Forza Motorsport 7

i havent played a mainline Forza since 4, so im still trying to get a grip on how things work

with the Zonda Cinque up for grabs from the specialty dealer this week, I had to raise about a million CR to get there. with the VIP pass it seems that the Nordschleife + the Forza Edition of the BMW M4 ´14 is a particularly lucrative combination, with the 100 % boost from the BMW. turns out 3 x of the VIP mods and this car (total of 400 % boost) yields 110.000 CR if you win a 5 lap race. total 594.000 CR for 5 laps which came in at around 50 minutes with my lousy driving (10:06 best lap <_<)

Spoiler

59eaf0f718ba9_NurbrgringN5laps.thumb.png.83275db4bf2f11eebd19c67e865c1001.png

no pitstops

some of the legendary cars are quite expensive so its good to know that you can grind some cash this way, without it being a total slog

Really enjoying playing this at the moment. Granted I've managed only a couple of hours, but after not really playing a lot of 6 its good to get back into the Forza fold. 

One thing I find slightly annoying is whenever you pick a car for a new race it is already matched to the race restriction. 

I prefered to pick a car then tune it myself, perhaps there is something I missed and you can still do this though. Will get more play time this weekend hopefully!

On 10/21/2017 at 09:36, Bulldogauto said:

Really enjoying playing this at the moment. Granted I've managed only a couple of hours, but after not really playing a lot of 6 its good to get back into the Forza fold. 

One thing I find slightly annoying is whenever you pick a car for a new race it is already matched to the race restriction. 

I prefered to pick a car then tune it myself, perhaps there is something I missed and you can still do this though. Will get more play time this weekend hopefully!

The Homologation restrictions are pretty loose and there's usually scope for further tuning if you want. or, you can buy a car with the stock parts installed (you still get the homologation bits for free) and tune it up from scratch yourself.

Just a reminder that RLLMUK's Premier online racing series starts this weekend!

Come, drift, race, win.

If anyone's on the fence, or daunted by building a car, let me know what car you fancy and I'll create a tune for it.

As mentioned @RFT I’m working a late this Sun so cant join for the first round, but round two I should be fine. 

If you’d fancy having a go at doing a tune for the Holden Monaro it’d be appreciated. I’ve thrown some parts on one myself and it seems ok without any setup fiddling, so I’m sure someone who knows what they’re doing can make it better with some tweaks. 

13 hours ago, ryodi said:

Are there no standing starts in this game? I've been working my through career mode and every race I'd had so far has had a rolling start.

Yes plenty. Not sure how you could have done the first cup without having some.

Some serious bodywork on that Nissan...

HheYjzN.jpg

And pleased to see they’ve updated photo options to let you fix cosmetic damages and also reposition the watermark, so letting you choose better where it doesn’t get in the way. 

A few other pics I’ve snapped so far...

S1SSBvl.jpg

MUelWhn.jpg

yjV0ngQ.jpg

WmC5Zlb.jpg

Schumacher's 90's Ferrari on the Alps track, I was shaking after 8 laps and downloading the Dolby Atmos app. The corner speeds are insane.

Played the Dubai track for a bit today on a 55" LG OLED. It was only on an original Bone with no HDR or 4K and  it looked fantastic. My eyes won't be able to comprehend the enhanced version.

Apologies for a total noob question but this is my first FM game and I just picked up the One X:

Is there a way to unlock weather options and night driving for free play? Or is everything dynamic? I've only done the most basic cup, is it tied into that stuff?

Anything guidance much appreciated. I  have also searched the entire Internet before asking...honestly. 

Weather and night options are open to you in the free play menus. 

You can further tailor wet racing in the advanced options.

e.g.Free Play > RB > Race Setup >A

Scroll through environments choose location > Blue (X) to see track variations.

Scroll down to Track Scenario choose from Day > Rain > Night. (only on tracks which feature either or both.)

You can leave it at that and let the game generate random weather variation and probabilities for you

Or....

Hitting RB to enter advanced options once you've chosen Rain will show options of:

Start Race Scenario

Mid Race Scenario

Mid Race Probability

End Race Scenario

End Race Probability.

You can set the scenarios to any of the following in any order.

Partly Cloudy , Overcast, Cloudy, Looming Clouds, Thunderclouds, Lightning Clouds, Ground Fog, Thin Fog, Dense Fog, Summer Drizzle, Drizzle, Light Rain ,Moderate Rain, Heavy Rain, Rain Thunder, Rain Lightning.

Then you set your probability percentages 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% or 100%

Hit A to accept when you're done.

Choose a car and start race.

Thanks so much, that's enormously helpful. I've got Maple Valley set up now with some dramatic business.

I'm sure it's been said elsewhere but I kind of wish you could tell which courses had which weather options in advance but it's possibly considered a bit pleb tier, I dunno. Anyway, bring on the flashing lights, I'm jumping in the Bluebird!