rllmuk
Uzi

The Last of Us Part 2

41 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

It might not have an Assassin's Creed style horror map of icons to go and repeat the same activity over and over again, but in the actual systems it's up there with MGSV in terms of player freedom. 

Yep, this game evoked a lot of memories of MGSV for me. I don't think it's quite up to MGS's level of pure freedom, but given the scenarios the devs are to be applauded for their achievement in this area. I like switching things up in the more open areas. Often getting a rifle out and taking a loud headhsot so others will be drawn to that location, of course by the time they get there I've fucked off to another location. I felt like the fucking predator, you can toy with them, especially the ...

Spoiler

Scars/Seraphites.

The body destruction in this is something else.

I had blown the legs off a clicker, leading to it making a mess crawling around before it died. The noise attracted another one from further in the building so I lobbed another explosive it’s way. It landed right beside the dead one and ended up fucking obliterating it. In other games that would be an immovable chunk once the enemy was killed, was good to see.

Now to try it on a human foe....

• Upvote 1

If I'm not mistaken, this will run on PS5 from your library, right?  I have to be honest, I wonder what it would look like at native 4k. That said, I can't see the PS5 running it at 4k60. This game runs on ther pro at 1440p, which in my 65" 4k tv looks fucking stunning. So I'll be happy it it runs at that resolution and 60fps. But then, that being said, if they can get it running between 40 to 50fps at native 4k, it might still be enough with my TV's VFR capability. 

Having recently played GTAV at a rock solid 1440p60, and being amazed by it, I still think that's a really good option. This isn't like the days of 1080p TVs displaying 640p images (Halo 3 I'm looking at you!), as the resolutions get higher the differences become far less noticeable, especially if the game has a good anti-aliasing solution. 

Hmm, sorry, this is probably more for the PS5 topic...

1 hour ago, fattakin said:

Really wish you could turn the film grain off,

Dipping in and out of this thread this seems an unusually common complaint yet I can't say I have noticed the effect at all, let alone it being detrimental..

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Dipping in and out of this thread this seems an unusually common complaint yet I can't say I have noticed the effect at all, let alone it being detrimental..

Same. Is it because I'm a 1080peasant? Maybe you need a 4K TV to really see it.

2 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

I'm 4K TV but 1080p PS4 so it may be a 4k PS4 Pro thing...

15 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Im 4K TV PS4 Slim 1080p :)  I had just been playing COD Warzone on Xbox One X for 3 hours immediately before so maybe was a bit jarring dropping down.

21 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I'm on a 4KTV with a Pro and I've not found it distracting at all. It's only because of this thread that I noticed it was there.

Going for this custom difficulty on NG+

IMG_20200623_155658.thumb.jpg.b9ac5575aed16092ef5f347469ac3339.jpg

Let's see how I get on. Might bump up the Player difficulty higher.

33 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I'm on a 4KTV with a Pro and I've not found it distracting at all. It's only because of this thread that I noticed it was there.

37 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Im 4K TV PS4 Slim 1080p :)  I had just been playing COD Warzone on Xbox One X for 3 hours immediately before so maybe was a bit jarring dropping down.

Maybe it's one of those things that some folk are more sensitive too? A bit like those who reckon they cannot tell the difference between 30 and 60fps DESPITE THE JARRING PAIN OF 30FPS. 

Anyways, I shall squint at it when I play later this evening but, as I said, was oblivious to it until seeing it mentioned here. The whole game is such a visual feast that any filtering/processing either works or is not noticeable to me...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spacehost said:

4K here, I know it’s present but it looks great. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

I've not noticed it either on a Sony 4K OLED, I think it might be one of the image processing options in the TV settings that smooths the grain out.

7 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Could someone quickly confirm if there's any kind of performance option, should I be playing on Pro at 1080?

If you have a 4k tv/monitor and a pro, you will output at 1440p. Don’t switch to 1080p!

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I've not noticed it either on a Sony 4K OLED, I think it might be one of the image processing options in the TV settings that smooths the grain out.

Maybe although I have all image processing disabled on my C9...

It's just one of those things!

9 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Could someone quickly confirm if there's any kind of performance option, should I be playing on Pro at 1080?

Nope. If you force to 1080p you wont superscale or get frame rate increases. Its not like Last guardian in that regard.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PeteBrant said:

Nope. If you force to 1080p you wont superscale or get frame rate increases. Its not like Last guardian in that regard.

Cheers.

I really don’t know why they opted not to have an option to remove film grain in game (especially when it’s in the photo mode). I mean there are options for pretty much everything else and a lot of people like a crisp, clean presentation especially at the higher resolution.

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

I reckon there is going to be a direct correlation with people noticing film grain and being in areas with spores ;) 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

I reckon there is going to be a direct correlation with people noticing film grain and being in areas with spores ;) 

Haha.

That could be it!

Just reached day... 4?

Spoiler

Opening Abby's bedroom to that view was just breathtaking. Walking around the stadium, I couldn't stop staring at all the detail and the sense of life you get from it. Incredible.

• Upvote 1

I love the way this game swings from you being the hunter to being the hunted to being the hunter etc. Day 2 was fucking hardcore! Can’t wait to replay that whole day (as just the hunter).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dvdx2 said:

If you have a 4k tv/monitor and a pro, you will output at 1440p. Don’t switch to 1080p!

Alternatively, switch your Pro to 1080p and it’ll sound like a hair dryer instead of a helicopter. That’s what I had to do. 

16 minutes ago, Moz said:

Alternatively, switch your Pro to 1080p and it’ll sound like a hair dryer instead of a helicopter. That’s what I had to do. 

Maybe needs a clean?  I took to lid off mine to clean it and it’s Definitely an improvement.

Knowing that I'll not be buying a PS4 again or getting a PS5 for at least a year (or ever) I've been watching a walkthrough in 4K (captured from a PS4 pro.). 

Lovely audio visuals love the little attention to detail in there lots more environmental things. Grass swaying in the wind, snow falling off trees as you brush past them.

Reminds me a bit of the Tomb Raider reboot though for some reason except obviously no Zombies in TR. 

Lovely game sad I won't be playing it but at least I get to see the story develop :)

38 minutes ago, Moz said:

Something's wrong with your PS4 Pro. I've had other games get my Pro's fans going far harder than this game has.

• Upvote 3

Same here. It sounds weirdly calm.