Yoshimax

Forza Motorsport 7

apart from that desert track (and the 991 GT2RS), there's nothing in that video I've spotted that isn't already in FM6 and its associated DLC.

I'll be buying, but as of right now, it's not blowing me away.

2 hours ago, RFT said:

apart from that desert track (and the 991 GT2RS), there's nothing in that video I've spotted that isn't already in FM6 and its associated DLC.

There's trucks in FM6?

I hope that all that camera shake in helmet cam is actually in the game because it's little things like that can add a sense of wheel-gripping intensity to the racing that gets the heart pumping. 

Phew, definitely going to be on the Xbox One then, based on the release date? Feared it would be a new console exclusive when they announced that this morning, and I'll be fucked if I'm upgrading again already.

It looks stunningly beautiful and 4k 60fps is surely incredible on a nice big HDR tv - did anybody else find an odd uncanny valley sensation in watching it though ? It was almost hyper realistic beyond reality, and the car movement from external views ever so slightly off - not claiming any of this are defects or shoddy (it looks amazing), just something in my brain watching it got confused and registered as a little odd.

I think the more realistic something looks the less forgiving the brain is to any minor flaws. When it's something obviously not real our mind happily helps us believe and glosses over the fakeness, but if it's something which at first glance looks like straight out of the camera footage we start noticing what's wrong instead!

• Upvote 1

Yep, this isn't quite Tom Hanks in that train film levels of weird, but definitively something I noticed and wonder if it becomes a 'thing' when 4k gets more widespread in less cartooney looking game locations 

FM has always looked a little "sterile" to maintain the 60 fps, so that could be an issue. I agree though - I watched a crappy crushed stream but I wasn't blown away. I need to find somewhere that'll let me watch 1080p without much compression.

I just hope they sort out the wet weather races in this one. In FM6 they just meant a load of standing water all over the track which was no fun to race on especially with Drivatars spinning out all over the place. 

It need a massive refresh, much like GT. Forza especially needs a better single player mode, last years was a total disaster and I sold it on because of it. More fantasy tracks too because the same old ones are stale. Maple Valley remains the best track in the series. 

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see Horizon and the main series kind of merged together. The pissing about in the open countryside is great fun, but I prefer my racing to be on proper tracks. Being able to drive between the different circuits on some sort of racing obsessed island would be ideal to me!

• Upvote 2

In a behind closed doors presentation with Microsoft, we were given a statistic that seems particularly impressive. Forza Motorsport 7 content director John Wendl told us that there's a 30 percent surplus on the GPU, even when running the game at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second. That's surprisingly not-close to the Xbox One X's limits.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-xbox-one-x-has-power-to-spare-even-when-running-forza-at-4k-60fps-441794.phtml

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nakamura said:

It need a massive refresh, much like GT. Forza especially needs a better single player mode, last years was a total disaster and I sold it on because of it. More fantasy tracks too because the same old ones are stale. Maple Valley remains the best track in the series. 

Well, I skipped a few FMs and so 6 was nice for me, but yeah, it's the same thing for GT. I need some better structure, some purpose. Horizon constantly dabbles with that, and I'm not sure which of 1 through 3 I prefer, but at least it's different. I really don't think we need a new FM and H alternating years. Just pause and rethink, make Forza fresh again. It's undoubtedly my favourite driving thing, but I wasn't exited for 7, which is telling. I'd only get it to showcase the X, if I get one.

1 hour ago, Yoshimax said:

That's great, but it means a) assuming we're not CPU bound here, 30% of the GPU on a $500 console is wasted, b) they could have spent more time on physics/weather/more scenery/anything else, which feeds into my comment above that 7 feels like a bit of a tweak, rather than a showcase. It feels like the 7th game.

If that headroom is there then they need to do a better job on making things other than the cars look nice. Kick up dirt properly, leave better tracks on tarmac, part water on the road, more realistic smoke than "general mist", and frankly stop it looking like a game with some realistic assets placed in it.

I love the series but so much of this effort seems like it offers gamers very little over what they've seen before.

• Upvote 3

The best thing to do is skip the odd number releases and pick up the evens.

Forza 2, 4 and 6 are all fleshed out, have the most content and feel like an evolution from the previous release.

• Upvote 1

Minimum and Recommended PC specs

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/forza-...-requirements/

Minimum
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 2 GB
Processor: Intel i5-750 2.67 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GT 740 or NVIDIA GTX 650 or AMD R7 250X