The Last of Us Part 2

I edited my post above, but post it here as well. The Remaster supports HDR and the following options:

- Solid 60 fps @ 1080p

- Target 60 fps @ 1800p

- Solid 30 fps @ 2160 (4k)

When the Remaster launched, I played it at Solid 60 fps @ 1080p and that felt good. I do not know how often the Target 60 fps option dips below 60.

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I tried to play it a couple of weeks ago and the biggest difference I noticed is that there is a worldwide pandemic at the moment and it was really not the kind of escapism I was hoping for :(

I've been playing through Day's Gone during lockdown and it's been strangely comforting - things could be so much worse.

42 minutes ago, df0 said:

I edited my post above, but post it here as well. The Remaster supports HDR and the following options:

- Solid 60 fps @ 1080p

- Target 60 fps @ 1800p

- Solid 30 fps @ 2160 (4k)

When the Remaster launched, I played it at Solid 60 fps @ 1080p and that felt good. I do not know how often the Target 60 fps option dips below 60.

do you need a PS4 pro for all that?

7 hours ago, Alex W. said:

060EA0B9-9164-4BC1-B796-8B3C9E3323ED.thumb.jpeg.3bf08f9950d3bed0b6834061a746ccdb.jpeg

How many survivors are you going to watch howling in agony as they cradle the twisted body of their only companion, if it’s the first thing in the features list?

Edit - This has been confirmed to be a retailer’s promo email (I had assumed it wasn’t the game dev).

That sounds like a really irritating mechanic. We'll see.

20 hours ago, Alex W. said:

060EA0B9-9164-4BC1-B796-8B3C9E3323ED.thumb.jpeg.3bf08f9950d3bed0b6834061a746ccdb.jpeg

How many survivors are you going to watch howling in agony as they cradle the twisted body of their only companion, if it’s the first thing in the features list?

Edit - This has been confirmed to be a retailer’s promo email (I had assumed it wasn’t the game dev).

Now I can only imagine the game as an endless dog-battle horde mode accompanied by relentless howling of owners in 360 degree surround sound - think someone sitting on a Yamaha keyboard that can only play the sound of the Rick Flair Craite Dragon Call from the Star Wars Blu Ray release.

Preordered.

I did it after Xmas before they moved the release date and thoroughly enjoyed it again along with the dlc I never got round to. Stuck it on hard or grounded, can't remember which. Still and just a stone cold classic. Fantastic in every way. 

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

You looking forward to the sequel dude? 

I really am,  you?

I'm sure it will be a phenomenal game, but just hope it isn't all too depressing. Maybe I should get Animal Crossing to balance it out :lol:

On 08/05/2020 at 12:40, petrolgirls said:

I've been playing through Day's Gone during lockdown and it's been strangely comforting - things could be so much worse.

haha I think when I was playing it a few weeks ago it felt a like things could get worse real soon.

I’m just finishing FF7 and will be trying again in the buildup to Part 2. 

12 hours ago, Dave White said:

I really am,  you?

I'm sure it will be a phenomenal game, but just hope it isn't all too depressing. Maybe I should get Animal Crossing to balance it out :lol:

Yes really looking forward to it but also feel the same with all that’s going on at the moment. In saying that I have Animal Crossing and whilst I love it I find selling my turnips at the right price a bit of an obsession and also quite stressful :lol:

Just finished a replay of the first game. There's some things in the game that are relevant to now, like newspaper articles with the headline "UK CEASES IMMIGRATION". 

Hell of a game, think I'll leave a replay of the DLC until nearer the time this is out. 

On 08/05/2020 at 18:59, df0 said:

I think I'll join you, never finished it on the highest difficulty.

I already am not looking forward to some sections :omg:

And I'm out. Started on Grounded, can't get past the first difficult part with the clicker. Shit's too hard :lol: 

I'm curiously un-hyped about this. Fascinated to see what they've achieved technically, but nothing they've shown so far indicates a worthwhile narrative justification for going back to the well. When combined with the bizarrely leery emphasis on extreme violence seen in all the marketing it just leaves me suspecting the whole thing is a bit misjudged.

I'll be there day one to find out, of course.

I played through the first game and thought it was perfectly fine, but never understood the reverence many people seem to have for it.

As such I was happy to read the leaked spoilers and....oof! There will be a lot of this from fans after release:dTcAHZc.jpg.8c2c67dcc93a75e65012416b7cdae82c.jpg

I was looking at this on PSN, and I guess I can't have bought a new game for a while, because those prices looked kinda high! How does this work these days? I'm not too worried about the pre-order bumf, err, bonuses, and money is tight due to the lockdown, so will there be a slightly cheaper option on launch day? Am only interested in the downloadable version.

And put me down as huge fan of the original - I too have just completed another playthrough ahead of the sequel - but rather sceptical about the existence of the second. Haven't properly watched a trailer since the announcement trailer (watched the latest one with the sound off) so going in fairly blind... Hoping the suggestions of a fairly heavy handed story and exploitative seeming violence are either misdirects or far from the full picture.

28 minutes ago, LongHairStu said:

I was looking at this on PSN, and I guess I can't have bought a new game for a while, because those prices looked kinda high! How does this work these days? I'm not too worried about the pre-order bumf, err, bonuses, and money is tight due to the lockdown, so will there be a slightly cheaper option on launch day? Am only interested in the downloadable version.

Unfortunately Sony like to gouge folks' buying digital on new releases :( . I've gone all digital for my latest ongoing flip-flop between buying the consoles, but I'm buggered if I'm going to pay out £60 for this or Final Fatasy VII. Even when you pick up the top up cards cheaper it's still a pricier prospect. 

On the plus side though, they do regularly have decent deals on older stuff. My PS4 hard drive is stuffed full of good things :) 

1 hour ago, LongHairStu said:

And put me down as huge fan of the original - I too have just completed another playthrough ahead of the sequel - but rather sceptical about the existence of the second. Haven't properly watched a trailer since the announcement trailer (watched the latest one with the sound off) so going in fairly blind... Hoping the suggestions of a fairly heavy handed story and exploitative seeming violence are either misdirects or far from the full picture.

If you know someone who also wants it you can game share and go halves.

16 minutes ago, Pob said:

That works on PS4?

Yep, I gameshare with a mate. You need both profiles on your PS4. If your friend buys it, go onto their profile on your PS4 and dl the purchased game. Then, it will appear on the PS4 on your account. 

Here