Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_april2019_update

As of Tuesday’s update, we’re unlocking the majority of previously locked “exclusive” cars in Forza Motorsport 7, allowing players to purchase these cars as they would any other car in the game. Here’s the list of cars being unlocked:

Just completed my car collection.

903543a1-6956-4e73-85bb-850b661f3d41.jpg

On 14/03/2019 at 11:52, MattyP said:

Wish they would actually just build on 7 and just add more tracks. Call it just Forza Motorsport and drop the numeric suffix totally. Kind of like Gran Turismo has

Yeah, I'd buy into that. Horizon has quite different locations, but what does Motorsport have? Some tracks. Some aren't included in new versions, some are. We pine for old tracks. Some of the new ones are nice. 

I think they can revolve the mechanics as they go and just continually add content. But as it stands, I'm no longer going from version to version, and even 3 Horizons in quick succession (for me, as I caught up) was a bit much.

Just go all in on this damn "as a service" stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Have gone back to this recently having played very little of it when I first bought it. It’s fantastic. Currently playing through campaign and doing some free play races too, mostly Le Mans. Looks wonderful in 4K hdr. I guess online is pretty dead now.

Have Forza 7 but hardly play it. Think it's the lack of new tracks and the fact that they took most of my favourite tracks out from Forza 3.  Forza 3 is still my favourite of the series and hasn't been bettered IMHO in terms of variety. Lost something when it moved over to XBO too.... although the Prague circuit was rather good. Wish they would do more city circuits added something to the game.

I do like the addition of trucks in 7. Might be fun to have some online racing in those.... Although the emphasis will be on the fun aspect as it might turn into a bit of a demolition derby... :)

I've hammered 7's single player campaign, thought I'd wrapped it up but a whole load of other events opened up after what I thought was my final race. Not sure I can be arsed completing them tbh. Anyway, I actually gave it a go via Xcloud on my swanky new phone with 5G and I say shit god damn was it impressive. Much, much better than when I tried the service several months ago. So I may not actually 100% the single player game but thanks to Xcloud I'll hopefully top 80%.

At least 10% of that will be on the lav.

9 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

What happened?

Forza Horizon? I know for me personally the Motorsport series just became this super sterile thing that I had no desire to play. I'd much rather hang out with Ben Mate. For sim stuff on consoles, PCars 2 was the place to be.

22 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

What happened?

I had no compatible wheel at the time of release. Later I had, but its shallow force feedback was the reason I didn't want to play it anymore, so I switched to the console version of Assetto Corsa instead. And it was that game that made me switch to PC for my racing sim needs eventually.

FM7 has since gotten a FFB update, and I downloaded it for PC. I play it every now and again, bit's pretty amazing now actually. The PC game has so many more options than the console version to tinker with, it's insane. Take FoV alone, for instance.

39 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

What happened?

There are a couple of reasons why our old leagues/groups stopped I think. I can't necessarily talk for the Forza gang, but our F1 league definitely ground to a halt when the new consoles came out in 2013. It was a mixture of folks not really wanting to go back to their old machines so much any more, of our player base being divided across multiple platforms (we'd raced on the 360 but a fair few of us went for the PS4 for launch) and the final killer, I think, was that the majority of us had wheels and pedals that didn't work with the PS4/Xbox One versions of the F1 games when they came out.

@Tomcat Have you tried increasing the AI Difficulty at all? As I approached the final Tier of the SP game I knocked it up. Then started to see more racing behaviour and interestingly (to me, at least) lots of more spinning off the track and crashing.

FM7 is excellent. The PC version in HDR is wonderful.

I increased it and found it difficult to beat the AI, but still found they didn't really try to pass each other.

Maybe it depends on the cars.  I usually did all truck races - LMP1 cars might be different.

This is free play - I finished the campaign ages ago.

I still enjoy the game very much.  Just hoping for better from the next game.  Forza Horizon cars race each other properly.

• 7 months later...

I've been having a blast on this. I know I wondered if Motorsport was still for me, but I stopped playing FH4 (I just can't mentally keep both handling models in my brain at the same time) and have been focusing on this instead. Rain belting down on a track still looks amazing, even on the venerable XB1. 

Minor gripe - I was at the tail end of Tier 7, and now I'm a little into 9 I think, on the Forza hub. That's all FM7. However, nothing shows up under Forza 7. It also shows I last played October 3, which is daft because I didn't download it until after my XSX arrived. Or perhaps I briefly tried it on game pass streaming, I dunno. It's just fun to work on whatever is listed so kinda bummed it's not tracking my progress explicitly. Also weird is that the badges in the game have not unlocked. I can select the "Tier 7" badge, but not 9. Somehow, there's a disconnect between the hub and FM7. I've tried using the Xbox hub app, Win 10, and even the website to see if just being on one of those caused it to sync up.

Anyone else had this?

13 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I've been having a blast on this. I know I wondered if Motorsport was still for me, but I stopped playing FH4 (I just can't mentally keep both handling models in my brain at the same time) and have been focusing on this instead. Rain belting down on a track still looks amazing, even on the venerable XB1. 

Minor gripe - I was at the tail end of Tier 7, and now I'm a little into 9 I think, on the Forza hub. That's all FM7. However, nothing shows up under Forza 7. It also shows I last played October 3, which is daft because I didn't download it until after my XSX arrived. Or perhaps I briefly tried it on game pass streaming, I dunno. It's just fun to work on whatever is listed so kinda bummed it's not tracking my progress explicitly. Also weird is that the badges in the game have not unlocked. I can select the "Tier 7" badge, but not 9. Somehow, there's a disconnect between the hub and FM7. I've tried using the Xbox hub app, Win 10, and even the website to see if just being on one of those caused it to sync up.

Anyone else had this?

I played Forza 7 a bit a couple weeks ago after years away from it and the Forzahub was just fucked up totally. Saying I hadn't played or earned achievements in many of the games. 

On the off chance we're all sitting around while they're not aware of the defect, I submitted a ticket:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Forza Support! This is a known issue with the Forza Hub and the team is currently investigating. You can check out the Forza Hub Article for a list of Known Issues and New Tier Rewards. We are marking this ticket as solved because we've already identified the issue and are working on a fix. We don't need to bother you with a ton of questions or troubleshooting tips, as its being worked on by our devs already.

Thanks again for letting us know and we are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Forza Support Team

The link goes here:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360005367633-Forza-Hub

Current known issues:

• Delay or not updating game stats.
  • Credits showing in the hub may reflect the total amount earned as the amount per title.
  • Redeeming credits but not receiving them in game.

I wonder if they're just heads down focusing on new FM and, given it seems to work for FH4 just fine (for me, anyway), aren't bothered yet. Hopefully they fix this before FM8 or whatever it'll be called.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Now its on Game Pass , does anybody fancy a weekly Time Trial on this ?

Sounds good. Although not sure how good I'd be don't have a wheel of the Xbox and usually have AT gears! :) Sounds like a bit of fun though and it would get me playing it a bit... Guess it will be the usual format - Name a circuit and car class etc and run it for a week? Or can we organise this through a club or something? Not sure how all the online stuff works on this as I largely played it offline....

I'm terrible but aye, count me in. 

In case anyone was also stuck on this, the achievement for completing a championship can't be done until you've won all the trophies. I 100% the Seekers and didn't unlock the achievement, but evidently some events get added once you've won all the trophies. Currently working on the Master cup.

On 25/02/2021 at 09:45, Boozy The Clown said:

Now its on Game Pass , does anybody fancy a weekly Time Trial on this ?

I'd be up for it provided there is a nice mix of classes? I'm not keen on past time trials for racing games where it's always the fastest cars available :)