IGNORED

Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

spatular - 1:01.975

wanted to get under 1:02, eventually got it but it took ages, hands ache a bit. Also a good tip is to not press the rewind button just before the finish line, thinking its the look back button while trying to see how far the ghost is away.

6 hours ago, TehStu said:

Ah yes, the automatic ruin your lap time button.

I'm finding the fact that screwing up the last couple of corners invalidates your next lap really annoying. I swear I beat my best time by a good second, but it didn't count it because of me screwing up the previous lap. 

multiClunk - 1:03.314

After chasing @footle for 29 laps! 

As a rule, I've always turned all assists off, bar the racing line, since I learned manual gears back when Forza 3 came out and never to my knowledge ever felt the need to turn any of them back on.

But here I am improving my times (very slightly) by putting them on one by one! I hope it's just this car where I'm going to need to do this, I've really never liked or got on with any of the MX-5's in any Forza for some reason. 

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I'm finding the fact that screwing up the last couple of corners invalidates your next lap really annoying. I swear I beat my best time by a good second, but it didn't count it because of me screwing up the previous lap. 

It’s fair though, and consistent with real racing (eg at Monza your current and next lap times will be deleted if you run wide around Parabolica, just because of the big speed advantage you could be carrying into the long straight).

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

If you screw up you can rewind back to the long (ish) sweeping right hander and then focus on getting a good run out of the final corner for the next lap. Also once you have a clean lap started, you can rewind back to just before the start/finish line and it won't invalidate your next lap. So you can effectively attempt to nail the first corner as many times as you like and decide whether you want go continue the lap 

1 minute ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

If you screw up you can rewind back to the long (ish) sweeping right hander and then focus on getting a good run out of the final corner for the next lap. Also once you have a clean lap started, you can rewind back to just before the start/finish line and it won't invalidate your next lap. So you can effectively attempt to nail the first corner as many times as you like and decide whether you want go continue the lap 

So rewind back to the end of the previous lap? Interesting... I haven't quite got the hang of the first double right-hander. 

12 minutes ago, multi said:

After chasing @footle for 29 laps! 

When I was giving this a go last night, I thought I'd done maybe 4-5 laps. Looked up and realised I'd actually done 33!

4 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

So rewind back to the end of the previous lap? Interesting... I haven't quite got the hang of the first double right-hander. 

When I was giving this a go last night, I thought I'd done maybe 4-5 laps. Looked up and realised I'd actually done 33!

Pretty much, if you invalidate in the final few corners you can rewind to roughly where the red circle is and go again and it shouldn't invalide your next lap, and if you mess up the first few corners you can rewind from roughly the other circle to just before the start/finish line and try again without it invalidating your next lap (but will invalidate the one you just completed) 

th.jpeg.jpg

Apologies to any friend requests I have been slow to respond to. For some reason they didn't appear as notifications on my Xbox, and only showed up today in the Xbox app on my PC. I think I have followed everyone back now, but bloody hell it's complicated if you don't have the notifications to hand on the console itself!

Spent my lunch break taking another second off: 

image.thumb.png.0f66cf3b5de74e2af935d45f17414b28.png

@rafaqat I'm coming for you :)

Problem I'm having is I'm used to the MX-5 we always race on Monday nights in GT Sport, which (being Japanese) is RHD. 

The one in Forza is LHD and I keep infringing on right-hand turns. Invariably I'd swear my left wheels are inside the line but it keeps catching me out. 

Still, practice makes perfect etc. 

Got the wheel out for the first time in a couple of years (certainly attached to an Xbox). Had to turn on stability control, but eventually got down to a 1.04 ish, which means... I’m no better than I was with the controller.

Righty then, time for one last attack. Had a little try earlier and managed to trim a few hundredths, but let's see if I can't get a bit more.

Happy we stuck with standard setup. I could probably download some tune and set an ok time, but for doing my own spannering this is quite accurate...

Hey @Boozy The Clown, does this end today/tonight and have you got a new challenge in mind?

I really enjoyed this even though I failed to make much time up on my last posting despite doing another 60 or so laps! Good turnout too.

Hope this becomes a long running thing again (do you think it's worth making a new thread in "online" for it, if we still have the "online" folder?)

Thanks for organising Boozy. Good to get playing Forza again it's been a while. Fell out of love for FM series a bit over the past few years despite being a huge fan since the first one way back on the Xbox. 

I've been using the 360 again to play some FM3 and 4 and it's amazing how far the series has come in terms of the sim side of it. Simulation steering in the older games is much less twitchy than the latest one. Much more of a handful to drive. Still trying to work out if this is more fun or not though :)