rllmuk
JohnC

Legion - X-Men TV spin-off

Finished this.  It carried on looking great but as most other people have said it meandered and really felt like it had got a bit too caught up in terms of it's own hype and less would have been more.  I don't mind things being left unexplained as is pretty common in Legion, but if done badly it ends up feeling like nonsense for the sake of it.

I also don't know understand why it seems in deciding David is bad, they also seem to have decided Farouk is fine to be let go.  That was sort of weird.

Still a series of David and Lenny being a pain in the ass could be fun.

Great news - if it's coming to a definite end then hopefully it will tie off a lot of the threads, rather than endlessly creating more and leaving them all hanging as in season 2. It might even make sense!

This makes it sound like I don't like it, I do, I'd just like to understand it a bit more.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I managed to lose track of this during S2. Will have to see if it’s on catch-up to give it another go. 

I need to to hide my phone and iPad before watching it this time - it’s one of those shows that needs my full undistracted attention.

• Upvote 1

My first post in this thread. 

Legion is the best thing on TV that no-one seems to be watching. 

This week's episode (S3 S4) was sublime. 

Spoiler

Time eating Blue Meanies. 

That bit from The Shield(?).

Amazing stuff. 

• Upvote 5

This season is more crackers than the first two combined. Nothing else like it. I also loved the (Ep4)

Spoiler

Blue Meanies as the time demons.

Who the hell came up with that? Amazing.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jonamok said:

This season is more crackers than the first two combined. Nothing else like it. I also loved the (Ep4)

Hide contents

Blue Meanies as the time demons.

Who the hell came up with that? Amazing.

Spoiler

That bit after the ad break when it showed a couple of minutes from The Shield and the time looped. 

I love how the show does things like this, as time is getting eaten we'll disorientate you the audience as much as the characters. 

This season is probably the best so far. 

Spoiler

The time travel corridor, so good

• Upvote 1

Just got round to catching up with season three. Absolutely fantastic stuff. Season 2 largely lost me, and I struggled to follow the plot (probably down to my own lack of attention), but back to loving it now.

Really want to go back and watch season 1 & 2 again now.

• Upvote 1

I’ve just this evening caught up and yes, this series is quite brilliant. I think I love every single thing about it except “now leaving atmospheric shield” or whatever it was. I know I shouldn’t be complaining when a show this surreal gets science wrong, but, y’know.

Well, that was excellent. Lovely ending, and a great nod to Floyd to boot (on top of having a main character called Syd Barrett of course). Wonder how much they had to pay for the rights to ‘Mother’?

• Upvote 5

All I can say is it was much more enjoyable than season 2, but not a patch on season 1.

...it ran its course and didn't outstay its welcome.

Just watched the last two episodes. That was quite brilliant. And it all made sense, sort of. I’m not convinced the logic holds up completely (Farouk’s motivation at the end seemed quite different to when he was storming David’s complex with Sydney) but what a ride. More like that please.

• Upvote 1