rllmuk
JohnC

Legion - X-Men TV spin-off

Noah Hawley, behind the excellent Fargo, is bringing this to TV. Apparently it's being kept separate from the X-Men movies. Stars Dan Stevens as David Haller, who hears voices in his head and resides in a psychiatric hospital. But he may actually be a powerful mutant (which I assume means he really is). Begins in the US on 8 February. No UK news yet.

• Upvote 1

Maybe they can do a nod to the old look, like in the Luke Cage series. Have him fall head first in some surgical glue, then a orderly's broom gets stuck on his bonce, hilarity ensues for the nerds etc.

It certainly was. How are they going to maintain that style for the rest of the season? I suspect they won't, and it'll become more "normal". But a very wacky, weird, enjoyable first episode.

Holy shit, that was absolutely stellar. They've set the bar very, very high. 

I've little time for Marvel / superhero stuff but the first episode of this is superb. 

I didn't even know this was X-Men related until I watched it and they mentioned mutants.  it seems fun.  I have a theory about it...

Spoiler

When he was in the mental hospital, I don't think the other individuals he interacted with were actually there.  I think those might be other personalities in his own mind.  He does seem to have some sort of mental issue.  And since it's X-Men related, maybe each time his personality changes, it's associated with a different power.

Edit: Just googled the comic book character.. okay, that's probably what it is. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really enjoyed the first episode.  The disjointed experience of the main character made if fun to follow.  They can't sustain that for the series I'd have thought, so have to see how it develops.

Episode 2 was never going to live up to the first one. Nonetheless although it was still quite trippy it was a bit more conventional. Felt like a bit of a filler episode that dragged a little. I'm sort of disappointed as they had set the bar so high. 

I thought the second episode was an improvement. I was glad to see it was just as trippy and didn't just turn into Mutant X or something formulaic. But I think the shorter run time kept it a bit tighter and all the confusion blended into one another nicer.