VN1X

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

35 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

My guess is the reason we've had no DLC kingdoms is they're going to pull a Galaxy 2 and smoosh all the unused ideas in to a sequel.

That's got to be it surely...right?

I suspect so - but I was kinda hoping for at least ONE DLC kingdom.  The 2d bits were my favourite parts of the game, and I'm quite sad that I have no more to play.

Finally getting to play this while getting my arse kicked by the flu. I’m also getting my arse kicked by the broodals at rabbit ridge!

Topper is annoying as hell to consistently get past without losing a life. Put that together with the time to travel between each floor (great design choice Nintendo!) plus the randomness of Rango at the end and I’m effing and swearing so hard I’m expecting the neighbours to complain.

Therefore I’m heading back to buy a super heart thingy. Now unless I’m missing something, there’s no toad merchant or shop in Rabbit Ridge? Some I’m having to go to a different continent each time.. which is driving me insane! Can someone confirm that this is definitely the case? Or perhaps I’m missing something and Nintendo haven’t been so daft?

6 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

Finally getting to play this while getting my arse kicked by the flu. I’m also getting my arse kicked by the broodals at rabbit ridge!

Topper is annoying as hell to consistently get past without losing a life. Put that together with the time to travel between each floor (great design choice Nintendo!) plus the randomness of Rango at the end and I’m effing and swearing so hard I’m expecting the neighbours to complain.

Therefore I’m heading back to buy a super heart thingy. Now unless I’m missing something, there’s no toad merchant or shop in Rabbit Ridge? Some I’m having to go to a different continent each time.. which is driving me insane! Can someone confirm that this is definitely the case? Or perhaps I’m missing something and Nintendo haven’t been so daft?

You can keep going back out after every boss to top up too. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. Made my way through it finally.

There doesn’t seem to be much else to do now? Sure, there’s the chase for moons but they’re all so spread out. I was hoping for some more rock hard levels in succession. Maybe this happens later? Do more moons open up other levels?

On 12/01/2019 at 21:40, gizmo1990 said:

Thanks guys. Made my way through it finally.

There doesn’t seem to be much else to do now? Sure, there’s the chase for moons but they’re all so spread out. I was hoping for some more rock hard levels in succession. Maybe this happens later? Do more moons open up other levels?

have you opened up the darker side of the moon? there is a pretty challenger level to go.I still haven't finished it myself.. it's tough.

@Darhkwing Aye I’ve reached the dark side. I’ve completed a few of the levels there (inc breakdown something? The one with the two bullet bills at the end. That was damn hard) but my attention is flagging. I think I just get unfocused when I’m presented with levels strewn all over the place. I’d prefer them to be centrally located so I can just work my way through them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

@Darhkwing Aye I’ve reached the dark side. I’ve completed a few of the levels there (inc breakdown something? The one with the two bullet bills at the end. That was damn hard) but my attention is flagging. I think I just get unfocused when I’m presented with levels strewn all over the place. I’d prefer them to be centrally located so I can just work my way through them.

He means the darker side I think :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gizmo1990 said:

its the one with only one level and no check points. Have you destroyed the bowser blocks on every level too? They unlock some interesting levels.

My hope for a Oddysey 2 is that they have more of the "sub world" stages (the ones that are like mario sunshines voids) and that the moons are awarded for actually doing stuff rather than butt stomping the ground etc to find them.

• Upvote 1

Aha, no I’ve not found the darker side then. Eek, just googled that you need 500 moons to get there! Tbh, I don’t think I can be bothered slogging my way through all that butt stomping!

Shame, as I really enjoy the tough levels themselves. The fetch quest stuff with the moons is just total filler tho. Especially the screenshot ones. I can’t get up any enthusiasm to actually do them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Aha, no I’ve not found the darker side then. Eek, just googled that you need 500 moons to get there! Tbh, I don’t think I can be bothered slogging my way through all that butt stomping!

Shame, as I really enjoy the tough levels themselves. The fetch quest stuff with the moons is just total filler tho. Especially the screenshot ones. I can’t get up any enthusiasm to actually do them.

I just go back to it every so often, usually with a guide.. but yeah a lot of them are frustrating without one.

• Upvote 1

I'd like a straight sequel, if we were to see one, to cut back on the sheer number of moons and instead focus of variety of challenges. Let players progress whether they can beat those challenges or not. Because who cares?

I think 50% of my Odyssey play time was trying to better myself on Koopa Freerunning challenges. I had a great time with those.

• Upvote 2

Save the picture ones until the very end of the game, when you know each level inside out. It’s fun to see one and recognise where it’s from, or kind of recognise where it’s from, then go on the hunt for it.

My daughter got this with her Switch and this game is even amazing to watch. I'm constantly astounded by the imagination and amazing little touches that are included, whether it be the use of the hat or even a cool wee sound effect. No one makes games like Nintendo!! 

On 18/01/2019 at 23:57, joffocakes said:

I'd like a straight sequel, if we were to see one, to cut back on the sheer number of moons and instead focus of variety of challenges. Let players progress whether they can beat those challenges or not. Because who cares?

I think 50% of my Odyssey play time was trying to better myself on Koopa Freerunning challenges. I had a great time with those.

Agreeded, the koopa races hooked me for ages! However,  some of them are pretty crappy and really should have been expanded upon (like mushroom kingdom) so i hope they make them a bit more challenging in the  (hopefull) sequel.

Also i did kinda get a bit hooked to Luigi Baloon World eventually as a way of buying all the costumes. However, the worlds are mostly too small with a serious lack of hiding space. I really hope the worlds are increases next time - don't get me wrong, some are a nice size - but i do feel are a bit too limited in scope. Of course, Luigis Balloon World does feel like a bit of a afterthought.