IGNORED

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 2 Out Now. Let’s-a-go! Etc.

Sarlaccfood

23 minutes ago, Gotters said:

putting together the 2 rumours of dlc pack and something F-Zero wouldn't be a huge leap to think one of the courses will be themed.

Zero chance. The DLC is all Mario Kart Tour courses (or courses soon to be in Mario Kart Tour).

On 20/07/2022 at 09:36, Mr Do 71 said:

I have it on very good authority (check my contacts - Mr Mario Kart, Nintendoland) that announcement is now due at 13:37 today.

3 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Can we change the thread title? It's really misleading and disappointing every time it gets bumped :lol:

I got excited too and it’s my bloody title! Changing now…

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Waiting on news for the next wave of tracks.

There are a lot of people who are, again, going to say that the new DLC tracks lack the graphical fidelity of the old tracks and look, in more than one case, phoned in. I’m one of those people.

Sky High Sundae won't even be available on launch?

Nintendo still struggling with staff management, or are they allocating most of their resources to their next big thing?

Anyhoo, Waluigi Pinball made this expansion pack a lot more attractive. One more wave and I reckon I'll jump in, despite the obvious lack of polish compared to the original MK8 tracks.

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Sky High Sundae won't even be available on launch?

Err - yes it is - disclaimer is that it is coming to Mario Kart Tour and a near certainty that will be a week later.

Will be looking forward to the new musical arrangements - trumpets for the Morricone whistle is a strange choice!

And all that slap bass on Sky High Sundae - sounds great!

If the last tracks aren’t due until the end of 2023, is this a tacit acknowledgement that there won’t be a Switch successor until 2024 at the earliest?

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 2 Due 4th August
7 hours ago, Popo said:

If the last tracks aren’t due until the end of 2023, is this a tacit acknowledgement that there won’t be a Switch successor until 2024 at the earliest?

I mean Nintendo keep saying every financial year that there isn't going to be a successor yet so I dunno where this hope springs from other than people trying to will higher fidelity Nintendo games into existence.

8 hours ago, BabelRich said:

Then they start again with Mario Kart 8 deluxe: Super Deluxe with all these tracks as standard and don’t have to make 9 for another generation. 

AND WE WILL BUY IT AGAIN, GOD DAMN IT

Looks a better line up than wave 1. Loving the revamp of kalimari desert of N64 and mario circuit of the SNES. 

Nice suprise only being a few days away to.

3 hours ago, SMD said:

I mean Nintendo keep saying every financial year that there isn't going to be a successor yet so I dunno where this hope springs from other than people trying to will higher fidelity Nintendo games into existence.

Have they said that? I thought they’d been silent on the issue, but fair enough. 

10 minutes ago, Popo said:

Have they said that? I thought they’d been silent on the issue, but fair enough. 

this was the latest one, where they discuss a question about transitioning to the successor but officially nothing for the next financial year. given the way nintendo operate now, i don't expect a long build up from announcement to launch, especially given how well the switch is still selling without a price cut.

my boring take is they're going to forecast when switch sales will taper off and balance that with the expected availability of components and third party games. i imagine that there'll be zero desire to make any changes while crossgen is still in play and even then i don't think switch 1 is going to go away instantly. i wouldn't be surprised if nintendo keep releasing first party titles across both for a 12 month period kinda how like microsoft have profiles for series s/x and then more demanding games will be switch 2 exclusive. 2024 seems like a good year both in terms of component availability, where third parties expect to be in their release schedule and what kind of games nintendo could prepare in that timeframe. i expect a lot of existing switch games to be improved just by maxing out their dynamic resolution or holding a stable frame rate.

of course this is nintendo so they could easily decide to launch a switch u this christmas and burn the whole thing down.

26 minutes ago, SMD said:

this was the latest one, where they discuss a question about transitioning to the successor but officially nothing for the next financial year. given the way nintendo operate now, i don't expect a long build up from announcement to launch, especially given how well the switch is still selling without a price cut.

my boring take is they're going to forecast when switch sales will taper off and balance that with the expected availability of components and third party games. i imagine that there'll be zero desire to make any changes while crossgen is still in play and even then i don't think switch 1 is going to go away instantly. i wouldn't be surprised if nintendo keep releasing first party titles across both for a 12 month period kinda how like microsoft have profiles for series s/x and then more demanding games will be switch 2 exclusive. 2024 seems like a good year both in terms of component availability, where third parties expect to be in their release schedule and what kind of games nintendo could prepare in that timeframe. i expect a lot of existing switch games to be improved just by maxing out their dynamic resolution or holding a stable frame rate.

of course this is nintendo so they could easily decide to launch a switch u this christmas and burn the whole thing down.

They should definitely call it the Switch U. 

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 2 Out Now. Let’s-a-go! Etc.