Yoshimax

Forza Motorsport 7

On 2017-6-13 at 14:20, TehStu said:

Well, I skipped a few FMs and so 6 was nice for me, but yeah, it's the same thing for GT. I need some better structure, some purpose. Horizon constantly dabbles with that, and I'm not sure which of 1 through 3 I prefer, but at least it's different. I really don't think we need a new FM and H alternating years. Just pause and rethink, make Forza fresh again. It's undoubtedly my favourite driving thing, but I wasn't exited for 7, which is telling. I'd only get it to showcase the X, if I get one.

FH1 is easily my favourite because it retains the racing of the series yet adds the fun without going stupid. FH3 is one of my most disappointing games of all time, it's clearly excellent at what it does but it just feels so hollow.

You might remember that a few days ago we told you guys that Microsoft had let us capture direct feed videos of Forza Motorsport 7 at E3, but that they had made a mistake by leaving the consoles in HDR mode, leading to almost unusable captures. Now that Miguel is back we finally got the original video captures and spend a lot of hours experimenting, and then even more hours encoding some pretty bad ass HDR videos for you guys. So if you have a 4K HDR TV, this will be a feast for your eyes for sure! For the others though, I'm sorry to say that these videos are simply not going to work as they should on any hardware. So if you have the right screen, you'll find more infos inside!

These videos should be considered highly experimental, and should not be considered like an exact representation of the colors and lighting of the final game. The first video (Dubai) especially might have some white levels quite a bit too bright, but it's difficult to say without having the game to compare with the videos. The second (rain) video is (from our opinion at least) quite an amazing sight to see though :)

These videos were tested with success on these devices:
- Xbox One S
- LG 2016 Oled TV
- LG 2015 Oled TV
- Samsung 2016 Led TV
- Nvidia Shield TV

The video was not recognized on our PS4 Pro, unless we missed something somewhere.

The easiest way to play these videos is to simply copy them to a USB thumbdrive, and play them using the media player of your TV/device.

If you have a 4K HDR TV (and only in that case!), please let us know if these videos worked, on an which devices.

Considering the time it takes to encode such videos (6 hours for 5 minutes of footage on our 12 cores encoding PC), we really need to get your feedback on this experiment so we can decide whether we keep doing more HDR videos in the future or not.

Dubai : 

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_forza_motorsport_7_e3_hdr_gameplay_1_hdr_only_-40289_en.html

Rain:

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_forza_motorsport_7_e3_hdr_gameplay_2_hdr_only_-40290_en.html

I know @SimonC and @bignige and likely @PC Master Race have the gear if someone could report back on how these vids look.

PS4 really is junk for media playback no wonder they never bothered with a UHD drive.

• Upvote 1

I'll download today and try them when I get home. I mentioned it in the Xbox One X thread but the improvement that 4K brings absolutely has to be seen with your own eyes. Unless you've seen it it's hard to understand what the fuss is all about. My hype level rises with every 4K video I see!

• Upvote 1

As somebody who has loved racing games over the years, stumping up for Fanatec wheels and a TX wheel when Microsoft screwed us with the move to the Xbone, it makes me sad to say but this just isn't interesting me.

Sure it looks beautiful, better than any previous racer, but its just looking like more of the same and I don't feel the need to own it, I don't see any innovation and driving round mostly the same tracks with mostly the same cars yet again (with a few more pixels added) isn't enough to justify the leap to a new console. Not sure I'll buy it on launch even on the xbone.

Feels like the razor industry and all they do now is just keep adding blades.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

Dubai : 

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_forza_motorsport_7_e3_hdr_gameplay_1_hdr_only_-40289_en.html

Rain:

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_forza_motorsport_7_e3_hdr_gameplay_2_hdr_only_-40290_en.html

I know @SimonC and @bignige and likely @PC Master Race have the gear if someone could report back on how these vids look.

PS4 really is junk for media playback no wonder they never bothered with a UHD drive.

Just watched them. Amazing. The clarity and detail is incredible. The rainy track with the sunny finish was just something else.

Get those 4K TV's bought people!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, macosx said:

I loved racing Maple Valley :)

the best track ever in any racing game for me that, had so many laughs with funtime dave, myoozik, and mrhoodedclaw on that, the races were just so close

• Upvote 1

Pre-orders are up, there are three editions

https://majornelson.com/2017/06/19/forza-motorsport-7-is-now-available-for-digital-pre-order-and-pre-download-on-xbox-one/?linkId=100000000497049

Forza Motorsport 7 Standard Edition (£49.99) – This bundle includes Forza Motorsport 7 and Preorder Bonus.

Forza Motorsport 7 Deluxe Edition (£64.99) – This bundle includes Forza Motorsport 7 and Preorder Bonus + Day One Car Pack and VIP membership.

Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition (£79.99) – This bundle includes Forza Motorsport 7 and Preorder Bonus + Day One Car Pack, VIP membership and Car Pass. Pre-order the Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition and receive Early Access to the game.

• Upvote 1

The recommended graphics cards seem strangely low: NVIDIA GTX 670 or NVIDIA 1050 Ti. What kind of witchcraft is going on here?

14 minutes ago, Sane said:

The recommended graphics cards seem strangely low: NVIDIA GTX 670 or NVIDIA 1050 Ti. What kind of witchcraft is going on here?

Test_Drive_II_-_The_Duel_1.png

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sane said:

1080p/60 isnt going to need that much. a 670 is still more powerful than a bone or ps4: except for graphics mermory

1 hour ago, Sane said:

Both of those are comfortably more powerful than the GPU in the Bone (and PS4).

5 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

Both of those are comfortably more powerful than the GPU in the Bone (and PS4).

I guess. It still seems low compared to other games (battlefield 1, titanfall 2, gears 4 all recommend a 1060 and those are 2016 games). Not that I'm complaining, I guess I won't have to worry with my lowly 970.

39 minutes ago, Sane said:

I guess. It still seems low compared to other games (battlefield 1, titanfall 2, gears 4 all recommend a 1060 and those are 2016 games). Not that I'm complaining, I guess I won't have to worry with my lowly 970.

I suspect that's driven by memory. Racing games can presumably get away with a bit less if they chomp down on the textures. At least two of those have giant maps with lots of textures...

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-motorsport-7-will-feature-onedrive-music-support

In the Forzavista garage, you've got speakers as part of the decor, for want of a better term, and these will play music while you're in this area of the game. So if you've hooked up your own cloud-based music, it'll blast through these.

It'll also be heard from the in-grandstand speakers on the circuits you're racing on, which is a really neat idea and kicks up the immersive experience a little. Rather than just hearing it as background music as you do in Forza Horizon 3, it sounds like you'll catch a little piece of it as you storm past the grandstands.

What are people going to be playing this on?

I'm leaning towards the PC for this as I have a wheel on that which this will hopefully be compatible with (or patched by the community!). Oh and three dispays on it so should make for a better experience.

The specs look fairly modest so hopefully my ageing PC will cope with it OK (i5 3.2Ghz/16GB RAM/GTX970). Apex seemed to be OK and very shiny...