Forza Motorsport 7 - join the weekly time trial!

Yoshimax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope it’s a proper campaign expansion and not just new tracks, and it would be great if it’s a case the expansion is available just after it’s announced. I’ve been playing loads of GT Sport since finishing the Forza 7 base game but GT’s focus on multiplayer means more Forza 7 would be really welcome! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2018 at 08:30, Boozy The Clown said:

Yay! Rivals, now "Time attack" coming back properly by the sound of that :omg:

Been very neglectful of Forza recently. Looks like I shall have to get back involved now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the pauper version of this in the xbox sale for £24, no chance of a quick game before I went to bed last night what with it being a 69gb download! Looking forward to having a play tonight though, do the loot boxes get in the way much? I remember there being a bit of a hoohaa about them at launch.

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Just bought the pauper version of this in the xbox sale for £24, no chance of a quick game before I went to bed last night what with it being a 69gb download! Looking forward to having a play tonight though, do the loot boxes get in the way much? I remember there being a bit of a hoohaa about them at launch.

No. The only reason there's a hoohaa about Forza lootboxes is because it's a Microsoft game. They're not much more than a randomised car prize that turns up every two or three races, and you've usually got enough cash from races / Forza Hub to buy whatever you want anyway.

On 28/05/2018 at 20:22, Meatball said:

Been very neglectful of Forza recently. Looks like I shall have to get back involved now.

Same here, not played this regularly for a long time. Still got a hell of a lot of races to win.

Has any of that new stuff in the video been rolled out yet?  

Nice that car pass owners are getting another 2 packs added, wasn't expecting that.

I've mostly been playing GT Sport but went back to Forza 7 for the new Forzathon events and I suddenly remembered why I stopped playing. I'm on an original XBox One and My Garage is so still awful as has been for me since the game launched with taking forever to browse cars and the menu stalling when I use the right bumper to scroll faster. Every other Forza game I have played does not have this problem but this has had it since launch and makes changing cars a complete pain in the ass.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Ultimate Edition is reduced to £32 on Amazon right now, so I've decided to take the plunge. Waiting for it to download now. Quite excited to see how this compares to the previous games.

Other than car packs, have there been any expansions? Are there likely to be any?

Not yet and possibly a long way off. They've been adding stuff that was missing/needed fixing on a monthly basis.

They have drag racing and drift racing overhauls in the pipeline along with the proper return of rivals/time attack planned in the coming months.

The main differences between 6 and 7 are the addition of Mugello, Maple Valley, Suzuka and the new Dubai track. They've added a more dynamic version of night and rain to some tracks.

That's underselling it a little bit as the new weather is frankly amazing. I love the rain and dawn/dusk variations. Every track seems different everytime I've played it.

I've only had four races, but so far so good. I always find the pointless races at the start of Forza games a bit annoying, so having three of them wasn't great for me.

Not sure about the loot boxes just yet either. I never really bothered with the mods in 6. I might use the extra xp ones, but that's about it. I already have probably more money than I need - Forza Rewards has given me something like three and a half million credits.

I could possibly do with more Xbox friends for drivatars - I only ever seem to be racing against TheStu, MultiClunk and Dudley. Any volunteers?

Speaking of which, is there a "beat your friends time" thing in this?

Have played this for a few hours now. It's just more of the same, but every so slightly different, isn't it? If you started with the original on Xbox and worked your way through, you'd essentially be playing the same game over and over, just with better graphics each time, different cars and tracks and a few new game mechanics thrown in. The series has never deviated from the original formula too far, despite there being seven incarnations now.

And I love them all.

Turn 10 clearly know what has made the series popular and are sticking with that. Where Gran Turismo has, IMO, wandered off into a self indulgent vanity piece for the developer that peaked maybe three games into the series, Forza has stuck to its roots and just tried to get a bit better each time. 

I imagine I'll start to find fault as I go further in and I'm thinking that maybe the Ultimate Edition has given me too much stuff from the get go, and Forza Rewards has essentially broken the economy for me (I started the game with 3.4 million credits, so cash rewards are pretty meaningless right now), but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

Try out all the wet and night scenarios in free play. I reccommend you increase race length to long in career (last option in difficulty settings) Makes races 15-20 minutes each and far more involving.

Also race without the driving line and figure out braking points by watching your opponents and taking visual cues from the track. There's usually a cone or kerb you can associate with the approx point for slowing down. It makes it all immensely satisfying when you feel you got it right.

I definitely lean on the driving line a touch to get around the course quickly. I may drop it to braking only and see how I go.

The Forzathon I looked at yesterday included one the involved driving round Bathurst, but I couldn't find it in free play. Was I just being blind or what?