Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 3 Out December 7th.

Sarlaccfood

Despite the above on item smuggling, I really find this game infuriating in single player. I've only put a few hours into it because while I enjoy the carnage in multiplayer, I have had so many attempts at 3 Star GPs ruined because of a blue shell virtually on the line. I just turned it on for the first time in a couple of months for another bash at a GP and the exact same thing happened. It's total RNG and I don't understand the thinking in single player, at all.

Anyone able to explain or justify this to me can have an ice cream. 

3-starring cups in any Mario Kart is a mug's game. Get yer gold and move on. FWIW, I'm happy with 2-stars but will grind out coins for the car parts if it means I can try to 3-star a GP.

Basically, don't actually try to 3-star GP cups, just let it happen if it happens. If you see what I mean.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

I thought everycunt was talking about it?

New courses would be absolutely amazing. I've already mentally prepared myself for them announcing nothing more than new amiibo helmets.

Exactly. "There will be further updates" is incredibly vague and not worth getting excited about until it's elaborated on what that actually means. It hasn't stopped it being used for clickbait of course.

the core game of MK8 Deluxe is spot on.  We don't need a new version this generation at all,... but we could be doing with a new set of tracks... I set of 8-16 new tracks to go with the DLC launch, exclusive to MK8D would be fucking amazing.

2 hours ago, scottcr said:

the core game of MK8 Deluxe is spot on.  We don't need a new version this generation at all,... but we could be doing with a new set of tracks... I set of 8-16 new tracks to go with the DLC launch, exclusive to MK8D would be fucking amazing.

I'd prefer an option to get rid of 2 items...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

Does each character you choose make a difference? I can see the attributes for kart, wheel and glider but nothing for who you pick?

https://www.mk8dxbuilder.com/

Generally a big character in a kart with high mini turbo and acceleration does the best online. Unless you are racing against a lobby full of pros it doesn't really matter what you pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked this up... Looking forward to getting stuck in at some point.. have an exam to revise for next week though... :D Although being on the Switch I could hook up to a monitor at work and have a sneaky go at lunchtime! :) 

Well had a quick go on this last night... ended up finishing up at around 1am .... :)

Just a quick question does this come with any form of instruction manual? Kind of a pdf type thing? Or is it all just work it out in-game? :) I know Mario Kart isn't that complex but miss having a nose through and instruction booklet type thing to see if there is anything I'm missing... :D Old school gamer here....

It is a pity.  It doesn't necessarily need more tracks but it would certainly be fun to see.

I wonder if a sequel is being worked on in earnest.  The initial release of Mario Kart 8 was almost 5 years ago. I wouldn't really want much to change though as 8 nailed it.  So, personally, more DLC for the current title would be fine. 

On 09/01/2019 at 13:23, mdn2 said:

They're going to be on to rush for Mario Kart 9. Considering the game sold more last year than 2017, I could see Nintendo holding off on a new release until the next hardware iteration.

Don't think there has ever been more than one MK per iteration of Ninty hardware though has there?

I guess arguably the Switch hasn't yet received a "new" one yet just a remastered WiiU version.. so you never know... :)

Have to say really enjoying this... between this, Labo and Super Mario Odyssey I think my investment in the Switch has more than paid off now... :) Also kudos to Ninty the digital purchase went fine (I did it at work) when I got back home it was on my Switch ready to play. All seamless and no issues. Not sure what I was expecting really but in the past the Wii online stuff was never great.

They really need to release more DLC for this for me. They had the perfect framework and that meant I was fine getting this as a re-release, but that’s because I was thinking more tracks and characters would be coming soon. 

30hrs played says I’ve enjoyed it but I want more!

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 3 Out December 7th.