rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
ca18s13

Shantae Half Genie Hero

It's published by XSEED in US so I've got a physical Vita copy ordered.

I just played my first Shantae game, Riskys Revenge, last week and absolutely loved it. Really looking forward to this too.

Played both Shantae and Pirate's Curse recently, they're both ace. Risky's Revenge is the DSiWare one, isn't it?

Yep it is. Been enjoying all three on 3DS a lot and had no idea Half Genie Hero was coming to PS4, assumed it was a WiiU exclusive for some reason.

Just downloaded my backers copy. It looks nice and crisp on the Vita screen and so far runs smoothly as well although I do with I'd got the PS4 version instead, the other Shantae games look great on the big screen.

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

Maybe it's a digital only release over here? I'll probably order the ps4 version from Amazon in that case. I couldn't put down Pirates curse on the 3ds. I 100% in about a week.

Havent imported a game for ages. Am i better off going with Play-Asia or Amazon or is that not much difference?

Can't help with that one, I think i'd go Amazon just because they're bigger and would probably have better service, not sure if Play-Asia might get it to you quicker though.

I'd say the only difference would be cost. Speed would be dependent on the type of postage you choose. Amazon make you pay import duty up front. Depending how play-asia mark the contents cost on the packaging, you could possibly get off with not paying. I only have limited experience with both, but I wouldn't rate one over the other for service.

Ordered from Amazon. Will probably arrive next year but i can wait. Went for the PS4 version. £35.22 with shipping and custom fees. Not too bad. Basically £10 for shipping and fees.

• Upvote 1

Anyone played/clocked this yet? My copy is arriving on the 9th January.

A minor gripe about Amazon USA. I ordered it 13th December but they have shipped it on the 24th December. Release date was 20th. I hope our American friends didn't get the same treatment. I ordered Pokemon Sun from Amazon UK and received it a day early :/

My copy arrived and it's in a nice box with a soundtrack. Only played 30 minutes but i have defeated the first box and the only way to describe this game is it feels like the previous games but with a lot more polish. Great dialogue as always and it looks great in HD. Only 5 worlds so might not be too long but i know it will be pure entertainment all the way through. Am i playing this on my own? :mellow:

IMG_5325.JPG

• Upvote 2

Playing the last Shantae game on the Wii U made me realise I was wasting my time playing the Master System Wonderboy games because Shantae did it better. A lot better....

3 minutes ago, moora said:

Playing the last Shantae game on the Wii U made me realise I was wasting my time playing the Master System Wonderboy games because Shantae did it better. A lot better....

Well, they are nearly 20-30 years apart...

Hmm. I forgot this was coming out, was a Kickstarter I was tempted by but ultimately didn't bother. Fuck it *buys on Steam*

And I'm playi9ng the first level now and HOLY FUCK THAT MUSIC! 

Also SHANTAE IS A 2D PLATFORM CHARACTER WHO CAN SWIM. GOTY.

And I just played this for 4 hours straight...fucking hell. I also just bought the soundtrack. The music is fucking amazing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

And donkey Kong. And sonic, too. Have you never played a 2d platformer before, @Lothar Hex :lol:

Which 2D Sonic game can Sonic swim in?

3 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

And donkey Kong. And sonic, too. Have you never played a 2d platformer before, @Lothar Hex :lol:

It was an attempt at humour as most 2d games have your guy die if he gets a toe wet.

18 minutes ago, Lothar Hex said:

It was an attempt at humour as most 2d games have your guy die if he gets a toe wet.

I know - it's often a massive frustration!

Thanks a lot guys, I thought I was done spending money on Steam, but then I read this thread <_<.

And just completed it 100% on a first playthrough...I think thats the first time I've ever done that in a game for over a decade.

• Upvote 1

Loving this game! hoping to sink a few more hours into it tonight. I find the difficulty just right too. It's not too easy and i have died a few times on the second level! I like the variety in the levels too.

Spoiler

The sliding level when you jump over the barrels and the hoops with the mermaids on were nice ideas that i haven't seen in a Shantae game before.

• Upvote 1

Found out I owned Risky's Revenge on Steam from a bundle, so I bought Pirate's Curse as well. Gonna be playing through those soon.

Seriously, I had heard of the series before, but never bothered with it, but this game turned me into a fan. Fucking fantastic. Thanks for reminding me about it @jatpool