rllmuk
Nespresso

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Bigger. Better. Rubber. Banding.

3cmeSrh.png

Stat Calculator

Players

Add Your Nintendo ID

Tournaments

Lyrical Donut Majora | Darhkwing

rllmuk 200cc 0832-2371-5371

rllmuk battle mode 0416-1621-9691

rllmuk random battle 0875-8579-1531

Majora's 150cc 1617-3689-1947

Darkhwing - 2515-2383-3387

ABOUT

Race and battle your friends in the definitive version of Mario Kart 8.

Hit the road with the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and play anytime, anywhere! Race your friends or battle them in a revised battle mode on new and returning battle courses. Play locally in up to 4-player multiplayer in 1080p while playing in TV Mode. Every track from the Wii U version, including DLC, makes a glorious return. Plus, the Inklings appear as all-new guest characters, along with returning favorites, such as King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.!

Features:

• Race your friends in the definitive version of Mario Kart 8, only on Nintendo Switch!
  • Race as every character on every track from the Wii U version, including DLC characters and tracks.
  • Pop some balloons in the revamped Battle mode, complete with Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast.
  • Battle on new courses, like Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, or returning ones, such as GCN Luigi's Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1.
  • Inkling Girl & Inkling Boy from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr. join the roster!
  • Players can choose a new Smart Steering feature which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids even at 200cc
  • Three new vehicles have been added, two are even inspired by Splatoon
  • Carry two items at the same time
  • Returning items include Boo, the item stealing ghost, and the Feather, which gives you a high jump in battle mode.
  • Play your friends in local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players.
  • Drive through in 1080p HD quality in TV mode
  • Play on the go with handheld mode and play anytime, anywhere

CUPS & COURSES 

Mushroom Cup

mushroom_icon.png mushroom_01.jpg mushroom_02.jpg mushroom_03.jpg mushroom_04.jpg

Flower Cup

flower_icon.png flower_01.jpg flower_02.jpg flower_03.jpg flower_04.jpg

Star Cup

star_icon.png star_01.jpg star_02.jpg star_03.jpg star_04.jpg

Special Cup

special_icon.png special_01.jpg special_02.jpg special_03.jpg special_04.jpg

Shell Cup

shell_icon.png shell_01.jpg shell_02.jpg shell_03.jpg shell_04.jpg

Banana Cup

banana_icon.png banana_01.jpg banana_02.jpg banana_03.jpg banana_04.jpg

Leaf Cup

leaf_icon.png leaf_01.jpg leaf_02.jpg leaf_03.jpg leaf_04.jpg

Lightning Cup

lightning_icon.png lightning_01.jpg lightning_02.jpg lightning_03.jpg lightning_04.jpg 

Egg Cup

egg_icon.png egg_01.jpg egg_02.jpg egg_03.jpg egg_04.jpg

Triforce Cup

triforce_icon.png triforce_01.jpg triforce_02.jpg triforce_03.jpg triforce_04.jpg

Crossing Cup

crossing_icon.png crossing_01.jpg crossing_02.jpg crossing_03.jpg crossing_04.jpg

Bell Cup

bell_icon.png bell_01.jpg bell_02.jpg bell_03.jpg bell_04.jpg

IMAGES

Spoiler

l_58f97259c1f45.jpg

l_58f97259c5dc6.jpg

l_58f97259c3e86.jpg

l_58f97259d4057.jpg

l_58f97259b73ac.jpg

l_58f97259d1d77.jpg

JCuBAEI.jpg

VIDEOS

Spoiler

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Argh, fantastic. Proper Battle Mode stages, Splatoon characters and the feather is back! Mario Kart 8 is one of my favourite games ever. Shame it's not a launch title but 28th April ain't too bad; gives time to finish off Zelda, I guess!

The rumour was:

16 new tracks

8 new characters

New Battle mode

New weapons

The video confirms

2-3 new tracks

1 new character

Potential new Battle mode

New 'Boo' weapon

So if it's not a launch day title, why not cook this for a bit longer and call it Mario Kart Switch so parents don't just think it's the same game they already bought 3 years ago (Like they can really tell the difference?)

The name implies that a Mario Kart Switch may also be on the way later - but as the hardware is basically a Wii U, what could a new iteration of MK possibly bring to the table that couldn't have been added to the MK8 revision? 

It just seems like a weird decision, but maybe there'll be a Direct in April revealing a host of new additions. Maybe this is the Switches MarioKart, but if so why not name it as such?

• Upvote 1

I like Mario Kart, but I'm thinking you're better off forgoing a few extra features and continuing to play it on the Wii U for free instead of having to pay a subscription to play it online.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ashmatuk said:

The rumour wasn't very believable in the first place.

Why?  Surely it doesn't take too long to cook up some extra tracks and characters for a game which has already been completed and released. 

I think they know that they need to have a mariokart announced even if it is 8.1 vs MK9. 

This is the sort of thing that tips me from not interested to maybe. 

Though i really should finish off the stack I have for my Wii U first. 

• Upvote 1

I don't quite understand then what the mario kart team have been doing. They worked on MK8 straight after MK7.. if the switch was to replace the 3DS then i am sure they would have started work on MK9 or whatever by now. What are these other teams doing?

1 minute ago, ashmatuk said:

16 new tracks is practically a new game.

Nonsense.  The original game shipped with 32 tracks, followed by another 16 as DLC at a cost of £16.  16 further tracks is not in anyway similar to creating what would be Mario Kart 9. 

6 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

The rumour was:

16 new tracks

8 new characters

New Battle mode

New weapons

The video confirms

2-3 new tracks

1 new character

Potential new Battle mode

New 'Boo' weapon

So if it's not a launch day title, why not cook this for a bit longer and call it Mario Kart Switch so parents don't just think it's the same game they already bought 3 years ago (Like they can really tell the difference?)

The name implies that a Mario Kart Switch may also be on the way later - but as the hardware is basically a Wii U, what could a new iteration of MK possibly bring to the table that couldn't have been added to the MK8 revision? 

It just seems like a weird decision, but maybe there'll be a Direct in April revealing a host of new additions. Maybe this is the Switches MarioKart, but if so why not name it as such?

There are multiple new characters. King Boo, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr. and the two Inklings. I'll be getting it for Battle Mode alone, which looks like the Battle Mode I loved on the SNES and N64.

26gsdzkOLlhcIoHS0.gif

• Upvote 3

Choice is nice but I think there were already too many characters, what I loved about the original was there were the 8 characters to pick and all were reasonably distinct (even in their similar pairs). Now there's that much plus all the kart modifications pretty much any of them could be any type of racer, while adding flexibility with regards to cosmetics it loses a bit of what it once had as a result. 

Overall I barely see the point of this, the one thing it (and it being the Mario Kart series in general) would have to have to really wow me is some sort of single player mode akin to other kart games with more meat to it than the incredibly simple cup options on offer.

• Upvote 3

It does really seem like it's the base game with 2x more DLC updates originally planned for Wii U added. Wasn't there weapon-switching in the previews? 

It looks great of course. MK8 is one of the greatest games ever made. Top 10 easily. If I buy a Switch I will buy this. But it does seem like a minimal effort.

New Battle Modes: Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast

New Characters, including Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.

New Courses, including Urchin Underpass, Battle Stadium, GCN Luigi’s Mansion, and SNES Battle Course 1

New Smart steering feature on 200cc for novices and kids

Three new Splatoon inspired vehicles will be added

In a race,  players can now carry two items at once in a race

New items added, including Boo, the item stealing ghost, and the Feather.

So maybe no new race courses at all?

Ah cool! They have like a visual indicator (antenna on the back of your kart) if you're playing with an assist on which prevents you from falling off the track. 

Perfect for when you're playing with yer plebs (kids) or filthy scrub (partner).

It's worth noting because it hasn't been made that clear, there are no new race tracks in this, only battle tracks. It's a shame because I'd like to have got it, but having played the Wii U version to death I can't justify spending 50 quid for battle mode. I suppose this is more for people who didn't have a Wii U, then it's an amazingly good value package.