The Last of Us Part 2 - Now updated for PS5 for at 60fps

Uzi

This is infuriating. The whole point of delaying it was to avoid staggered releases across the world that would likely result in spoilers. Now it's spoiled anyway, surely just release it now digitally? Mid June is miles away, everyone will know everything by then.

Animal Crossing/Final Fantasy did well digitally, just do that? I'm sure Amazon, GAME, Gamestop, Wal-Mart etc won't mind.

48 minutes ago, Capwn said:

This is infuriating. The whole point of delaying it was to avoid staggered releases across the world that would likely result in spoilers. Now it's spoiled anyway, surely just release it now digitally? Mid June is miles away, everyone will know everything by then.

Animal Crossing/Final Fantasy did well digitally, just do that? I'm sure Amazon, GAME, Gamestop, Wal-Mart etc won't mind.

Infuriating :lol: it’s another 2 weeks. 

1 hour ago, BadgerFarmer said:

It's 3. From May 29th to June 19th.

And bearing mind it was only recently delayed indefinitely I’d say this is good news on that front, less good though on the humanitarian side of their business, leaves a bit of a sour taste really. 

16 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

So there was no need to delay it in the first place!

Yeah it's a bit weird isn't it? I thought they delayed it as they didn't want different countries and groups getting it at different times, i.e Final Fantasy 7 Remake as it was such a spoilerific game. They wanted to release it at a time where everyone could play it in a relatively same window. Well 2 weeks isn't going to make much of a difference is it? I was expecting more like Fall. What was the point of a 2 week delay? Bet they are kicking themselves now.

Whoever leaked it though, true incarnation of evil. No matter how bad you felt about the politics of the studio overheads, they have royally shafted everyone there. Not only by tainting the 5 years or so of hard work but now that studio is going to be even more restrictive and less trusting of everyone. So whoever did this has managed to make the environment worse for everyone else.

39 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Anyone else quite put off playing this by the reports of what it’s like to work at ND?

I'm going to assume that the good citizens of rllmuk will ignore the shitty worker conditions this time around because the game/dev is really well regarded, just like we do when other good games have some really shitty people behind them with some very dogdy views and game plot lines

8 hours ago, Capwn said:

Yeah it's a bit weird isn't it? I thought they delayed it as they didn't want different countries and groups getting it at different times, i.e Final Fantasy 7 Remake as it was such a spoilerific game. They wanted to release it at a time where everyone could play it in a relatively same window. Well 2 weeks isn't going to make much of a difference is it? I was expecting more like Fall. What was the point of a 2 week delay? Bet they are kicking themselves now.

Whoever leaked it though, true incarnation of evil. No matter how bad you felt about the politics of the studio overheads, they have royally shafted everyone there. Not only by tainting the 5 years or so of hard work but now that studio is going to be even more restrictive and less trusting of everyone. So whoever did this has managed to make the environment worse for everyone else.

It’s hard to say unless you’ve worked in those conditions yourself and with everything going on in the world right now it just adds to the stress. I’ve not seen any spoilers so remain unaffected but I’m concerned over what goes on there - I mean in terms of activism spoiling the plot for a video game is hardly up there with killing and maiming is it - get a grip. 

9 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Anyone else quite put off playing this by the reports of what it’s like to work at ND?

No but like all games that come out amidst reports of horrible work culture, I'll be buying it second hand so they don't get my money.

After the 1-2 dissapointment of Doom Eternal and Resident Evil 3, I'd like to buy a new game that actually deserves my money and Naughty Dog have never failed to deliver. 

Boycotting a game doesn't work. When you look at the sheer volume of sales, a few guys on an enthusiast forum isn't going to cut it. TLOU 2 is the sequel to a 20 million selling game. 

Last of Us 2 is probably one of the biggest projects out there so I can only the imagine the stress the development team must be under to bring it to market given the conditions we’re all experiencing right now, but perhaps the problems go back much further, it’s not the first time there have been issues made public by staff there. 

Naughty Dog Crunch

This report on Eurogamer (from Kotaku) talks about how bad the crunch is at Naughty Dog.

The sheer amount of people leaving during the project for whatever reason hasn't helped and the claim that the project would have been finished a year ago if the team wasn't filled with junior staff doesn't give the best impression.

46 minutes ago, Hodge said:

After being on the fence with this, for certain reasons. Thought I would have a peek at the spoilers to see which way they going with 2. This is looking like a definite pass for me now ☹️

If we’re offering opinions on rumours then I guess I’m out of the thread. This is exactly how my hype for the FF7 remake was ruined.