Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

I tried a few ideas out this morning. Think I'll be starting out with Suzuka's wee S bend track maybe in a C class. then the other half in B. then the full track in A.

Personally I'd prefer to pick a single car each week and have you all run it without any upgrades or tuning. To keep things simple and even. 

Thoughts  or objections welcome.

3 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Personally I'd prefer to pick a single car each week and have you all run it without any upgrades or tuning. To keep things simple and even. 

Single car sounds good and think simple is best. Even playing field without upgrades or tuning. 

31 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

I tried a few ideas out this morning. Think I'll be starting out with Suzuka's wee S bend track maybe in a C class. then the other half in B. then the full track in A.

Thoughts  or objections welcome.

All fine by me 

1 hour ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Yup, do this. Although I notice that when buying certain cars it auto upgrades or something, so maybe quote the car's stock rating number just to be absolutely sure.

Is this all done somehow automatically with a table in the game? Driveclub used to have some invite system, and you'd have a week to put in your best lap for a given car/track.

34 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just realised this is just over three years old now! I expect we are due another one this year? This is a perfect game to make use of the additional power of the new Series consoles.

It was still early in development when they announced it last year. My  money is on Horizon 5 appearing before this one.

35 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just realised this is just over three years old now! I expect we are due another one this year? This is a perfect game to make use of the additional power of the new Series consoles.

They had a brief teaser trailer for the next one last year, I think it mentioned the (simpler) ray tracing that these new consoles do. But if the "no exclusives for 2 years" thing holds true, we can't see a pure Series Forza Motorsport until 2022. But, Flightsim is out this year and Series exclusive so that's already out the door.

Just downloaded on PC... I think it's cross play so the leaderboards should get shared.  Is it the Susuka East track that I need?

I seem to have some credits already, perhaps due to playing Forza Horizon 4?  So I bought the Mazda MX-5 2016 and did a lap in Rivals mode.  Is that the mode to use, or is there another time trial/leaderboard type mode that I need to find?

The unskippable videos are really frustrating.

Gamertag: dmoscrop

21 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Watching your replay(s) now.

1:09

1:07

1:05

:omg:

1:04:blah:

Just getting to grips with the low downforce of the Mazda after racing the GT3s in ACC.  Very tricky!  Still loads of time to find, but it's hard to trust the car at the moment.  Any sharp inputs and it spins out on you (curse that lack of downforce).  Fun though!   Managed to dial in my force feedback settings quite quickly, and with the simulation steering and all assists off it feels nice.

Had a quick 5 minute blast on all the default settings - I think I will have to look at the assists felt really weird think auto-braking and things must be on by default.

Managed around 1.08 but I'll have a proper go later on! Not sure whether to use the PC for this though as the wheel works with that. Never got used to manual changes on a pad.

Gamertag : CypherQ 

Currently downloading on the PC... think I'll play on there at least I can use my wheel and see if it makes any tangible difference to my times. 

Nothing to say you can't use a pad or wheel. Happy to use the pad though if that is preferred.

multiClunk - 1:04.132

The thing I'd forgotten about this and how good it is, is that if you can get everyone who's playing added as a friend, you go up against their ghosts  live and see exactly where you are losing time.