Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

On 20/07/2018 at 13:40, ScouserInExile said:

Forza has stuck to its roots and just tried to get a bit better each time.

Think it has to a degree. Problem I have with Forza is they remove tracks from time to time... Main gripe of mine was loosing the point to point tracks from 3... loved those...

Just started getting back into Forza again after a while away - think 4 is the last I played for any length of time - but 7 looks and plays great and has a greater variety of vehicles... actually like the truck driving.... Looking forward to getting stuck into it over the forthcoming weeks.....

With the eventual removal of IAPs from this game (and future Forza titles), what will have changed? Were those things of any consequence, or just cosmetic? With the removal of that bullshit mechanic, I'd like to get this now.

The lootboxes were just a delivery system for mod cards, racing suits, badges and mystery car gambling.

They were never associated with micro transactions or real money. That's not to say they weren't ever intended to. The token system was a microtransaction based system to allow purchasing cars but the economy of in game credits meant even the most expensive cars in game were never more than a few hours play away.

13 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

The lootboxes were just a delivery system for mod cards, racing suits, badges and mystery car gambling.

They were never associated with micro transactions or real money. That's not to say they weren't ever intended to. The token system was a microtransaction based system to allow purchasing cars but the economy of in game credits meant even the most expensive cars in game were never more than a few hours play away.

I actually really like the system at the moment.  If I want an expensive car, I can do loads of easy races to get the credits I need, or I can just whack up the level of the driveatars and use mods to up the difficulty and get the car more quickly.  It works well for me.  I'm crap at the game though - some of the players on here probably find no challenge at all even at the highest difficulty in single-player.

17 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

I was slightly surprised to hear they would be dumping loot boxes. I've not played a lot, but they seem to work fine and, as you've said, they aren't able to be bought with real money or blocking to progress, so I fail to see the harm.

I'll be interested to see what they're replaced with.

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I was slightly surprised to hear they would be dumping loot boxes. I've not played a lot, but they seem to work fine and, as you've said, they aren't able to be bought with real money or blocking to progress, so I fail to see the harm.

I'll be interested to see what they're replaced with.

Me too cant really see what the problem is with them... just hear all the noise about microtransactions and lootboxes but think the credits system has been in since Forza 4 you can eiither use them or not... some people like the option... so long as earning of in game credits is not deliberately tweaked to make it much of grind to get what you want without actually buying credits with real money all good here.

I can see why there might be a backlash because its kinda pay to win - however not really sure what people would get out of the game then...

On 18/07/2018 at 07:14, ScouserInExile said:

I could possibly do with more Xbox friends for drivatars - I only ever seem to be racing against TheStu, MultiClunk and Dudley. Any volunteers?

No Meatball? :(

Feel free to add me... meatball46

6 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Will do. Would much rather have recognisable names above the cars ahead of me...

Feel free to add me... I'm pretty rubbish though - or should I say out of practice! I haven't really played on Forza that much since 4 really back on the 360. Starting to play a bit more of 7 and getting back into it again.

It's been just over nine months since we launched Forza Motorsport 7, and there are just over two months to go before... Forza Horizon 4... Along the way, we've done our best to listen to, absorb, and most importantly, act upon... feedback... One major area of discussion for the team has been prize crates. While we've never charged money for prize crates in Forza Motorsport 7, their presence in the game has continued to be a source of controversy. The overwhelming feedback has been that this system feels out of place in the game. After careful consideration, we have decided to completely remove prize crates from Forza Motorsport 7. Similarly, paid tokens – which were a part of previous Forza games – will not be coming to Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 4... Due to the complexity of removing prize crates from the game... we expect that this process will be completed in the winter. Starting this month, we've already taken steps towards that goal, first by unlocking more... cars and, second, by completely removing cars from the prize crates in the game.

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-motorsport-7-remove-loot-crates-wont-introduce-paid-tokens-forza-horizon-4

Playing around with this last night and looking for any photo modes... Does this have them anymore? Think Forza 4 allowed you to position your car with scenery in the background so you could snap some photos... Also any way of changing the default background from the somewhat dull warehouse / workshop default?  4 seemed to have a few more features in there with respect to this which in 7 have been pared back. Not sure why sure the focus is on racing and motorsports but quite liked the extra things. Does forzavista still have the same details on cars had an e-type Jag but couldn't open then bonnet for example... Strange Forza series they keep adding things - then take them away again.... :-\

In contrast (and not intending to start a racing wars stuff here) I've been playing GT Sport a bit on the PS4 too... and well the amount of detail on there is insane... you-tube links to archive footage for brands, museums for each marque, photo scapes (photo taking mode) etc etc. Just seems a more in depth car enthusiasts game again... surprised at T10 removing some of the things they innovated with. Seems GT has learned some things from the Forza series which is great.

Just wish T10 would keep building on what they have created rather than paring back sometimes. Although perhaps when they update the rendering engine etc it takes more time to re-implement the things that went before?! - which I guess they don't have the luxury off as they run on a seemingly strict 2-year release cycle.

Still its great to have access to 2 great racers that do things slightly differently....

If you added Meatball to your friends list then you won't be...trust me, he''s been ruining my leaderboards for years. 

Grab the fastest car you can, work all night practicing every corner until you finally nail the perfect lap. Then check the leaderboard to find that Meatball is 10 seconds faster........driving a Mini.

(Bastard)

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is having the problem of their messages not appearing so they weren't receiving their Forza Rewards I've found a solution that works for me.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst131313_I-ve-found-a-fix-for-the-server-issues--Multiplayer-messages-rivals-etc.aspx

Not a complete fix unfortunately but this will get you online. My game was taking 10 or more tries before loading multiplayer/leagues, and wasn’t loading messages or rivals at all. 

Open the game and in from the main menu, press the Xbox button on your controller, scroll to settings - network settings. Click ‘go offline’, wait 5 seconds, then click ‘go online. Go back to Forza and your messages will load and you’ll be able to go online either immediately or with a couple of clicks of the button. 

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_september_update

September update details.

Meetups

How many times have you wanted to load up a track in Forza Motorsport 7, grab your friends, and just hang out, with no time limits to worry about? Now you can with Meetups. This new feature lets players load into either a pre-existing Track Day hopper, or create their own private hopper, and invite friends in for some on-track fun.

In a Meetup lobby, players are free to drop in and drop out as they please; they can change cars in the lobby as many times as they like then load back into the track. Players can also tune their cars on the track (or in the pre-race lobby), while others are drifting, racing, or just hanging out. In short, players are free to do what they like, when they like, on any track in the game.

In public meetup lobbies, any player can initiate a vote to change the track by pausing the game and bringing up the list of tracks. Once a track has received 50 percent of the votes, the new track will be loaded in. In private Meetups, the host controls everything. When the host changes tracks, the event will end after a brief timer countdown, then all players will be pulled back to the lobby until the next track loads.

One other benefit of Meetups: the Test Track Airfield Tag track is now available to play in multiplayer modes other than Tag for the first time in Forza 7. This track is a fantastic location for drivers to hoon around, and for drifters to let loose. In fact, this track locale is different from other Forza tracks in that it has no race line – which means that drift points are judged solely on angle and speed (and not whether they are adhering to a race line).

Holy fuck this is genius. Join me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_November_Update

8ntLeSa.jpg

1973 Porsche #6 Penske Sunoco 917/30 Can-Am Spyder

The age of Can-Am cars was an era of unparalleled speed. The 917/30 driven by Mark Donahue broke A.J Foyt’s closed course record-setting a speed of 221.120, a record that stood for nearly 20 years. It wasn’t just the power, it was the weight of the 917 – a scant 1,765 pounds – that made this car so formidable. It could go from 0 to 60mph in 2.1 seconds, 0 to 100 mph in 3.9 seconds, and 0 to 200 mph in 13.4 seconds. In 1973 those numbers set the 917/30 apart; 45 years later, this classic Porsche racer still astounds.

New Collision Model

While nearly everyone tries to avoid them, collisions are a part of racing. With the November update, we have implemented some important physics updates that significantly change collisions in the game. These changes can be found across three different areas of the game:

1) We’ve improved energy dissipation between bodies, as well as the way tire friction is calculated during a collision. This is a global change, which results in “softer” collisions, where collisions absorb energy and the collision impulse happens over a longer period of time.

2) In multiplayer events, collisions are now resolved locally and blended when the game receives an update from other player(s) in the same multiplayer match. Effectively this means that multiplayer collisions now work like single-player collisions, even in high-latency scenarios.

3) A new Collision Assist setting scales the amount of body rotation a car can impart on another car in a crash. Players can choose to turn the Collision Assist on or off and players will have the option to create lobbies that use this assist (or ones that do not). This collision assist is meant to curb griefing; and a car hit by a car with this assist engaged will also receive the assist.

The sum of these changes means that contact and collisions feel much different in Forza 7 with this update. Car contact when side by side will result in fewer spins; tandem drifters will find that their cars will be more tolerant of tiny taps than before, and griefers dive-bombing into Turn 1 will have less of an effect on the rest of the field than before. In all, the new collision model is meant to bring car-to-car contact more in line with the real world, and also make the experience for players of all skill levels that much better.

Race Shop

Prize crates are gone and the Race Shop is here! The new Race Shop feature gives players the option to purchase Mod cards, Driver Gear, and Badges whenever they like. The Race Shop is found in a new tile on the main menu page of Forza Motorsport 7. The item lineup in the Race Shop is a mixture of Mod cards, Driver Gear, and badges, and the inventory for the Race Shop refreshes every six minutes. In the Race Shop, players can purchase items using in-game credits. These items will vary in cost based on the type of item and its rarity. Driver Gear and badges appearing in the Race Shop that a player already owns will be shown darkened out and won’t be available for purchase, but players will be able to purchase Mod cards that they might already have in their collection.

One important note for new Forza 7 players: As we announced in Friday’s edition of the Week in Review, we’ve replaced the prize crates that were part of our Forza Rewards programs for new Forza 7 players with Mod cards. New players will now receive Race Mod cards, depending on their Forza Rewards Tier level.

Hot Wheels Cars & More

Hot Wheels arrive in Forza Motorsport 7! Seven Hot Wheels models arrive tomorrow with the November update. This epic collection of cars is part of our epic celebration of Hot Wheels’ 50th anniversary. In addition to legendary Hot Wheels vehicles like the Twin Mill and the Bone Shaker, we’ve got a few new-to-Forza Hot Wheels 50th anniversary rides like the 1970 Hot Wheels Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1, the 1969 Hot Wheels Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe and the 1963 Hot Wheels Volkswagen Beetle.

November Hot Wheels #Forzathon Events

DateEvent NameEvent TypeReward

Nov. 6 - Dec. 14Hot Wheels Anniversary SpecialRacesHot Wheels 2000's Driver Gear

Nov. 9 -16Hot Wheels for Hot LappingRivalsHot Wheels 1960s Driver Gear

Nov. 16 - 30Going for a LoopMultiplayer120,000 credits

Nov. 16 - 30Spitting FlamesLapsHot Wheels 1970s Driver Gear

Nov. 30 - Dec. 7HotWheeling ItDriftHot Wheels 1980s Driver Gear

Dec. 7 - 14Bringing It HomeRacesHot Wheels 1990s Driver Gear

November Hot Wheels Rivals Events

DatesEvent NameNotes

Nov. 6 - 12Hot Wheels Rivals - Twin MillsTwin Mills on Maple Valley

Nov. 13 - 19Hot Wheels Rivals - Piping PistonsPI Event - Any Hot Wheels

Nov. 20 - 26Hot Wheels Rivals - Fire TiresDrift Event

Nov. 27 - Dec. 3Hot Wheels Rivals - Cool ConesAutocross

Dec. 3 - 10Hot Wheels Rivals - Water Works05 Ford Mustang @ Silverstone GP in the rain

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360002061708-November-6-2018

Dp9HnL2.gif