rllmuk
Nespresso

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Bigger. Better. Rubber. Banding.

Been loving this today. I had it on WiiU where I'd completed the cups but not much more and never got the DLC. It's perfect for the switch. I just keep picking it up off the table for one more championship. Looks glorious and the on-line has been rock solid for the few races I've had so far.

Quick race finish screenshot montage from my most recent championship (have to click and full size due to me putting it together in a silly strip format).

20170428_MuteCityFinish.thumb.jpg.1b57a5e9d4ad7631190bd47852e94a29.jpg

Playing with the wife earlier, yay!

She gets motion sickness after a few races, boo!

4 hours ago, the_debaser said:

As if this game wasn't good enough, Amazon have refunded me £0.01 as a pre order price guarantee!

Me too.

IMG_3762.GIF

• Upvote 2

I prefer the private rooms to the tournaments because you can set a cup of, say, 6 races to have a nice little league going and then start over again when it ends. The tournament functionality is essentially just an endless series of one-offs. Unfortunately without any invitation system in place it's really hard to get a private room going. You either have to hope someone sees you online and chooses to join you or post on here to get people to find you online and join you. 

Come on Nintendo, friend invites should be a basic thing in 2017. 

Sorry Donut (whoever you are on here) but I had no idea what I was doing lol. Was playing in handheld mode with the Joycons and felt as if I had forgotten the controls!

Back to the Pro I go.

2 hours ago, Fallows said:

GOTY contender? :mellow:  Is it fair? Only @Wiper can answer.

Technically it'll be eligible. Not sure it'll be more or less worthy than vanilla (more: proper battle mode, portability; less: single player structural issues even more pronounced) and I'd be distressed once again if it takes up the number 1 slot, but it would be eligible, yes. 

Picked a copy up from my local Target and the staff said this game is flying out of the store! I never got the WiiU version so it's a fresh experience but those F-Zero tracks are making me beg for a new version :( I'd be happy with a GX remake! 

• Upvote 1

Well, the good news is my connection seems to have stabilised quite a lot.

The bad news (for me) is I'm utterly shit at MK8 compared to you buggers. The few 150cc rllmuk races I got into earlier left me with a distant view of the receding field - bar one freak 3-player race on Rainbow Road that I won. Yayy me.

I'll be back.

• Upvote 1

Spent hours playing this today with my brother, was great fun. 200cc is a bit too much for us to handle currently. Constantly flying off the track or hitting walls. Using the joycon on its side works surprisingly well too. 

Yeah, the connection errors are a real problem. It's easier to re-join through the friends list over the tournament list, so it seems good to have a few people on your switch list.

• Upvote 1