TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

WipEout Omega Collection - VR Update out now

Played a couple of hours and is superb. 2048 is a big upgrade over the vita and no more framerate issues.

Great value for money

Dissapointed that they didnt add stereoscopic 3d support like the ps3 versions as ps4 would be perfect getting it to run at 60fps in 3d as ps3 version only managed 30fps. Any chance of a upddate later down the line please :D

The only issues I have with the game are the previously mentioned lack of proper music integration for the Zone equaliser, and that stupid Asian woman's sounding voice when she says "shield active".

My PSN is volkte37 I think.

42 minutes ago, DC07 said:

One of the Trophies is for winning a race with pilot assist on. Don't want it. That's not a Trophy, that's a badge of shame.

:lol:

The game should apply a blue badge to whatever craft is being used with PA switched on.

Wow that DF video is a real eye opener. I knew Omega was a step up in all areas but as someone else said, I remember the PS3 game looking closer to Omega than it really does. I was only playing it a week or two ago. Just fired it up flicking between hdmi ports to compare and the difference is quite pronounced. Anyway time for an afternoon of Anti Gravity racing, big beats and a bottle of beer.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nakamura said:

The only issues I have with the game are the previously mentioned lack of proper music integration for the Zone equaliser, and that stupid Asian woman's sounding voice when she says "shield active".

My PSN is volkte37 I think.

I thought she was Russian :lol:

8 hours ago, Darwock said:

I got negged for this once already but it is a genuine concern of mine, so I'm going to risk another negging:

Are the trophies in any way less brutal than they were for the original Wipeout HD? I got the platinum for that but was punching waaay above my weight and I think I was weeping tears of blood by the end of it. Back then I didn't have a family, so allowed myself to commit a lot more time to the endeavour than I would be able to do now.

I really HATE having unfinished trophy lists on my profile. Much as I would love to play this, the thought of how hard it will be is putting me off. I kind of wish trophies didn't exist. I suppose one option is to only ever play it on my alt account, but I'll still be compelled to go after the trophies and then if I actually get close I'll be kicking myself for not doing it on my main.

This is so, so dumb. 

• Upvote 8

I know it is, but that doesn't stop it from being true. I have a bit of an obsessive nature about finishing things. If this is as hard as the original, it's going to take over my life.

Nobody has actually answered the question yet - too early to tell?

Ha, sorry! I played a fair bit of HD (and Fury, to a lesser extent) years back so I'm alright at that. I've just been aiming for the elite golds but found myself getting a few decent leaderboard positions in the process. If it's a race there can be an element of luck to it too, at least until you get out in front. And even then since you do seem to occasionally get boosts even when in the lead.

I'm not great at 2048 though, never played it much on Vita and I find some of the speed pads really fucking hard to see. Will be less of an issue once the tracks seep into the memory I guess.

• Upvote 1

I've never played any in my life,all the tracks are stunning and most of them flow perfectly if you time the turns nicely 

I just managed to beat your time , I can't see me getting any quicker on that so I'm going to leave it now

So DON'T BEAT IT :quote:

20170611_005345.jpg

5 hours ago, Darwock said:

I know it is, but that doesn't stop it from being true. I have a bit of an obsessive nature about finishing things. If this is as hard as the original, it's going to take over my life.

Nobody has actually answered the question yet - too early to tell?

I used to be the same years ago. I've learned to accept that just like real life sometimes that gold will be out of my reach.

Also look up the article on the guy who has every trophy on PSN. Those are the eyes of a shadow of a man. Don't be that guy.

On 10-6-2017 at 02:27, Theholyhogg said:

Just gonna place this here

Good luck trying to beat this 

8-)

Bastard! :D

(Hmm, my previous time was still a Van Über...)

5 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

I've never played any in my life,all the tracks are stunning and most of them flow perfectly if you time the turns nicely 

I just managed to beat your time , I can't see me getting any quicker on that so I'm going to leave it now

20170611_005345.jpg

Ehr.... you might want to check your trophies list then... ;)

9 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Don't worry, I'm nothing like this competitive :lol: . Happy just going through the PS3 ones again and spending some proper time with 2048.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

I used to be the same years ago. I've learned to accept that just like real life sometimes that gold will be out of my reach.

Also look up the article on the guy who has every trophy on PSN. Those are the eyes of a shadow of a man. Don't be that guy.

I don't even check for trophies. Switched the notifications off too so I don't even know when I get one. I thought the Gamerscore/achievements on Xbox was a neat idea when it was first introduced, but I found the Sony implementation rather shit and never bothered with it when I switched from Xbox 360 to P4 as main console this generation.

I want this game but still feel shortchanged there's no VR mode in it AND I think it may be discounted / PS+ freebie relatively early down the road so may wait for a bit. I already have played all the original games back in the day anyway.

1 minute ago, Napole0n said:

I don't even check for trophies. Switched the notifications off too so I don't even know when I get one. I thought the Gamerscore/achievements on Xbox was a neat idea when it was first introduced, but I found the Sony implementation rather shit and never bothered with it when I switched from Xbox 360 to P4 as main console this generation.

I kind of like them but it's sad that I've only ever seen them used really well as notifications in two games. Portal 2 and Assassin's Creed 3.

I like the more inventive ones that make you play in a new way. Like the 'pacifier' in Geometry Wars where you have to survive a certain time without firing a shot. Those are fun. But the ones that are more 'complete the game within 2 hours on bloody insane difficulty without dying once' or 'collect every piece of hidden shit that has no use in the game besides triggering this trophy' - yeah, do one.

5 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Ehr.... you might want to check your trophies list then... ;)

Have u beat my time on that??

There's no way you have that was a perfect run!!!!

*rushes to car to go home and check

Anyone else struggling to adapt to HD/Fury's narrow tracks and cluttered UI after the clean crispness of 2048. Though to be honest 2048 is so good the rest of the game seems like a bonus.

Zone mode is a gift from the gaming gods

• Upvote 1

So um.......it doesn't feel like WipEout to me. I was a big fan of the originals, 3SE was the peak. I didn't bother with it on PS2 'cos it seemed to lose what I really liked about the series. Didn't have a PS3 but I knew HD was very well received. I was excited by this but now that I've played it it isn't really what I was hoping for. It's yet to click. My biggest issue is that the boost pads feel horrible now. In the classic games they gave you a smooth slick speed increase, it felt amazing gliding over a sequence of them and maintaining a high speed. Now you just lurch forward awkwardly, and hitting a sequence of three or four just feels unpleasant. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

20170611_005345.jpg

How come you can see my name on your high score table, but can't see yours on any of mine? :(