IGNORED

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 2 Out Now. Let’s-a-go! Etc.

Sarlaccfood

Looks fine to me. Certainly not up to the visual standard set by MK8 but still fine.

This DLC is essentially the only offline version of Tour we'll be getting for now. €25 for that is nice.

I'm still waiting for the entire DLC to drop before I drop the money for it. But untill then I'll be sure to keep paying for the Switch Online expansion pack.

Also, ripped from the Famiboards there's a nice comparison shot between Paris Promenade in Tour vs MK8D.

qicMSyX.jpeg

SwSHyDE.jpeg

For those thinking these are just simple copy paste jobs.

36 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Maybe they'll release a new version of Mario Kart 8 with all the tracks included by default on the next Switch.

There will, it'll be called Mario Kart 9!

1 hour ago, HarMGM said:

I'm still waiting for the entire DLC to drop before I drop the money for it. But untill then I'll be sure to keep paying for the Switch Online expansion pack.

Also, ripped from the Famiboards there's a nice comparison shot between Paris Promenade in Tour vs MK8D.

qicMSyX.jpeg

SwSHyDE.jpeg

For those thinking these are just simple copy paste jobs.

That's much more reassuring.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

That's much more reassuring.

Paris Promenade definitely looks the most like the original tracks. Well, out of the four I've played, as I've not tried the second lot yet 

The others seem to have the colour turned up to 11 and a more cartoony look, compared to the base game's more muted palate and "realistic" textures. 

They've definitely had work done though, as Choco Mountain is more than just a port (of the original retro track anyway, not sure what it's like in Tour). 

Hopefully the added time might mean they get a touch more ambitious - I'd like anti grav and some underwater bits added, so they are more surprises - but they are definitely a good addition. The game is basically going to double in size and have an absurd amount of tracks, so I can forgive the slight jarring of art styles. 

The new courses haven’t unlocked for me - the game doesn’t seem to acknowledge that I’ve got the NSO + expansion addition enhancement. 

Sad, sad times. 

7 minutes ago, Popo said:

The new courses haven’t unlocked for me - the game doesn’t seem to acknowledge that I’ve got the NSO + expansion addition enhancement. 

Sad, sad times. 

You still have to download it from the eshop.

Yeah this is it. The argument for the dlc is "it's more Mario kart 8!" And the argument against is "it's more Mario kart 8!" It ultimately doubles the tracks and adds life to an old game for not much money so whatever Trevor. Buy it or don't.

Ninja Hideaway is an amazing track that ranks up with the best of the series.

Shroom Ridge has been the biggest surprise for me. Toad’s Turnpike except not shit.

I liked the Ninja track the least because it felt far too busy and I'd often be guessing which way to turn until the last moment. I'm sure it'll grow on me once I've played it more though; it definitely looks pretty.

Just had one play thru both the new sets of tracks but great to have this back with something new to play. 

Nothing on any console looks as good as this to my eyes, its the smoothness, the vivid colours and the details like the rolling brilliant white clouds lining one course. This is so much more pleasing & clean to me than 4k realistic visuals in Gran Turismo or Forza.

I thought on lap 1 the ninja course was a bit busy then discovered the whole upper levels riding the wind therms and it got a lot more interesting. Paris too looked like it could be carnage with the bits where you are heading into oncoming karts that are lagging back. 

These visuals and this handling model could really be the game for Nintendo to test a service with, imagine this engine with every track from every game in rotation or seasons.

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - DLC Wave 2 Out Now. Let’s-a-go! Etc.