A great gaming track a day

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread has reached the second page? I refuse to allow it! Have this belter:

Crusader: No Remorse - The Traveler (title theme) by Andrew Sega

(though I can't be certain it hasn't been posted before)

I always feel a bit weird thinking of post-32/64-bit consoles 'retro', because that rather suggests things about my age that I'd rather ignore. Still, there's some great stuff in that era. Also, some 'great' stuff:

Tech Romancer - Fight! Kikaioh (intro tune) by Yuki Iwai

It's even better when coupled with the unlockable intro video it accompanies, but that's 50% pre-song, and then only a third of the actual song:

Yeah, Tech Romancer's intro always reminds me of Burning Rangers too, both deliver that perfect anime cheesiness; so perfect I posted the Japanese version in this thread two years ago (almost to the day!):

On 02/12/2016 at 01:03, Wiper said:

Your enjoyment of this will correlate directly with your stomach for pure cheese. Fortunately for me, my cheese tolerance is akin to that of the average French chef, so this is a no brainer for selection.

Naofumi Hataya & Fumie Kumatani & Masaru Setsumaru - Burning Rangers - Burning ANGEL

A game with multiple composers, but those vocals are easy to recognise - that energy, that delivery, it's clearly Daytona USA's Takenobu Mitsuyoshi giving it his all!

11 hours ago, Wiper said:

Yeah, Tech Romancer's intro always reminds me of Burning Rangers too, both deliver that perfect anime cheesiness; so perfect I posted the Japanese version in this thread two years ago (almost to the day!):

I normally think of the Japanese one, I think that's the one that was on Samba De Amigo

Got the SNES Mini out of the cupboard today, played a bit of SMK then stuck F-Zero on :wub: 

I know it's basically blasphemy to criticise SMK but the handling is atrocious compared to F-Zero, which makes you feel like an F1 driver as you left off the accelerator (for some corners) lightly touch the inside barrier, but not enough to slow you down and let it run to the outside wall as you reapply the power.