and blue shells. The lightning event happens and the screen goes dark but no bolt makes him tiny. With blue shells they chase him but just slide on by past him and disappear. 

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Nope but I wish I could. 

I don't know what he's doing but it's happened several times, even restarting the game in case a weird glitch has occurred in one instance. I have witnessed it happen too so he's not making it up. I wondered whether there was some thing happening when he gets just so far in front?

Nope. No assists. He's got a few gold cups on 200cc with no steering assist on. Sadly just missed out on three starring a couple of them too. When he plays online he regularly gets top 5. I think he just breaks it somehow by being so good and breaking away from the CPU and rubber banding. I can barely beat him. 

Yeah. Will try to recreate it some time this week. So far I've seen him do it on Yoshi circuit and mount wario using isabelle. Hopefully he will let me close enough to the controller to press record. He gets quite lively playing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started playing this online tonight.... Really enjoyed it but I'm categorically crap at it. Still fun though.... Think it's a case of perseverance got a few 7th places.... But I'm liking the way Nintendo do online! Makes a change not having kids shouting profanities... Nice place to play.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this on the news channel earlier. There’s a UK Cup starting online tomorrow.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/04/nintendo_uk_reveals_mario_kart_8_deluxe_vs_cup_take_part_to_win_eshop_credit

All the races will be 150cc so that’s one reason to hop back on.

First we had Party Crashes returning to Arms at the weekend, now this. Splatfests to make a comeback next?

14 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

All the races will be 150cc so that’s one reason to hop back on.

Surely a resurrection of the old 'muk lobbies is an even better reason to hop back on.

Screw the cup, we need to make a community effort to get @Fatsam finishing in last place. At least once. Once is enough. Maybe twice.

How is this tournament set up? My son was playing yesterday and said he came 6th and came 1st in a couple of races. He also recently managed this winner of a move.

I'm not sure how to add Twitter videos etc but here's the link. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1247736734600683527

For those who don't want to watch. He uses a mushroom boost to escape a blue shell blast, timing it perfectly. He regularly wins online these days and has bested some of the staff ghosts too.

• 2 weeks later...

How to race at 200cc in this game?!

Back on the DS version, which was the last I played before this, I was pretty handy and could cane it at the top speed no problem but this one? No sir. 

Ive had it since day one and it’s brilliant but I don’t play it much anymore. Had a few online games with friends last night and whatever it is you need to be good I don’t think I have it. 

200cc is incredible. It's like a completely new game. I can't do it but my 7 year old has the skillz and he barely plays any other speed now. Think using high acceleration vehicles and wheels helps as the pink mini boosts are extremely powerful. There's also brake drifting, apparently, which helps. Shortcuts are much easier to perform if you know how as well.

14 hours ago, Popo said:

How to race at 200cc in this game?!

Back on the DS version, which was the last I played before this, I was pretty handy and could cane it at the top speed no problem but this one? No sir. 

Ive had it since day one and it’s brilliant but I don’t play it much anymore. Had a few online games with friends last night and whatever it is you need to be good I don’t think I have it. 

Become younger?

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, acidbearboy said:

Does anybody know if the Switch and Wii-U time trial records are comparable? 

Probably not since the Switch version added a third tier of drift-boost and adjusted the momentum players could maintain post-boost from "firehopping". 

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Tomcat said:

You can play two player with just two joycons.

I think you can in table-top mode too.

Oh really? Am I doing something wrong? I think when I select Multiplayer it only gives me the symbols that implies that I need to pair another set of joycons.

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 3 Out December 7th.