rllmuk
Sureshot

A great gaming track a day

Whoops! Totally missed the right time of year for this lovely track from the very best Sega years, though I have been listening to it, as ever..!

Winter Sleep – Christmas Nights into Dreams

• Upvote 2

Probably my first memory of game music that blew my tiny mind as a youngster. You could even sign along. Amazing.

Hated that evil-looking-cat-spaceship thing, though. Still do. 

• Upvote 2

Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road (Amiga) - Title

If the Arcade version was available on YT I'd post it here, sadly it isn't. Amiga version is still great though, good work from Jason Page.

• Upvote 1

MotoGP: Ultimate Racing Technology (Xbox) - Title Theme.

A track I heard about 800,000 times while messing about on the Original Xbox Live Beta test back in 2001 or so. Fantastic.

• Upvote 1

I was listening to Spotify the other day, and a song came up which - for some reason - had been ingrained into my memory as utterly recallable, but I had no idea what it was. When I eventually went back to see what it was, I realised why - it was a remake of the theme to Frontier: Elite II, which my brother and I had played to the point of absolute excess back in the day (we'd got the point where we were simply going as far into uncharted space we could go, scooping fuel to keep us going). I actually hadn't realised the soundtrack wasn't just all classical tunes.

Here's the original, and the remake for reference - great tune.

• Upvote 2

On 10/02/2020 at 15:30, ilpostino said:

Target: Renegade (C64) - Subtune 3, Levels 1 and 4

On the spectrum it's actually used for level 2.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

On the spectrum it's actually used for level 2.

Amstrad is the same as well.

I absolutely loved WWS, and the OST is a bit of a happy place. Did it have the same composer as Sonic Adventure? There are huge similarities, perhaps just representative of Sega of that era.

2 hours ago, pastry said:

I absolutely loved WWS, and the OST is a bit of a happy place. Did it have the same composer as Sonic Adventure? There are huge similarities, perhaps just representative of Sega of that era.

It's Jun Senoue, I believe. So it's absolutely the same sort of sound. (He is, among other things, the guitarist for Crush 40)

• Upvote 1

Yeh I looked it up, looks like he wrote a lot of music for Sonic Adventure. Figures!

Time for a track, and it's a ripper:

Sega Rally – My Dear Friend Rally

• Upvote 2