IGNORED

Daytonaaaaaaaa! Let's Go Away!

deKay

17 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I don't understand what's going on. 

20 minutes ago, Flub said:

So they've made a new arcade version of Daytona rather than a console version? Odd.

24 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Is this the return of the proper Sega?

Only if they release it on a console that is destined to fail.

I really hope that it persuades Namco to resurrect the Ridge Racer brand.

Current gen Sega vs Namco would be amazing, Time Crisis vs Virtua Cop, Ridge vs Daytona, Tekken vs VF.

Not holding out much hope for this tbh.

With Yu Suzuki working on Shenmue 3 and Nagoshi's attention on Yakuza series, I doubt they have much left of the original dev team working on this.

If Makoto Osaki has anything to do with this then we could be on track for a great follow up as he was the main guy behind Daytona 2 and Outrun 2/SP. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, strider said:

This will be amazing and Sol's port will be equally amazing. Keep the faith people.

I'm amazed at the cynicism - a new bona-fide arcade Daytona and people are doing the dirty before we've even seen it. For shame.

it might be shit but fuck we need arcade racers badly

7 hours ago, angel said:

I'd love a version of Daytona 2 on current gen to whet the appetite, still looks great even today.

Stll one of my most played racers today using Supermodel and my DFGT wheel. Force feedback is superb.

Home port would of been great, but thought Sega would of done it by now if it was gonna ever happen. Then again stranger things have happened, like Sega announcing another sequel out of no where.

4 hours ago, Hodge said:

Stll one of my most played racers today using Supermodel and my DFGT wheel. Force feedback is superb.

Home port would of been great, but thought Sega would of done it by now if it was gonna ever happen. Then again stranger things have happened, like Sega announcing another sequel out of no where.

What is Supermodel?! Please tell me it's a way to emulate model 2  on PC or something?