rllmuk
Nespresso

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

53 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Who thought Sonic Adventure would be influencing Nintendo 8 years later ;)

Anyway, I think this looks properly amazing. Potential system seller in all honesty. Love all the new traversal mechanics, and the varied playgrounds to mess around in.

8yrs later? Nearly 20 yrs! Fuck that makes me feel old

Glad to see that Mario is getting influenced by the best 3D platformer ever made

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, robotattack said:

The problem is, being that he's supposed to be from there the other people should either be similar in stature to him or he should become more realistic and look like Ron Jeremy.

I don't know about Ron Jeremy, but you definitely see some impressive big pipes in the Mario Odyssey trailer!

I wasn't completely serious btw and kind of agree with @VN1X a bit (don't tell him I said that). But any concerns about the clashing art styles vanish at the sight of marvellous platforming in that same cityscape! And the potential for even better platforming if you look beyond the bits where Mario is running. Pure platforming bliss the way only Nintendo at the top of their game know how to make. Isn't that the most important thing? It reminds me more of Mario 64, rather than Galaxy or 3D World. If the price we have to pay for that is some small art style clashing goings on, then I'll take it and place my pre-order* right now!

Also, people comparing this to Sonic Adventure or Sega in general? Really? Yeah, so it has some cityscape. Like Sonic Adventure. But this Nintendo FFS, a Nintendo that's making a big new proper entry in the Mario series. in terms of gameplay quality it couldn't be further from Sonic Adventure and, as usual, way ahead of what Sega ever managed to produce in the platforming genre, be that 2D or 3D.

*for holiday 2017 obvs

• Upvote 8

It looks absolutely wonderful. The hat, the roll, pimp Bowser, the array of wildly different environments and art styles... I cannot wait. My only issue now will be trying to successfully avoid finding out too much else about it between now and release, because each new area looks like it'll be so unique that I'd like at least some of them to be a surprise.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Who is 'we' though? You and your neighbours? The title is correct

Like fuck it is. Holiday Season is a fucking horrific Americanism and needs to die right now. Holiday is when you have a holiday. The season where most people have holidays is the summer. Ergo, kill it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Suggest change to 'Festivus Period'

I can live with this. I CANNOT live with "Holiday Season". Every fibre in my being is aching just knowing it exists in the topic title.

• Upvote 3

Sheesh give it a rest, who cares what the thread title says it's a new Mario game that looks awesome & we all want it now.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Sheesh give it a rest, who cares what the thread title says it's a new Mario game that looks awesome & we all want it now.

I CARE. I CARE VERY MUCH.

This is the worst thing to have ever happened.

• Downvote 2