Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Argos have interest free buy now pay later options for upto 12 months. Just make sure you pay it off in that time to avoid interest.

Yeah, I've just been eyeing up a similar deal at Very. You can get 20% off the special Odyssey Switch bundle with the red joy cons and then pay it back over 12 months, interest free. I did the same thing with the PS4 Pro. Sorely tempted. Mario on Christmas morning would be pure :wub:

Well it's an option. Price drops aside so long as you're disciplined it's no different from saving up and buying one, with the bonus of having it now.

I did it with mine and paid it off over three months. 

P.S. if you go for this option I'd thoroughly recommend treating yourself to a pro controller also.

20 hours ago, scottcr said:

Yer man Chris Scullion who's reviewing it just now has said there's TONS of stuff you don't want spoiled and trailers have barely shown any of it.  LOCKDOWN

I just want him to show all of the amiibo content....

Apparently there are Wario and Waluigi costumes for Mario. 

Very seem to be the only place doing the 20% off deal, and it's only for new customers, so I'd have to persuade the wife to open up an account with them, and even then they ring you up and interview you, apparently.

I think I'll just leave it for now, to be honest. Mario's the only game I really want to play anyway, as I've already completed BotW on the Wii U, and I can't justify another new console for just one game. Are there many other must haves coming out in the next few months? Zelda dlc I can get for the Wii U, and Xenoblade 2 doesn't appeal. I take it there's no date yet fpr Prime 4, either?

Depends whether you're interested in any of the indie titles or re releases such as Skyrim and Doom. Then of course there's ARMS, which I think is top tier, and Splatoon 2.

Everyone's different. I bought mine specifically for Zelda, but since owning one the Switch has become my preferred way of playing games owing to its unique hardware. 

I really want to say go buy one, now, it's amazing, and if you are getting it for just one game, what better choice than a new Mario, but that's not really fair ;)

11 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Very seem to be the only place doing the 20% off deal, and it's only for new customers, so I'd have to persuade the wife to open up an account with them, and even then they ring you up and interview you, apparently.

I think I'll just leave it for now, to be honest. Mario's the only game I really want to play anyway, as I've already completed BotW on the Wii U, and I can't justify another new console for just one game. Are there many other must haves coming out in the next few months? Zelda dlc I can get for the Wii U, and Xenoblade 2 doesn't appeal. I take it there's no date yet fpr Prime 4, either?

Not that I’m trying to convince you to take on debt but I open d a Very account to get 10% off an iPad Pro and it was all online and done in 10 mins, no interview required.

7 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Not that I’m trying to convince you to take on debt but I open d a Very account to get 10% off an iPad Pro and it was all online and done in 10 mins, no interview required.

I think they ring up if they notice an anomaly, like two accounts at the same address, which is what we'd have as I'd have to get my wife to open an account with them to get the offer, and she's always iffy about getting anything on credit. Maybe if I asked it from her for my Christmas present...

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

I think they ring up if they notice an anomaly, like two accounts at the same address, which is what we'd have as I'd have to get my wife to open an account with them to get the offer, and she's always iffy about getting anything on credit. 

She's right. Don't get into debt for a games console. I'm fairly sure Mario will be great, but if it is, it'll still be great in a year or two's time.

6 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

She's right. Don't get into debt for a games console. I'm fairly sure Mario will be great, but if it is, it'll still be great in a year or two's time.

Aye, I got excited for a bit there but I've decided to leave it for now. I'll have to do my best to avoid the hype.

3 hours ago, Twinbee said:

Very looking forward to this. Never the biggest Mario fan – bought 64 with a second hand N64 in about 2002, loved what I played of Galaxy, but the controls were exhausting for me, and I'm pretty dreadful at the 2D games. But I think having it on Switch will be transformative in how I'll be able to play it.

Going to buy the download code, but put this by to play at Xmas. Still deep in Zelda, and having to swap cartridges seems… contrary to what the Switch is about. Have never bought a digital full-price release before. 

Honestly, it seems like 2017 is some kind of golden age for Nerds of a Certain Age:

New Zelda and Mario *in the same year*

New Blade Runner

New Phillip Pullman book

SNES Mini

Stranger Things S2

…and a new proper Star Wars film to round things off.

It's quite nice to have reached the age of being a pandered-to demographic :-)

And a new Baldur's Gate 2.

Spoiler

Divinity: Original Sin 2

3 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I bought my Switch from Very. Came to £227 with the 20%. I just clicked the button to say give me a credit account. No phone call, but maybe it's a thing for two accounts as you say.

I paid the console off in one payment before they even sent me my first statement, no issues.

11 hours ago, MikeF said:

Tempted to cancel my Tesco order and go digital from Amazon

What breakfast options are you weighing up? Rllmuk needs to know. 

But seriously; the Amazon price is still £39.99 I think. How much is Asda charging?

2 hours ago, g wings said:

What breakfast options are you weighing up? Rllmuk needs to know. 

But seriously; the Amazon price is still £39.99 I think. How much is Asda charging?

I had Bacon and Egg butties, Rllmuk now knows :P

No idea on Asda's price as mine is via Tesco, it was £37 with the £5 off code

i've gone digital with Amazon. £41.99 but if you top up £25 on an Amazon gift card you get a free fiver! so £36.99 for my first (main) digital game. 

Not sure when i get the code from Amazon though. Hopefully its early so i can pre load and miss the inevitable slow crawl of the servers at midnight 

4 minutes ago, boybrown said:

i've gone digital with Amazon. £41.99 but if you top up £25 on an Amazon gift card you get a free fiver! so £36.99 for my first (main) digital game. 

Not sure when i get the code from Amazon though. Hopefully its early so i can pre load and miss the inevitable slow crawl of the servers at midnight 

You can't preload.

I've pre-ordered mine with Amazon, should be getting it for £37.49 with Prime.

I'm fully prepared for their inevitable delivery-day failure but I have plans on the evening of the 27th anyway so it's not going to be the end of the world.  

I actually pre-ordered Wind Waker HD with them and they got it to me on the day before release, so you never know.