rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Rowan Morrison

Free Rudy Rucker non-fiction

I noticed on Rudy Rucker's blog the other day that he's released three of his nonfiction texts as free online editions:

Infinity and the Mind

The Lifebox, the Seashell, and the Soul

The Fourth Dimension

The Fourth Dimension is particular is an amazing read that has blown my tiny mind on many occasions. It builds on the analogy of Edwin Abbott's Victorian 2D masterpiece Flatland to explore the concepts and practicalities of higher dimensions, both in mathematics and the real world. There are exercises, puzzles and illustrations alongside Rucker's grade-A gonzo science prose. If you do nothing else, build and play with the Neck-A-Cube.

Rucker has many other free books available on his site - for fiction, his complete short stories is an obvious easy win. I paid good money for all of these and don't regret a penny of it, so it's great to see them released into the wild like this.

• Upvote 3