rllmuk
JohnC

Legion - X-Men TV spin-off

On 18/02/2017 at 12:42, Delargey said:

I really like the use of colour in this. There seems something a rich red colour when David uses his powers.

The whole setup is a really cool, creepy Kubrick esque direction/colour palette. Can't believe more people aren't talking about this, definitely my TV pick at the mo'.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

That was superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the 2nd episode had me worried that the show wouldn't be able to maintain momentum, but episode 3 really brought me back into it.

Sent from my mind using mutant powers

• Upvote 2

Jesus this is weird and wonderful. Not as strong as the first three, but still marvellous telly. And Jermaine Clement was amazing as always. A week is a long time. 

They were NOT prepared.. :blink:

Soooo.. (comic readers..) The yellow eyed 'demon'

Spoiler

..given the dog's name.. Shadow King?

(The look is reminiscent of Mojo - but I'm having trouble seeing them them going straight to 'alien, reality TV producer' for their antagonist..)

Yeah, I think it's confirmed already.

Anyway, this is the most intriguing and enjoyable TV for me since the first series of Hannibal. I can't wait to see how it plays out, but I'm not sure if we'll get a series two as the ratings are quite low even for an FX new series (dipped to 750K from 1.62M). If it gets cancelled it'd be a real shame imo.

I think people were probably tuning it thinking this was going to be a Flash/Arrow/MAOS type affair, rather than something that actually makes you think and isn't afraid to be unconventional.

I think it's bloomin' excellent and easily the best TV 'super hero' fair.

It's definitely pushing boundaries - that whole segment with no sound whatsoever was just fantastically done. I'm surprised they attempted it. Massive Twin Peaks influence on display, which is not a complaint.

3 hours ago, jonamok said:

Utterly brilliant. I even enjoyed Weeble-Peter-Kaye chasing her round the bedroom.

absorbaloff2.gif.4709dea2b88e311e291398c988239229.gif

This programme is great - it throws new tricks at you every episode. It just feels like a writer and a team having a lot of fun. I love how theatrical the whole thing is as well - there's lots of physical theatre, like Lenny leading Syd around by a lead toward the end. It's peppered throughout, though, and there's lots of emphasis on the differing physicalities of the characters themselves.

So something I'm confused about...

Spoiler

Can he physically morph into that woman or blob thing in his mind?  Cause the others could actually see them, via the video feed and even in person with Lenny.

17 hours ago, Jonnysaxc said:

OK I'm confused , EP 4

Hide contents

When the three are looking for him and visit the psychiatrists funny lighthouse type house,is this real or in the memory world?

What I didn't understand was how that estate agent had a digital photo frame. 

It's not the 60s. It's more-or-less present day (not sure they ever mentioned an exact year). They've just gone with an unusual aesthetic.

It's apparently to do with David being an unreliable narrator. We're seeing the world from his distorted point of view rather than how it really is. Hawley said something about him piecing his experience of the world together from a lot of nostalgia and other stuff from his memories.

• Upvote 2