IGNORED

Yakuza 0

Uzi

It's a joy coming into this thread after playing the game way back in January and seeing folks still enjoying it and more new folks playing the series.  Always glad to see new fans :)

In other news there was a stream today with Nagoshi and co. about Yakuza which revealed absolutely nothing about what they are working on after Yakuza 6 and to tell us to wait until TGS in September.

RwRLrZm.jpg

jPKfqdQ.gif

3wPOpQv.gif

3 hours ago, JohnnyNolan said:

I really need to stop fucking about on side quests or I'm never going to finish this game. I'm still on chapter 10!

I just finished Chapter 6 last night and I am about 15 hours in.  Loads to do and I like playing it in short stints but it swallows time!

I'm 40 hours in now. In testament to how much I'm enjoying it, after my initial reservations, it really doesn't feel like I've played it for that long at all.

I don't own a Switch yet, but something like this would be perfect for that platform.

On 06/06/2017 at 09:25, JohnnyNolan said:

I really need to stop fucking about on side quests or I'm never going to finish this game. I'm still on chapter 10!

I've been on chapter 10 for so many hours now having got utterly lost in the real estate thing with Kiryu. I have quite the army of advisors helping build my business now, including a chicken, a sado masochist, a fortune teller, a movie director and the biggest pop star in the world. Only the gambling king and media king left to go...

Has anyone got any advice on the telephone club? I've ended up with that older woman in red four times in a row now. She beasts Kiryu in a hotel room and takes half of his health. I'm traumatising the guy.

Is there some way of knowing if I'm not talking to her? Mushy mush. 

22 hours ago, BongoInferno said:

Has anyone got any advice on the telephone club? I've ended up with that older woman in red four times in a row now. She beasts Kiryu in a hotel room and takes half of his health. I'm traumatising the guy.

You have to tell by her voice I think. If it's her you just hang up.

7 hours ago, JohnnyNolan said:

I've equipped weapons, but still don't know how to use them!

I completed the bloody game without using any. Except a pepper pot, somehow.

Not counting bicycles, billboards and giant road cones.

On 2017-6-8 at 15:52, BongoInferno said:

I read a guide and still couldn't finish them all, just moved on in the end. Here it is if it helps:

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/chatline.html

Normally I try to finish all substories but I had to draw the line at these and the hard Disco battles.

10 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

I read a guide and still couldn't finish them all, just moved on in the end. Here it is if it helps:

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/chatline.html

Normally I try to finish all substories but I had to draw the line at these and the hard Disco battles.

Yeah that's the guide I used. There are 9 girls, three wearing white, three wearing blue and three wearing green. So if you're looking for a specific one, you can at least narrow it down by hanging up (Hold L1) on anyone wearing the wrong colour. 

That narrows it down to one in three. Then once you've done that, the easiest way to tell if it's the right one is to search YouTube for that girl's telephone call, and then compare the voices. 

I finally made the jump to chapter 11.

I'm really glad they do the story so far recap when you switch character, as I've been messing about with the Kiryu stuff so much I'd totally forgotten what happened what happened when I was playing as Majima.

Oh man, that bat tattoo reveal, holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :D

This is an excellent game. I love the combat system(s), switching to Rush just as you've caved in some poor tosser's head with a coffee shop sign to get a flurry of punches in on his sidekick. It's really responsive and great fun to play.

It's a great game. Easy to spend hours and not progress the story at all. 

I had to give myself a kick up the arse to stop messing about and finally move the story on. Now on chapter 12, but no idea what materials I need to craft the 9mm gun I require for one of the sub-stories.

Sweet lord, the finale of Yakuza 0 ladies and gentlemen. The finale of Yakuza 0. Sitting at my desk after completing it last night, pondering a few things while massaging my poor rsi-afflicted hands. What a bloody amazing game and end to it all. No spoilers, but the last chapter makes Shenmue's infamous 100-man battle look like the first level of Kirby on the gameboy. Button mashing doesn't even begin to describe it, I'm surprised my dual shock survived.

A few thoughts about the star of the whole piece, Majima.

Spoiler

This is my first Yakuza, and I understand that Majima is seen as the crazed joker of the series and a returning antagonist. So I was expecting some kind of supervillain transformation scene that never really came. I can see that maybe the whole clown persona is just that, put on to protect himself and trick the outside world into thinking he's a hardened lunatic when he's actually quite a morally-sound softy at heart. Still came as quite a shock to hear his new voice in the post credits scene though.

Thoughts?

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 23:00, JohnnyNolan said:

It's a great game. Easy to spend hours and not progress the story at all. 

I had to give myself a kick up the arse to stop messing about and finally move the story on. Now on chapter 12, but no idea what materials I need to craft the 9mm gun I require for one of the sub-stories.

If I recall correctly, you don't need to craft it, you can get one of the gun runners to smuggle it in for you.

9 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

If I recall correctly, you don't need to craft it, you can get one of the gun runners to smuggle it in for you.

I've set out at dozen or so agents to scout for new equipment, but none have returned the 9mm handgun. After numerous scouting attempts it eventually turned up in the list of items for sale, but is unavailable to buy as I don't have all the materials required to craft it. I've given up on that mission now, as I can get just about any weapon I want apart for the 9mm automatic pistol I need.

Every guide for that mission suggests it should be available to buy without even having to scout for it!

In the 60 odd hours of playing I still don't fully understand the scouting thing. It seems to be very random in what you get for sending an agent out. I look at the locations and pick the agents who list that as one of the items they can return. Give them extra funds, don't give them extra funds. Still no bloody 9mm handgun.