rllmuk
JohnC

Legion - X-Men TV spin-off

1 hour ago, BruceBruce said:

He can manifest a psychic projection on a video feed?

I think that was something different. If you watch that scene, all the video feeds before we get to that screen are just normal film. But on the screen where we see the monster, the feed has a negative, kind of night vision mode to it. So I'm guessing that camera isn't actually filming the real world, but looking into the astral plane or something.

2 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

I think that was something different. If you watch that scene, all the video feeds before we get to that screen are just normal film. But on the screen where we see the monster, the feed has a negative, kind of night vision mode to it. So I'm guessing that camera isn't actually filming the real world, but looking into the astral plane or something.

Or it was dark and they were night vision cameras. :lol:

Spoiler

We know that people can have powers that allow their bodies to split into multiple people physically (look at the scientist guy who can split into a woman), and in the X-Men universe there are also powers that let people change appearance (such as Mystique).  So perhaps he has more than just psychic and telekinetic abilities, and each one of these personalities can manifest physically, altering physical appearance in some instances, and changing his powers.

Aaaaagh! Every episode I think I've just about figured out what's going on then BAM, right turn.

This is great, and Sydney has a lovely bottom.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Death's Head said:

In the comics I believe Legion could shapeshift to a degree, but frankly in this series I don't think we've yet been given a clue as to what's real and what isn't.

Scenes in his mind are letterboxed, at least. Can't remember if that's just astral plane scenes, or also unreliable memories.

The womam that lives in the tech guy is a terrible, terrible actor.

I don't think Sydney is that great either, I think she is a bit flat.

Most of the casting is great but those two stand out to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 10/03/2017 at 17:53, Darwock said:

It's definitely pushing boundaries - that whole segment with no sound whatsoever was just fantastically done. I'm surprised they attempted it.

Not to take away from Legion at all (which I think is something quite special indeed!) but Buffy did it 18 years ago.

And silent cinema of course :lol:

so regarding the time frame this is set in...

So whilst he was going through his session, Ptonomy started describing how his mother died.. how he was was living in Germany as his father was based there at the time and how his mum was loading dishes into the dishwasher... he was sat on the floor and 99 luftballoons was playing on the radio...

99 Luftballoons was written by Nena in 1982 and released in 1983....

If he's a kid then he's at least 25+ in the show,... so that would at least mark the timezone as being around the Millennium at the earliest...

That was very good, but not as great as the other eps. Fascinated to see where it goes. Such refreshing telly.

Also, only just realised that her name is Syd Barret. Lol, that explains a lot.

Re. the time frame.  It deliberately uses fashions, tech and designs from every era from the fifties onward, to keep you disorientated. Especially by omitting mobile phones.  

Love the show, but then I love odd, non-linear stuff that sometimes missteps as it's trying something a bit new (Westworld and Mr. Robot especially).

On 16/03/2017 at 12:27, Moz said:

Not to take away from Legion at all (which I think is something quite special indeed!) but Buffy did it 18 years ago.

And silent cinema of course :lol:

Hush is a fucking masterpiece of an episode so for anything to come close is praise ;) 

• Upvote 1

This is a bit hit and miss. When it's good it's obtusely excellent, when it's bad it drags on remorselessly. You can see were the storyline is going but this week's episode was just filler. 

On 17/03/2017 at 18:18, Cras said:

Hush is a fucking masterpiece of an episode so for anything to come close is praise ;) 

Amen brother :)

This is the best X-Men thing ever; it's stylish, well acted, well written and more faithful to the source material than anything else released from the X-Verse so far. Episode 7 is just amazing. Only one more to go for this season :(

• Upvote 1

Now just wait a minute....

Spoiler

She said she was gonna send her husband an e-mail?

Am I the only person who thought this show took place in the 1960s or something?!  I guess I completely ignored any sort of modern technology in the show.

I think someone said earlier RE date:

that the timelines are a little off and everything's weirdly stylised to give an idea of David as the unreliable narrator. It all gets weirdly pieced together which is why you have everyone wearing 60's/70's clothes and sending emails and that.

Another hugely interesting, impressive thing this show does on a stylistic level. 

1 hour ago, Comrade said:

It's clearly set in a fantasy world of no clear date.

Like bitter toad says, it's got a date and they keep chucking in these modern references (Email, 99 red balloons)  to make you think it's all messed up, but he point is

you;re supposed to be guessing whats real and whats not

7 hours ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

Like bitter toad says, it's got a date and they keep chucking in these modern references (Email, 99 red balloons)  to make you think it's all messed up, but he point is

Reveal hidden contents

you;re supposed to be guessing whats real and whats not

It's not got a date. It's like Batman: The Animated Series, which is all 1940s cars and fashion and architecture, but then there are computers and jet planes and robots when they fancy them. It's a fantasy.

Was that rendition of Bolero composed just for this show? It was awesome! In fact are there any soundtrack details to be had as the music is awesome in most episodes.