Yoshimax

Forza Motorsport 7

Having just seen the in-car footage of GT Sport, the "head cam" in this was really needed. Something more static seems a bit dated now. I dunno though, it sounds like GT might be a platform of sorts going forward, I think I'd prefer Forza to go there rather than slightly iterative updates every 2 years that otherwise forces you to start over.

As silly as this sounds, I very occasionally play Real Racing 3 on my phone, and they've been iterating that for years. New cars, tracks, etc. Totally different business model, I know, but I guess I'm feeling less enthused about another set of tracks to race. 

For the first time in the Forza Motorsport series, we’re bringing wide-body kits to a number of cars in Forza Motorsport 7. A select number of kits are completely bespoke and designed in-house here at Turn 10; from underground-inspired designs to aero-enhanced kits modeled after professional motorsport. In addition, numerous body-kit options from Forza Horizon 3 will also be available in Forza Motorsport 7, including Upgrade Heroes like the Nissan S14 and the 240SX SE announced today.

Wheel options will be abundant in Forza Motorsport 7. In addition to bringing over a number of the new-entry wheels from Forza Horizon 3, we’re adding a selection of new race-inspired. Whether you’re building your favorite car for yourself or you want to establish your reputation as a master in the Forza Motorsport 7 tuning scene by sharing your masterpiece on the Auction House, now you’ll have more options than ever to build the cars of your dreams.

Cars:

2001 Acura Integra Type-R
2002 Acura RSX Type-S
2017 Acura NSX
1970 Honda S800
1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen
1986 Honda Civic Si
1991 Honda CR-X SiR
1992 Honda NSX-R
1994 Honda Prelude Si
1997 Honda Civic Type R
2000 Honda Prelude Type SH
2004 Honda Civic Type-R
2005 Honda NSX-R
2007 Honda Civic Type-R
2009 Honda S2000 CR
2014 Honda Civic Si
2016 Honda Civic Type R
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2015 Infiniti Q60 Concept
1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S Series II
1973 Mazda RX-3
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata
1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7
1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
1997 Mazda RX-7
2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20
2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
2013 Mazda MX-5
2013 Mazda MX-5 Cup
2016 Mazda MX-5
1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1997 Mitsubishi GTO
1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
1970 Datsun 510
1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)
1992 Nissan Silvia CLUB K's
1993 Nissan 240SX SE
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo
1994 Nissan Silvia K's
1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
1998 Nissan R390
1998 Nissan Silvia K's Aero
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
2010 Nissan 370Z
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
2007 Toyota Hilux Arctic Trucks AT38
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS
2015 Nissan IDx NISMO
2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept
2017 Nissan GT-R
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
1990 Subaru Legacy RS
1996 Subaru SVX
1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
2005 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2011 Subaru WRX STI
2013 Subaru BRZ
2015 Subaru WRX STI

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Revival said:

https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/18/fm7-track-list-revealed/

Looks like each booth above the pit lane has a different set of car related paintings hanging on the wall :lol: It's pretty cool if you zoom in and have a look at the 4K images on the page.

FM7_TrackReveal_MapleValleySpeedway_4K.j

Not for Sebring or the Nürburgring, or Brands Hatch, or any other track where wet conditions are available.

Wet conditions only available on some tracks. You heard it here first...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

It took all of 12 minutes for some prick to turn this into a negative. Jesus Tittyfucking Christ.

Hey, Boozy, lighten up.

Hey footle sort yourself out and stop being a prick in anything Xbox related. Seriously next time you go to post in an Xbox related thread have a wee think to yourself before hitting send and ask if you're adding anything or just being a dick. It'll save us all from reading your SeanR level pish.

• Downvote 11

Weather conditions not being on all tracks is a negative to anyone not actually foaming at the mouth.

And I'd go so far as to say a fairly glaring omission in anything calling itself a sim in 2017.

• Upvote 2

the lack of weather on all tracks makes me think they haven't written a clever dynamic weather & lighting system that can be applied to anything, but rather have something a lot more scripted, with a whole separate set of art assets for the courses that its included on. 

This was what was reported after the E3 demo because the demo was designed to show off the weather on the Nurburgring race. If it had been dynamic many who played the demo might not have seen the full effect of the incoming storm. Assuming the tech is based on Horizon's weather and lighting it will be both fully dynamic and make every race unique.

That some tracks don't feature rain is more likely due to it not raining in the track's location in reality but this is considered unrealistic by those who want realistic simulations. Or just want to pick holes in an Xbox game.

• Downvote 6

28 minutes ago, Gotters said:

the lack of weather on all tracks makes me think they haven't written a clever dynamic weather & lighting system that can be applied to anything, but rather have something a lot more scripted, with a whole separate set of art assets for the courses that its included on. 

Presumably, which is a very 2005 way of doing things.

36 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I'd imagine so. Less processor intensive in real time and potentially better results (e.g. You can apply many more processor resource to calculate how a puddle grows over time on a track at a particular point after N minutes rain, and just have a look up table). Thing is, it might also give better results.

@Boozy: there's a difference between "dynamic weather" turning storms on and off at different points in a race, and modelling water pooling into puddles dynamically based on that. In the second case I'd actually expect the lookup table approach: why do it on the fly at 60fps?!

Games are smoke and mirrors. Even simulations. Turn 10 know that. Playground Games basically turned on a wet road texture in FH3: water wasn't building up on corners or dips.

I'd guess they'll be using different art assets for each track rather than a one sky fits all with variances in the weather suitable to each location. I.e. the sky in Miami will be completely different to the Top Gear track.

That's weird, I thought the X had spare power running FM7? Also, there's clearly a dynamic weather mechanism in Horizon. Unless they had to script weather for the entire map.

Bill Giese, Creative Director at Turn 10, explained in an interview with Official Xbox Magazine (OXM) UK (September 2017, issue #154) that Forza Motorsport 7 will feature dynamic image-based lighting (like in Playground’s Forza Horizon 3) on all platforms as well as dynamic HDR skies (again, like in Forza Horizon 3) on Xbox One S and Xbox One X.

However, there is one technical feature that will be only available on Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One X console (as well as on Windows 10 PC, in all likelihood). That’s dynamic cube mapping which, according to Giese, will help “better seat the cars in the world”.

Dynamic cube maps have six different 2-D images (textures), one for each side of a cube map texture, instead of just one like with static cube maps. What’s interesting to note is that rendering dynamic cube maps automatically means rendering the scene six times for each frame, not counting the main frame render. As a result, this technique requires a lot of power, which explains why it will not be available on less powerful Xbox One devices.

Forza Motorsport 7 also packs additional graphics enhancements across the board such as improved particle effects and ambient occlusion techniques as well as increased grass density, but Turn 10 also took great care of the game’s audio. Giese said:

We want players to see, hear and feel the explosive power of motorsport. For all 700 cars the instrumentation clusters are going to rattle, windshield wipers and mirrors vibrate – it’s that feeling of the car at its peak. We’ve overhauled the audio for our driveline flex, so you can hear the car tearing itself apart. It can be scary, but it feels more alive and grounded than before.

• Upvote 4