IGNORED

Uncharted - The Lost Legacy

TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

Polished this off yesterday and absolutely loved it from start to finish. Not much more to add to what has already been said. The last half and particularly last two chapters were utterly fantastic. I think I might have enjoyed it more than 4 tbh.  And it looks amazing in 4k/hdr. Grab this in a black Friday sale if you see it as it's just top notch entertainment all the way through. Really made look forward to TLOU2 now as well even though very different perspectives shall we say.

On 30/08/2017 at 07:18, Trumpets said:

The quality of the facial capture in this game is a double edged sword: On the one hand it looks amazing, on the other Claudia Black (playing Chloe) turns out to be a bit of a ham in the more touchy-feely scenes. The other girl is better, but her accent sucks!

What accent? Australians don't have accents.

7 minutes ago, Trumpets said:

...or very good reading comprehension, apparently.

The 'other girl' being Nadine, who's played by an English actress doing a South African accent (badly).

Doesn't really matter, there is no such thing as a good South African accent. It's like the worlds answer to the Birmingham accent . It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

1 hour ago, PeteBrant said:

Doesn't really matter, there is no such thing as a good South African accent. It's like the worlds answer to the Birmingham accent . It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Harsh but fair (I reckon Scouse is the worst, personally).

14 hours ago, Trumpets said:

...or very good reading comprehension, apparently.

The 'other girl' being Nadine, who's played by an English actress doing a South African accent (badly).

American. It's Laura Bailey. 

14 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Hey! :angry:

12 hours ago, Trumpets said:

Harsh but fair (I reckon Scouse is the worst, personally).

This! Or possibly Geordie. 

On 22/11/2017 at 16:50, PeteBrant said:

Having being born and raised in Brum, I can fully concur.

Not really keen on the UC4 and LL approach to the story and dialogue of trying to be grown up and serious. Just ends up being bad soap-opera-level shite. All the stuff about Chloe's dad was just so tedious. There's developing a character and then there's a load of woefully-telegraphed hackneyed daddy issues.

However the game is bloody good. The open world bit needs a bit of work to make it more fun instead of a map-checking hassle but otherwise it's basically better than UC4. I liked the introduction of the silenced pistol but it's tricky to use it well.

I'm playing through again on crushing and while it's very hard in places it doesn't feel as cheap as UC4 did.

On 28/11/2017 at 13:57, labarte said:

Not really keen on the UC4 and LL approach to the story and dialogue of trying to be grown up and serious. Just ends up being bad soap-opera-level shite. All the stuff about Chloe's dad was just so tedious. There's developing a character and then there's a load of woefully-telegraphed hackneyed daddy issues.

However the game is bloody good. The open world bit needs a bit of work to make it more fun instead of a map-checking hassle but otherwise it's basically better than UC4. I liked the introduction of the silenced pistol but it's tricky to use it well.

I'm playing through again on crushing and while it's very hard in places it doesn't feel as cheap as UC4 did.

I thought the story of LL was a pleasant backtrack to the slightly more silly aspects of the Uncharted world to be honest! 

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

and because @Diggity just negged that post, I'm going to snap the disc in half and vow to NEVER play it.

good job, "diggity"...

Oh Im sorry, I didnt realise my down votes were being monitored.  

I was reading through the thread and your constant updates as to the status of having not played the game previous to this didnt really seem to be contributing to the discussion at hand.

2 minutes ago, Diggity said:

Oh Im sorry, I didnt realise my down votes were being monitored.  

I was reading through the thread and your constant updates as to the status of having not played the game previous to this didnt really seem to be contributing to the discussion at hand.

it's too late to apologise!

Good day sir!

• 3 weeks later...

I made a start on this yesterday and at about 5 or 6 hours in I seem to very nearly be at the end of it.

I think it's almost certainly the best Uncharted game to date, largely because of the above. The pacing is spot on. Uncharted 4 had a lot going for it but was also about 40 times longer than I wanted it to be. By the end I was begging for it to be over.

And some of the environments in this really just feel like Naughty Dog are showing off. Will get the screenshots off my PS4 when I finish it and post them all in one go. It is a stupidly good game and HDR really adds something to how natural the world looks.

Have to chime in and agree the last couple of levels in this are absolutely brilliant.  

I've only played the game on and off since it released so I probably won't appreciate it fully until I go through it again but even allowing for that I think it holds its own in series.

The only negative thing I can come up with, and it's a personal thing, is that it has too many puzzles.  I like the exploration, characters and the combat in Uncharted games and the puzzles I kind of put up with.  LL had a couple too many for my liking.  It's still excellent though.

I finished this last night as well.

It's absolutely fantastic. Any shortcomings are forgiven because it doesn't outstay its welcome at all and the pacing is spot on. It still does that annoying Uncharted scripted thing from time to time where it does bizarre things to ensure the scripted bit plays out the way it should (there was this one bit where it just kept on infinitely spawning RPG enemies before I realised it's so he can shoot a platform you're jumping to and trigger a cutscene).

Oh, and there are even some half decent puzzles in this game - a true first for an Uncharted.

Screenshots: (fair few location spoilers)

Spoiler

uncharted_thelostlega7rqkd.png

uncharted_thelostlegavdo2m.png

uncharted_thelostlegaqsqva.png

uncharted_thelostlega7brf3.png

uncharted_thelostlegag6qzh.png

uncharted_thelostlega4wpfo.png

uncharted_thelostlega4mogx.png

uncharted_thelostlegaubon4.png

uncharted_thelostlegayeqaz.png

• 1 month later...

Just replayed this on my LG 55E7 4K oled with platinum wireless headphones.

Just wow!!!

what a stunningly beautiful game this is with awesome music.  A tighter Uncharted than 4 and fantastic all the way through.  

Defo will replay again sometime later in 2018.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve not played 4 or this. I thought I was pretty much done after 3 and not sure whather to skip 4 altogether and just give this a go to try and get back into it. 

Could i olay this then 4 if if I like it? Is there any story reason not to do it that way round?