Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2

Keyboard Koala

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/24/gravity-rush-2-bigger-worlds-little-details-silly-side-quests/

Speaking of goofy — even though Kat may find herself in peril and situations may take an occasionally serious turn, Toyama-san is all about keeping things fun.

“We wanted to make a positive, upbeat game, but that naturally manifested itself from the concept of controlling gravity,” explains Toyama-san. “It may have been a bit too strange having the story go too dark from that idea, so making it vibrant was something that just gelled.

“There are more than 50 side stories that have nice comedic moments that bring personality to Gravity Rush 2. For example, one mission has Kat becoming an action star for a movie, which is filmed in-game. It’s all very light hearted, as you would expect.”

gravity6a3kkp.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I'm playing the first one after I got it in a recent sale and it's utterly brilliant. I can't believe it was originally a Vita game.

i don't know why but it reminds me of a Myazaki(?) film.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great little demo for Gravity Rush 2. Just a small slice that left me hankering for more. Nothing especially new to those that played the first, but the locale is certainly more lively and colourful. 

Special mention must go to the soundtrack, which is the jolliest i've heard all year. :wub:

Yeah, I just went through the demo - it's over in a flash but really enjoyable. I never picked up Remastered on PS4 but the big-screen treatment is gorgeous in this. The only thing missing was that the Lunar and Jupiter styles are mentioned in the "demo controls" sub-app but I didn't see any way of using these in the demo, and the tutorial never introduced them? It was one of the new things I was keen on trying...

13 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Yeah, I just went through the demo - it's over in a flash but really enjoyable. I never picked up Remastered on PS4 but the big-screen treatment is gorgeous in this. The only thing missing was that the Lunar and Jupiter styles are mentioned in the "demo controls" sub-app but I didn't see any way of using these in the demo, and the tutorial never introduced them? It was one of the new things I was keen on trying...

Did you try the advanced course? After the initial introduction it's different to the beginner course. It introduces both Lunar and Jupiter styles and there's a different boss fight :)

Okay yeah, the Advanced Course is much better - it seems more suited to those who played the original and want to see the new stuff. Both styles are really fun; I love the effects of zipping about in Lunar, and the amount of debris and stuff that goes flying in Jupiter. And yes, the boss was pretty fun (although when it comes to adjusting my angle of approach for weak points I'm just as bad as I was in the first game. :P

This might be more of a Film/TV thing but it's more likely to get noticed in this thread:

Gravity Rush: The Animation - Overture, bridges the gap between the original Gravity Rush and the sequel Gravity Rush 2. This anime has been produced by Studio Khara, best known for their work on Rebuild of Evangelion. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found it played much better on the PS4. Too fiddly on the Vita.

It's not a perfect game - too many annoyances in the mission design - but I loved it all the same for its visual style and atmosphere. Also helped that it was fairly brief and didn't outstay its welcome. Really looking forward to the sequel later this month. Reviews look good.