IGNORED

Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Anyone on a wheel with this? Just wondering which will give better times. Never really played Forza on a wheel other than back on the 360 with the MS wheel.

Think from memory the pad always had the slight advantage back in the day. Looking forward to experimenting. Although my PC will only so 1080p at 60fps.

Wheel here! 

6 hours ago, davejm said:

Quick blast this afternoon...

dmoscrop - 1:02.062

Still time to find to get into the 1:01s.

Here's the lap:-

Edit: Removed the black bars

Wait a minute. You’re all playing in the dry?! Is there some setting I missed?

40 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

First time trying anything like this

I suspect I need to take the training wheels offif I want to get better. I have ABS, traction control and ASM on and I'm using automatic gears... 

Yeah, but so is meerman, somehow.

Welp, after 15 laps of beating Boozy into the first two corners and then losing all momentum in the second of the S bends, I shaved a few tenths off. Have absolutely no idea how to take those and the final corner without the braking line on. All these "good" and "perfect" that flash up aren't translating into speed.

TehStu: 1:05.463

It doesn't take me long to peak in these TT competitions :)

7 hours ago, Meatball said:

I been working innit :blah:

Meatball - 1:01.838

Any excuse, mate.

My lap time isn't too bad, but I just can't play racing sims with a controller so I'm going to try it on PC with my wheel. I need more precision. I hope @Boozy The Clown allows it and doesn't consider it an advantage (I removed my clutch pedal for ACC so no cheating there).

10 hours ago, footle said:

Yeah, but so is meerman, somehow.

See above. Lap time with wheel and no assists TBA :D :P

3 hours ago, TehStu said:

Welp, after 15 laps of beating Boozy into the first two corners and then losing all momentum in the second of the S bends, I shaved a few tenths off. Have absolutely no idea how to take those and the final corner without the braking line on. All these "good" and "perfect" that flash up aren't translating into speed.

TehStu: 1:05.463

It doesn't take me long to peak in these TT competitions :)

It was your ghost I was up against last night. I'd beat you out of the first double right hander, but you'd seem to have more momentum and I'd be chasing you for the rest of the lap. Sometimes I'd come out of the final corner ahead but, again, you'd have the momentum and pass me not far into the final straight. 

Question for the class: now I've switched to manual transmission (the G920 has a very satisfying click on shifting, I've found), do I shift on the red line, before the red line, a bit after? 

43 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Question for the class: now I've switched to manual transmission (the G920 has a very satisfying click on shifting, I've found), do I shift on the red line, before the red line, a bit after? 

Just before the red line. Engine torque rapidly drops after the rev limit which means you won't accellerate much after that point. And that goes for every class.

Edit: @ScouserInExile, is your gamertag the same as your forum tag?

6 minutes ago, extremepabs said:

Hi I might jump back in on this. just need to redownload it. How do i register?

Pabs!

Just set a time on Suzuka East (dry) with a stock and untuned 2016 Mazda MX-5 and post your gamertag along with your lap time in here and Boozy will take care of the rest.

See his post on page 27 for all the details.

haha, forum ACC crew represent. I wonder if we can recruit a few from this thread back to join us as well?

I had a weird problem yesterday where the game would only load in super-low-res, like unreadably so. It seems to have cured itself now so I hope to set a time today now I can actually see what I'm doing in the menus.

Shaving more time off.  Using a controller with assists off and standard steering I'm definitetly getting more precise control of the car the more I practise, but still some time to find.

M Speech - 01:02:262

Just spotted that after I finished @SnoopZakaDaVe :angry:

Meatball - 1:01.685

I'm pretty sure I could maybe dip sub 1:01 or damn close to it if only my fingers would follow the simple instructions my brain is sending down to them, but they keep doing numpty shit and screwing me over.

First corner, or is is corners is for sure my main area I need to get improved on.

But I'm done for the moment, I going to check out the new Mario stuff in ACNH. I'll be back later maybe.

18 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I'm pretty sure I could maybe dip sub 1:01 or damn close to it if only my fingers would follow the simple instructions my brain is sending down to them, but they keep doing numpty shit and screwing me over.

First corner, or is is corners is for sure my main area I need to get improved on.

But I'm done for the moment, I going to check out the new Mario stuff in ACNH. I'll be back later maybe.

Same happened to me I beat your ghost i think it was a 1:01.8 something, then it said next rival.. meatball with the 1:01.685 :hmm: so I had to go again 

1 hour ago, Meatball said:

Don't suppose you have a video of the lap that you could share? Just curious to see what a lap ~5s faster than I can do looks like.

7 minutes ago, Meers said:

Is there anyone on a wheel who can get close to that time?

Getting my wheel out today and having a play. The series X plays this smoother than my PC though but my wheel doesn't work with the Xbox at least I don't think it does! It's a Logitech G29 which is essentially the same a G920 but think they use different drivers so it won't work on the Xbox (it was designed for PS4). PC as always most flexible.

13 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Don't suppose you have a video of the lap that you could share? Just curious to see what a lap ~5s faster than I can do looks like.

You can search for Meatball in the 'my friends' leaderboards (provided that you are friends) and then click on his name to watch the replay of his fastest lap. At least, that's how it always worked in previous Forza Motorsport titles.

13 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Getting my wheel out today and having a play. The series X plays this smoother than my PC though but my wheel doesn't work with the Xbox at least I don't think it does! It's a Logitech G29 which is essentially the same a G920 but think they use different drivers so it won't work on the Xbox (it was designed for PS4). PC as always most flexible.

I won't have time tonight so it'll have to be tomorrow for me (besides trying to set a time in our ACC league). I wonder if controllers have a slight advantage in FM7...

I think my lowly laptop can run it in 1440p60, but I'm not 100% sure.

Wow this is *very* twitchy on the wheel!!!! Never quite sure when the car is going to let go on the corners and when it does it instantly spins with little chance of recovery (as you can on the pad).

So gone back to the pad for a bit - I'm still shockingly bad though :D 

This is fun although as always this is a completely different proposition when you turn the assists off. No way I can do manual gears on a pad.... never managed this far :D 

Turned all the assists off (although still auto box) and managed a 1:07.497 so far. So chasing rafaqat75 down at the moment on 1:07.126 although that time was set with assists on :P 

I had to switch to controller profile 2, so that X is change up and A is change down. The default of X/B is just weird, particularly as you're almost certainly not wanting the handbrake immediately to hand on A.

Making me pine for the paddles at the back of an Elite pad, though.