IGNORED

WipEout Omega Collection - VR Update out now

TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

Just about to post that, fantastic work. Even without the comparison and on my 720p tv, you can see the big differences to even the old PS3 content. The Vita content is worth it for the strong and stable frame rate alone. 

8 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Just about to post that, fantastic work. Even without the comparison and on my 720p tv, you can see the big differences to even the old PS3 content. The Vita content is worth it for the strong and stable frame rate alone. 

Wipeout omega at 720p? Might be better sticking your RF cable in Naks..... lol

Ok so at 45 and having been somewhat anti PlayStation back in the day (dear Saturn, I defended / promoted you as best I could) I've as yet never played wipeout!! 

Anyway With age comes understanding and forgiveness hence and I've got a copy coming today. Any basics that I really need to know other than I missed out on a gaming great and that I need to crank the volume up?? 

womble9 You don't really need guidance but I would recommend starting with Wipeout HD, I like the introductory areas and its focus on time trials and speed laps, allows you to learn the tracks. Fury is fun and challenging in a very different way, actually very different from other Wipeouts. Utilise Racebox to set up a time trial or zone mode on tracks you're not comfortable or don't click with and it'll help you improve. Other then that headphones on and get decently close to the TV to soak up the beauty.

This is a really lovely physical edition. Really happy I went for it over digital. The sleeve is just cardboard but it's great. I love the embossed PlayStation down the side. Even the case underneath is brilliant.

2L99Iie.jpg

Also the game has a Region 2 logo on the back which is slightly odd, as I thought PS4 games were region free?

Oh and I don't seem to have got the themes they promised. Are they in game or via a code or something?

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

Ok so at 45 and having been somewhat anti PlayStation back in the day (dear Saturn, I defended / promoted you as best I could) I've as yet never played wipeout!! 

Real Saturn fans bought the Saturn version of Wipeout! Still, better late than never. 

Finally managed to sit down with this this morning. It's all coming back. I'm pretty rubbish at games generally and whilst I wouldn't say I was really good at this I can still compete at Skilled on a good deal of events in HD and Fury. It just feels so good to play.

13 hours ago, deerokus said:

DF comparison to the previous versions. Really highlights what a big improvement this is over those, lots of work done. Puts most remasters to shame. 

I've still got Fury on my PS3. Think I'm going to boot it up later and compare the too, because he's right, Omega collection is what I seem to remember that looking like!

And 2048 was a triumph. Handheld launch game, people!

Not much more I can add to this thread, just moved house so game arrived in post yesterday along with new tv so spend a good part of yesterday and today being blown away with it.  Never had a PS3 or Vita so all the tracks are new for me.  

Been sending out a few PSN requests today, if anyone wants to see my pathetic times my PSN name is "goramsgloves"

I got negged for this once already but it is a genuine concern of mine, so I'm going to risk another negging:

Are the trophies in any way less brutal than they were for the original Wipeout HD? I got the platinum for that but was punching waaay above my weight and I think I was weeping tears of blood by the end of it. Back then I didn't have a family, so allowed myself to commit a lot more time to the endeavour than I would be able to do now.

I really HATE having unfinished trophy lists on my profile. Much as I would love to play this, the thought of how hard it will be is putting me off. I kind of wish trophies didn't exist. I suppose one option is to only ever play it on my alt account, but I'll still be compelled to go after the trophies and then if I actually get close I'll be kicking myself for not doing it on my main.

Played a couple of hours and is superb. 2048 is a big upgrade over the vita and no more framerate issues.

Great value for money

Dissapointed that they didnt add stereoscopic 3d support like the ps3 versions as ps4 would be perfect getting it to run at 60fps in 3d as ps3 version only managed 30fps. Any chance of a upddate later down the line please :D