IGNORED

WipEout Omega Collection - VR Update out now

TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

Oh man this is awesome! I was struggling a bit with the airbrakes but I've turned the sensitivity of them down to 80% and I seem to be doing better. What's everyone else set it at? Also I'm only using the pad for barrel rolls, the sticks are lovely for controlling :)

2 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Is that the same on Fury/HD/and 2048?  I am sure it used to be as soon as 3 appeared on the electronic board, my mind could be playing tricks though.

Pretty sure it was the same on those games.

23 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

Silly question, but is 4k enabled automatically if played on a Pro and 4k tv? I turned motion blur off but cant see any mention of being able to adjust the resolution.

The motion blur setting just determines whether you get native 4K or checkerboard 4K. You need to check your display resolution in system settings if you're unsure about whether you're getting a 4K image or not.

Jesus just played a few races before I went out

This is beautiful, I wanna see this on a 4k tv and ps4 pro

The tracks flow beautifully and I like the risk reward of some of the shortcuts 

Can't wait to get properly stuck into this it's bloody brilliant 

18 hours ago, nakamura said:

I don't want to ask tons of question, just one actually. 

Does the equaliser in Zone mode still work he same and is it compatible with media player? (Two Q's?)

Amazing package. Please press your bosses for PS1 content. 

The EQ display on Zone still works, but only works with the in-game music.. Sadly there's no system way of "deeply integrating" user music into a game any more. 

You can play the game using the media player, or Spotify.. (Spotify would be my preference cos you can have the app open on your phone and skip track / etc on that)

18 hours ago, Yuujiin said:

@Strangelitecan you say to the peeps in suits 2097 needs to be DLC for this thanks . Imagine what would look like nowadays with that engine .

16 hours ago, suzzopher said:

As others have said @Strangelite speak to Sony and see if they'll green light at least some 2097 dlc. 

And then some Wip3out.

Have you guys seen those tracks lately?!?!? ;) That would be a tonne of work, 

[Honestly not loaded question] Would you guys prefer recreations or exactly how they were?

http://phoboslab.org/wipeout/

14 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

One question. How do clear the on-screen text when you take s picture? Not the camera controls, the remainder. 

This one has been causing some confusion: it depends on if you have the share button "flipped" - but to take an actual picture, you need to press the Share button.. and it'll save out an image with no text or overlays.

We're probably going to change this to be more clear in a patch soon. :)

Keep the PS1 tracks looking the same artistically! Although no idea how much work it is, but I do know I have cash waiting. 

Regarding the EQ, that's annoying tbh. It was my favourite thing about the PS3 game. I appreciate it isn't down to you as a dev team, more that Sony blocked proper in game OST integration. 

@Strangelite All tracks in mix and match mode please. ;) And I'd say recreations. Unless you would be able to just pop those old tracks in and everything would work from the get go. Racing on 32-bit tracks with HD-vehicles would have a certain kind of charm after all. :)

2 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

This one has been causing some confusion: it depends on if you have the share button "flipped" - but to take an actual picture, you need to press the Share button.. and it'll save out an image with no text or overlays.

We're probably going to change this to be more clear in a patch soon. :)

Not sure what you mean by 'flipped'. Took a few pics last night and I'm sure the text remained, must have been doing it wrong.

Great camera controls in the photo editor though - switching to dolly mode with square works really well, wish more games did this. 

1 minute ago, nakamura said:

Regarding the EQ, that's annoying tbh. It was my favourite thing about the PS3 game. I appreciate it isn't down to you as a dev team, more that Sony blocked proper in game OST integration. 

Well, it was the least favourite part of the QA department back then. *cough*

Just now, Cyhwuhx said:

@Strangelite All tracks in mix and match mode please. ;) And I'd say recreations. Unless you would be able to just pop those old tracks in and everything would work from the get go. Racing on 32-bit tracks with HD-vehicles would have a certain kind of charm after all. :)

It'd be quite cool if you could press a button and have both wouldn't it? - like those other remasters you've played.. erm... i forget which game now... Full Throttle I guess?

3 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Suspect the tracks and ships are tuned for each other so it's maybe not that easy?

Another vote for just keeping the original courses as is. Nostalgia will do the rest. 

11 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

[Honestly not loaded question] Would you guys prefer recreations or exactly how they were?

Recreations in the Wipeout Omega style would be ace, but I honestly think those tracks look great as they are, in higher res at 60fps. I'd be perfectly happy with some kind of retro-themed bonus mode. That said, I admit there is a nostalgic component to this opinion - but Phenitia Park and Talon's Reach in particular still look fantastic.

Massive congratulations on Omega by the way, it's an absolutely glorious game.

3 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

It'd be quite cool if you could press a button and have both wouldn't it? - like those other remasters you've played.. erm... i forget which game now... Full Throttle I guess?

Grim Fandango and the Halo collection also had such swapperoos going on. Would be very sweet for photo mode as well! (Also a bit of a pipe dream, I guess...)

Really hope this title is doing well for you. It deserves to for everyone involved, both old and new.

1 minute ago, petrolgirls said:

Not sure what you mean by 'flipped'. Took a few pics last night and I'm sure the text remained, must have been doing it wrong.

Great camera controls in the photo editor though - switching to dolly mode with square works really well, wish more games did this. 

Sorry, I decided to use a completely random term:

In [SETTINGS] > [Sharing and Broadcasts] = SHARE button control Type = Standard

if you have it in "Easy Mode" - then you'll need to Press and Hold Share to make the menu pop up (and actually take a screenshot)

if you have it in "Standard" then you just need to press the Share button and it'll pop up the menu...

19 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

The EQ display on Zone still works, but only works with the in-game music.. Sadly there's no system way of "deeply integrating" user music into a game any more. 

You can play the game using the media player, or Spotify.. (Spotify would be my preference cos you can have the app open on your phone and skip track / etc on that)

Thanks for that link.  Actually those all still look pretty nice, did the originals run at that speed?  No wonder I loved that game if they did, silky smooth even back then!

Surprised how delighted I am with this as I had 2048 and the dlc on Vita. The extra polish and sparkle (and 60fps and a proper controller) on this makes all the difference though, feels like a new, brilliant game. Sort of thing I dreamt about in the 90s.

@Strangelite Is there a possibility to add an option for ship sound effects in a future patch? From reading comments on the web it looks like i'm in the minority but personally much prefer the subtle sonic booms and zooms from HD/ Fury over the pod racer effects in Omega. Would love to have the option to switch back. 

6 hours ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Ha i was a big clubber and had a couple year stint working at Pysgnosis so WipEout is close to my heart . WipEout was even in Cream nights near the cloakroom, playing that while twisted was always a test but I'd played it so much muscle memory just took over. 

Yes I was going to Cream around then too. Liverpool had a bit of a renaissance around the time of WipEout, some of the older clubs I'd went to years earlier having a bit of a comeback, The State, 051, Nation becoming Cream, it was a little bit different to a few years earlier, what with a prevalence for booze and marching powder instead of water and ahem, Doves etc but still had some fantastic nights. I also went for a game testing job at Pysignosis. Had me trying to find the bugs in a monster truck game. Didn't get the call lol.