rllmuk
Hexx

The Good Place

I have binged this the past couple of weeks, didn’t know I had caught up with a weekly show airing now! I also didn’t know it was Parks and Rec people behind it, one of my faves that and this is good fun too - it’s just good fun with some strong leads and generally well written.

Wasn’t really sure where they were going with the finale until 

The very last moment when the note was revealed and I blubbed like a good ‘un

• Upvote 2

I'm starting to find the Judge's affectations just a little overdone.

• Upvote 5

3 episodes left. Got to admit, I'll be sorry to see it go. It hasn't always been the best or funniest show, but it's always been imaginative. 

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

3 episodes left. Got to admit, I'll be sorry to see it go. It hasn't always been the best or funniest show, but it's always been imaginative. 

I think that best sums up how I feel. It’s never equalled the heights of S1, but I do admire the writing and the fundamental issues of being, well, human, that it addresses in a light but considered way. 

So for those that have watched the penultimate episode - next week's finale's title echos Micheal's words "Whenever you're ready" :(

• Upvote 1

I've been off sick over the last week and half and have watched nearly all of these. Really enjoyed them (have a couple more episodes before I catch up to the weekly releases).  Certainly a refreshing show. Chidi and Eleanors story line is great and like done have already posted - that note from Chidi really got me. :blush:

I've definitely softened since having children. 

Just now, iknowgungfu said:

(have a couple more episodes before I catch up to the weekly releases).  C

Bad news - next week is the last one!

Nope I wasn't ready  :(

But as a finale it harmonised perfectly with the series core messages and beliefs.

I also loved that while it was special it wasn't flashy or over the top despite all the callbacks and cameos. It just was.

• Upvote 6

The finale was sweet.

And sad. :(

A great series overall. Despite a slight dip in S4 it was remarkable concise and high quality.

Beautiful ending to one of my favourites, I loved The Good Place it was proper feel good television. I'm terrible at articulating my thoughts but it was brimming with heart and positivity which is unfortunately rare in TV these days. Really sad it's the end. 

• Upvote 6

I was genuinely moved at the message that with enough time passing any reconciliation and forgiveness is possible.

Spoiler

From the Tahani's parents bit. I've not even been that keen on her character for the most part.

Gentle and touching final episode, with a perfect final moment. 

Where you think, with the benefit of his countless years of existence, Michael is about to lay some profound truth on a stranger but instead chooses to give them a funny memory and make them smile. God knows, with all the despair life can throw at us, there’s more than enough value in such an act.

• Upvote 1

Yeah this is basically I have something in my eye the episode 

What a delightful, moving and upliftingly honest end to a TV show.  Fair play the good place. Fair play indeed. 

That was absolutely perfect. Emotional, sweet and surprisingly poignant.

Also I was basically in bits from the first few minutes, when I wasn't laughing at least.

• Upvote 3

Wonderful final episode. Really loved the scenes with Eleanor and Chidi discussing philosophy. It’s just not something you ever see on tv.

Also, number 9364 in Tahani’s to-do list is the most random joke I’ve ever seen in a US sitcom and it absolutely killed me.

I had thought that the penultimate episode was the last one, and thought that that ending was perfect. So to see that there was another episode on there, I thought they'd have probably overdone it and ruined the whole thing.

Spoiler

They hadn't. Watching each of them coming to the end of their existence on their own terms was beautiful, and a pitch perfect way to end the series.

• Upvote 2

What a brilliant ending, sad to see it go, but what a great show. Loved it  

Possibly the least funny episode of a comedy I’ve ever watched. And absolutely perfect.

You clearly haven't seen the end of Blackadder Goes Forth.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Benny said:

You clearly haven't seen the end of Blackadder Goes Forth.

had jokes until the final few minutes

• Upvote 1

Finally got round to sitting to the finale. Absolutely perfect. No you have something in your eye.