rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Legion - X-Men TV spin-off

That was just superb, absolutely in awe of how good that was, up there with the Red Wedding and Battle of the Bastards as my favourite bit of TV ever. 

I have the Enceladus poster that pops up a lot in this

It's by invisible creatures and is one of three made for NASA

I agree that episode was superb

The Bolero remix was apparently by Jeff Russo. No doubt somebody will copyright claim this before long, but at the moment you can find it here:

• Upvote 3

Watched it this morning and it was pretty great

Spoiler

Not sure who the post credits bits was about but my immediate thought was Forge

Im not sure why but my first thought was

Spoiler

2657747-mojo_annihilators_earthfall_1.jp

Spoiler

For not sure what's real and what isn't fun

4 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

Watched it this morning and it was pretty great

Hide contents

Not sure who the post credits bits was about but my immediate thought was Forge

I just assumed:

Spoiler

That it was something D3 sent, given that they did say they were deploying something.

4 hours ago, Harsin said:

Next season's antagonist revealed.

Hide contents

1a28093b-3d00-4bec-993b-788a3002c2ef.jpg

Hah, I thought the same thing.  Just seemed weird, but it hasn't jumped the shark because...

Spoiler

This is a Marvel property.. it could easily be explained, and actually can make sense within that universe.

They could simply suggest at some point that the technology is stolen tech from Pym Technologies, who are known for shrinking down objects and persons by minimizing the space between atoms.

This doesn't mean it's tied to the MCU, of course.. but they could make the reference without having to introduce Hank Pym or someone into the universe, if they say it has been stolen.

Just seen the finale and this show is alright! (it's brilliant). I loved that opening too, completely out of left field. Well maybe not so much in the context of the show itself but ya' know what I mean. 

Not quite up to the standard of the rest of the series (just lacked the psychological playfulness), but fantastic telly nonetheless. 

And yes, don't miss the mid-credits scene. Rather crucial from a plot perspective going forward I imagine.

• Upvote 1

This was just a great ending to an amazing series. Interested to see the next series especially given the post-credit scene. Also;

Jemaine and Aubrey ROADTRIP! That's a series all on it's own that I'd pay to see 

:D 

• Upvote 3

I just marathoned this during our wet weekend and loved it.

Honestly I was put off because of the X-Men link. I thought it was going to be like one of those awful Netflix Marvel shows, but it's almost entirely self-contained and doesn't care in the slightest - I think they mention "mutant" maybe twice in the show. But yeah, scary, funny, off the wall, never boring. Amazing cinematography and great musical sequences. I thought the Fargo series were alright, but think this is by the far the strongest thing the guy has done.

• Upvote 2

Discovered this just last week and finished episode seven last night. This is just brilliant. It shows up the Netflix Marvel offerings, which I've actually quite enjoyed on the whole, to be the utterly pedestrian, super-safe and by the numbers shows that they are.

What with this and Logan, there's a mini mutant renaissance going on.

• Upvote 3

One of my boys and I watched this over the last week or so. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Hands down the best Marvel related thing ever.

I didn't know it was Marvel or X-Men when it started. Towards the end of the first episode when it was slipping between memory and reality I said "it's turned into the Matrix." Then during the rescue at the end I said "now it's turned into the X-Men." Then the title appeared with the X in the O and my tiny mind was blown!

• Upvote 4

Well that was some opener.

Spoiler

Guardians of the Galaxy promised a dance-off in its finale but chickened out. Not so in Legion.

I was quite taken by the use of physical theatre last season in quite a few episodes and its nice to see that continued here.

• Upvote 1

I bloody love this show. If 5% of TV was 5% as meticulous as Legion, TV would be unrecognisable. 

I have one question though - I can't quite remember how Lenny works.

Spoiler

Real Lenny died in s01e01, and the Lenny we see constantly torments David throughout S1 is a fabrication of the shadow king. 

The shadow king is now comfortably residing inside Oliver's body, and Oliver's conciousness is trapped deep inside the shadow king. So why's Lenny there too? What purpose does she serve beyond antagonising David - why does shadow king keep having conversations with her if he's just talking with himself? Why's he presenting her likeness to Oliver's consciousness if Oliver doesn't know who she is? I was following it all pretty intuitively (if not rationally) last series but I've sort of forgotten what the deal is there. Can anyone help? :)

• Upvote 1

In the comics David takes the personalities of people who've died near him into his own mental landscape - so they might be doing a riff on that with Lenny's personality too?

I think Lenny is an aspect of TSK that was unique to David, but is still existing with Oliver because David and TSK are still deeply entwined psychically which is why Lenny is still around. I also think TSK is deeply fractured with multiple facets working independently (it's strongly hinted the bald guy David was following in the club is Farouk, as was the guy sipping tea/coffee in the room overlooking the Eiffel Tower and to some extent, Lenny.

I think the warnings of doom about TSK becoming invincible if he gets his body are more to do with putting his mind back together, but I'm fully expecting to be wrong because the whole show is topsy-turvey. 

Is there anywhere legit I can watch season 1 other than paying for it on Amazon?  It fell off the Virgin catch-up service just as I started watching it.

The point about Lenny occurred to me too. She was a manifestation of Davids consciousness, someone who's face he could relate to. She would be completely irrelevant to Oliver as he'd never even met her. I think they just did it so Aubrey Plaza could stay in the role which is fair enough! 

Great opening episode.

Season one is one of my favourite seasons of anything, but the first episode of season two really seemed a little too crazy for my liking. Hopefully it will settle into a clearer narrative.

I love how inventive and mental this show is, from the first episode it's impossible to follow like a traditional narrative. Its more like watching an art installation.

• Upvote 1

So did anybody else notice the reveal with Lenny in episode 2?That kinda turns things on its head a bit!    * Whoever just gave me that second neg is a tardo who clearly just copied the first person without thinking! I deleted the first comment and replaced it with something completely different. Nice one tardo! Lmfao *

• Downvote 5