Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

Just "finished" the campaign on this (and by that, I mean unlocked what seems like a whole extra campaigns' worth of events, not including the ones I didn't do the first time around 😁)

I'm impressed by just how much stuff there is here - the tracks, the cars, the weather.... I've only take the briefest of looks at Rivals and the Multiplayer. It feels great to play and looks great too. I think the only two things I can fault it on are:

- The mod system. I'm pretty sure the first few games gave you extra rewards for turning off assists - but here you have to use a mod card for bonuses? Why not give a permanent boost for turning off assists, and have the mod cards for "Finish in top X" type stuff?

- The race set up menus are pretty laggy (on my pc), and I was utterly confused in trying to set up a free play race the first few times

On 27/09/2021 at 21:51, Serious Posting said:

- The mod system. I'm pretty sure the first few games gave you extra rewards for turning off assists - but here you have to use a mod card for bonuses? Why not give a permanent boost for turning off assists, and have the mod cards for "Finish in top X" type stuff?

Why not save physics changing bonuses for your arcade game series and not your simulation?

It was dying on its arse along with Xbox as a whole. They had to put microtransactions all over it to justify it getting made to the bean counters at MS. Hence outfits, mod cards and badges. In the end they never sold any of them cos Uncle Phil got promoted to the big table and his old boss who was trying to get rid of Xbox completely went to work with Don Matrik.

Keep moaning about it for another couple of years since it makes you happy though.

Playing Devil's advocate here (I actually don't like the cards / mods) but they don't change the physics / performance of the cars in FM7.

They did in FM6 but, mercifully, they scrapped that bullshit for FM7.

In FM7, they are only for bonuses i.e. do the race in cockpit view and get 20% extra credits or start at the back of the grid etc. Still nonsense mind.

Here's the complete list: https://forza.fandom.com/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_7/Mods

One of the current featured Rivals events is pretty good fun. Nordschleife in a Castrol Honda Civic touring car. Sub-8:00 clean lap gets you a bonus of 750K. 

I'm on an 8:08 so far. The car is good for a 7:11 so there's loads of time to find. 

Nice car, handles really well.