rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jacopo

Your food guilty pleasures

74827011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=585995

Having just sat and eaten a packet of this glorious stuff with some chicken breast, it got me thinking about what other food guilty pleasures you guys may have. Sure, the above pasta 'n' sauce has very little nutritional value but it sure will fill you up. Throw a big dollop of butter into the mix when its cooking and you've got a rich, creamy carb overload. I've also made these and thrown in left over veg, ham, anything really to spice them up a little.

Often these are on sale in supermarkets at 50p a packet so I always got a few in, to keep in the cupboard for when I'm feeling too lazy to actually cook anything.

I actually think these were my first experience of pasta as a teen. Which is quite shocking, I know. :unsure:

• Upvote 4

I don't have them that often, but I enjoy a cup-a-soup far more than I have any right to. I'm fairly sure they're nutritionally pretty empty and full of salt and all, but there's something about them that makes them a little bit of a treat. I can often persuade myself not to buy an expensive sandwich for lunch, and instead eat something much-less appealing like left-overs from the fridge just by promising myself a cheeky cup-a-soup afterwards.

The thing that I find fascinating beyond the fact that I find something so cheap and low-quality to be a  treat, is that if you get one with croutons in, then these become extra mini-treats as you're eating it. These wretched little dry brittle tasteless cubes somehow become little bonuses in your mug of guilty shameful soup (as do the pathetic little slivers of limp noodle in the minestrone variety).

Pom Bears - they aren't even proper potato crisps, rather they are made from that skimmed off starch that comes out when you cook potato, but damn they taste so salty and good and just dissolve on the tongue.

• Upvote 2

71UQ1zhF6PL._SL1005_.jpg

Shin Cups. Me and my friends became obsessed with this insanely spicy snack back in highschool. So much so that when they went back packing they went to Seoul and tracked down the Nong Shim factory for a vist :lol:

• Upvote 7

On 12/1/2016 at 19:12, Captain LeChuck said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Mini stollen bites from Lidl.  This shit should be a class A illegal subtance, 

Christmas lidl stuff is amazing though 

Have you tried the chocolate covered marzipan with cherry?

24943_01_f.jpg

They're unbelievable

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shin Cups are magnificent! I still have about a dozen in the cupboard after Sainsbury's had them reduced to 60p a pop a couple of months ago.(Not that the full price of 75p was breaking the bank, but I do like a bargain.) I can't remember ever having finished one without feeling at least 3 times happier than I did before I started.

Made from toenails and entrails, coated in fluorescent orange crumb and with a layer of plastic based cheese made from melted down milk bottles.

CYeHy2wWsAEkmDR.jpg

Love 'em.

• Upvote 5

Before my supermarket stopped stocking them I used to like getting Campbells "meat"balls in gravy and eating them straight out of the pan using a crust of bread as a spoon, much to my wife's disgust. For added nostalgia I use my old university halls of residence pan, the non-stick coating on that bastard is indestructible.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Captain Novaforce said:

71UQ1zhF6PL._SL1005_.jpg

Shin Cups. Me and my friends became obsessed with this insanely spicy snack back in highschool. So much so that when they went back packing they went to Seoul and tracked down the Nong Shim factory for a vist :lol:

Fuck yeah. Love these.

Those Chicagotown mini pepperoni pizzas for me. With a sprinkling of chilli flakes.

• Upvote 3

The big cold samosas you find next to the sandwiches in Londis.  So wrong, so right.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Wickedkitten said:

Rustler's cheeseburger done in a pan with a fried egg on the toasted bun. Don't even care.

Mind = Blown.

Marmite and Kewpie mayonnaise on anything, but especially salted crackers or super soft, really processed white bread (my go to brand is a Japanese brand called Royal Bread), perhaps with added cheese, or maybe microwaved hot dog sausages. It is almost the definition of empty calories but so, so amazing.

It is a bit challenging since Marmite is difficult to find in Japan and Kewpie is difficult to find in the UK. But it is an orgiastic explosion of umami and almost impossible to stop eating once you start.

White bread

Cheese

Potato waffle

Birds eye chicken quarter pounder 

White bread

Bird's-eye chicken quarter pounder

Cheese

Potato waffle

White bread

Probably the most calorific sandwich ever conceived.  Add mayonnaise or ketchup betwixt the layers for moisture. 

I'm also partial to some grated cheddar and a beef burger smashed up into a bowl of noodles with ketchup, mayo and a few slices of gerkin 

Sometimes at work instead of lunch I'll just eat two scotch eggs.  67p from aldi and better than a sandwich. But then also sometimes I'll buy 5 double chocolate cookies and those as well.  

Choux buns for breakfast. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Gaz said:

Sometimes at work instead of lunch I'll just eat two scotch eggs.  67p from aldi and better than a sandwich. But then also sometimes I'll buy 5 double chocolate cookies and those as well.  

What do you mean "Instead of lunch"

• Upvote 1

Well I mean,  for lunch.  But rather than a sandwich or a salad or whatever I'll just have two scotch eggs.  

On 07/12/2016 at 08:48, PK said:

The big cold samosas you find next to the sandwiches in Londis.  So wrong, so right.

They make me do floating shits. 

On 07/12/2016 at 11:54, Wickedkitten said:

Rustler's cheeseburger done in a pan with a fried egg on the toasted bun. Don't even care.

Just toasting the bun and doing the burger as normal is enough to place this one into guilty pleasure territory! 

• Upvote 1

On 01/12/2016 at 18:17, Jacopo said:

74827011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=585995

Having just sat and eaten a packet of this glorious stuff with some chicken breast, it got me thinking about what other food guilty pleasures you guys may have. Sure, the above pasta 'n' sauce has very little nutritional value but it sure will fill you up. Throw a big dollop of butter into the mix when its cooking and you've got a rich, creamy carb overload. I've also made these and thrown in left over veg, ham, anything really to spice them up a little.

Often these are on sale in supermarkets at 50p a packet so I always got a few in, to keep in the cupboard for when I'm feeling too lazy to actually cook anything.

I actually think these were my first experience of pasta as a teen. Which is quite shocking, I know. :unsure:

I had the pesto one last night with gold top, sweated onion, extra butter and cheese, and bacon and it was great

On 12/18/2016 at 08:37, Professor_k said:

GIF-unsure-what-WTF-GIF.gif

Don't knock it until you've tried it. Need about a tablespoons worth for a King Size and maybe add some extra Soy as well :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

Don't knock it until you've tried it. Need about a tablespoons worth for a King Size and maybe add some extra Soy as well :)

Ok I'm in

• Upvote 1

On 18/12/2016 at 17:38, Wickedkitten said:

I had the pesto one last night with gold top, sweated onion, extra butter and cheese, and bacon and it was great

Wow. Sounds amazing, I'll give that a try thanks