TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

Uncharted - The Lost Legacy

Announced at Playstation Experience 2016, and mentioned in the Uncharted 4 thread, I thought it deserved its own thread. Also with people complaining about megathreads and all that.

Impressions based on this trailer - I really like the idea of playing as Chloe, as she's one of my favourite characters in the Uncharted series. Nadine is cool too, she kicks ass in Uncharted 4 so it's good to see her return as well. Graphics look glorious and I hope there will be a substantial chunk of gameplay.

I bloody love Uncharted.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I was gonna say playing as women is great cos you can look at their bums...then I watched the trailer.

you should see the bum on my GTAonline character, incredible.

On 05/12/2016 at 10:31, Mr Do 71 said:

A stand alone DLC story, with hopefully a good few hours of gameplay.

it's £60 on amazon. Probably a placeholder, but still!

[edit]

yeah, see also:

The Last of Us Part II (PS4) by Sony PlayStation 4 £59.99

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4) by Sony PlayStation 4 £59.99

Edited by SeanR
placeholder prices...

On 05/12/2016 at 12:02, Napole0n said:

I'm currently nearing the end of Uncharted 4 and I bloody love it. I got the Uncharted Remastered collection in the sale too, and I look forward to playing through the older games again too. They're excellent games indeed.

Yup. I'm a rather huge fan of the series in its entirety, but I defy anyone not to see U4 run and not have their jaw drop. It's one of those games which I still struggle to believe is running on the PS4 to be honest.

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:45, The Boatman said:

This is included in the season pass thing, right? 

According to the blog post on playstation.com its a standalone game. Haven't seen any conformation that it will be included with the season pass.

That's what I thought... IIRC they were going to include a short single player add-on in the season pass (or maybe two?) but when they decided to make this longer they withdrew the season pass from sale. (Edit: but said that those who had already bought the pass would get this.) Worth keeping an eye on, to make sure they do! 

Today, we’re excited to share new footage and additional details about the game you’ve been eagerly waiting for—beginning with our release date. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will launch on August 22, 2017 in North America for $39.99 USD, $49.99 CAD.

Finally, you may have heard that our friends at PlayStation are bringing all four of the original Jak and Daxter PS2 classics to the PS4 via PS Store later this year. As beloved games in Naughty Dog history, we couldn’t imagine a better pairing for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Anyone that pre-orders The Lost Legacy at participating retailers will receive a free digital copy of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for PS4 when it launches on August 22. For those who pre-order on PS Store, you’ll also get an Uncharted: The Lost Legacy PS4 theme designed by Truant Pixel.

If you picked up the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition, Explorer’s Pack, or the Triple Pack, you’ll get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a digital download at launch. Owners of these products are not eligible for any pre-order bonuses.

IMG_0434.thumb.JPG.912de789b38d1bd0b280c24ccf99128a.JPG

• Upvote 2

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will launch on August 22 in North America for $39.99. It will release in the UK and Europe on August 23 for €39.99/£34.99.

on the article I just read.

Nothing wrong with £35 for 10 hours, if it's really that long.

That's around the same length as each of Uncharted 1-3 (maybe a bit shorter than 2), and longer than the CoDs and similar. 

Can't really compare the price and total length of the Uncharted Collection to this - it's a collection of old games, remastered, of course it's great value. More comparable is what each cost originally for their ~10 hours of gameplay.

8 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will launch on August 22 in North America for $39.99. It will release in the UK and Europe on August 23 for €39.99/£34.99.

on the article I just read.

The article's wrong.

58ed1cbb62dfb_ScreenShot2017-04-11at19_12_02.thumb.png.2d4676922ad7cbd54d904f0d29edb3c0.png

It's a standalone game, not DLC. It may be a short game, but it doesn't require UC4 to play. So it's not DLC.

• Upvote 3

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/naughty-dog-teases-uncharted-lost-legacy-may-be-over-10-hours-long-1615941

"Years ago, when we were asked if we were ever doing a single player expansion for Uncharted we always said, 'Well, we don't have the self-discipline to do that'. If we tried to do that we'd create a full game," Meyer told us.

"There's no way we could, sort of, constrict and restrain ourselves, and that's exactly what was happening here. When we were doing story pitches, we were coming up with a game that would be over ten hours long and so we suddenly realised everything we said was true and we couldn't keep it short."

I'd expect it to be short for a UC game, and if you go by the PSN price a full-size UC title usually goes for £54.99, so adjust expectations accordingly.