rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread: It's All Over, Folks! See you next console!

I'm surprised no one has posted a picture holding the switch with today's newspaper or something.

Zelda and 1 2 Switch both dispatched from Amazon, due tomorrow.

HORI case and premium screen protector awaiting dispatch, but still due to arrive tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Zavvi just cancelled my discounted Pro pad order.

Zavvi confirmed as cunts

move along

Me too :angry:

I especially like the way they waited until the day before release to cancel the orders, the cheeky scamps. Thank god for Amazon Prime.

Apparently 'electrical items' were excluded from the offer so I'm hoping my (discounted) order for the official carry case survives, because I'm taking the Switch on my travels at the weekend. The order is still showing as processing and says 'estimated delivery 03/03/17 - awaiting stock pick' in my account, but then so is the order for the pro controller...

Are the delivery estimates on Zavvi's website reliable?

Zavvi cancelled. ShopTo ordered. It's ...

FUCKING GREY! But, at this point, I don't care. I'll take small pleasure from calling Zavvi out on this over social media.

My Amazon shit is now all 'dispatching now'. Safe travels my Switch accessories and the same for all other Switch orders. Let's pray that you will not be ditched in the nearest hedge by Hermes. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, jatpool said:

Had my order is dispatched email from Nintendo store. Estimated delivery Tue-Wed but hopefully that's a mistake and it arrives tomorrow :(

I got that too. Then they sent a second email saying it's next day delivery. So fuck knows. Guess we'll all have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Really poor.

I have asked Amazon about an ability to choose the courier but they told me it can't be done now or in the future. I now just cancel the order if I see it's being delivered  via Hermes and send them a note making my reason clear.

Amazon customer service is usually exemplary, no questions asked, but there shipping leaves a lot to be desired. Hermes, Yodel and Amazon Logistics are cheap as hell and that means drivers are not paid enough and do not have enough time to redeliver if the recipient is at home hence their signature finishing move of throwing it over the back yard wall. I have zero qualms about claiming non arrival in this scenario though, Hermes will pay, not Amazon, and Amazon also get another negative tick in the Hermes satisfaction box. Enough strikes and they will stop using them, maybe..

It's a shit scene but I'm sure it will soon all be forgotten once you fire up Zelda! @Billy Brown

New e-mail from Nintendo store. Order is being dispatched today. Next day delivery.

7 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

I got that too. Then they sent a second email saying it's next day delivery. So fuck knows. Guess we'll all have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Really poor.

I'm pretty sure it will arrive tomorrow but i will probably miss the delivery, standard :/

Gutted I cancelled my case order now, I've got train journeys to London Monday and Tuesday, I want to be playing my Switch on them. 

I may order from Shopto as Amazon are now out of stock, or maybe I might pop to Game over the weekend.

Zelda and 1-2 Switch currently with Yodel, courtesy of Very.

Console currently on its way to DPD, courtesy of ShopTo.

This is the 2nd best of days, after nearly being a bloody awful day. Here's to ONE HELL OF A WEEKEND!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Coolcongo said:

Mine has been dispatched from amazon but they are using amazon logistics :(

Yep.

Now just have to wait on the day to see what time.

"Normal" Amazon delivery is late in the day here :(

Just now, Hexx said:

Yep.

Now just have to wait on the day to see what time.

"Normal" Amazon delivery is late in the day here :(

If there don't come by 11 here then its normally about 5

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I have asked Amazon about an ability to choose the courier but they told me it can't be done now or in the future. I now just cancel the order if I see it's being delivered  via Hermes and send them a note making my reason clear.

Amazon customer service is usually exemplary, no questions asked, but there shipping leaves a lot to be desired. Hermes, Yodel and Amazon Logistics are cheap as hell and that means drivers are not paid enough and do not have enough time to redeliver if the recipient is at home hence their signature finishing move of throwing it over the back yard wall. I have zero qualms about claiming non arrival in this scenario though, Hermes will pay, not Amazon, and Amazon also get another negative tick in the Hermes satisfaction box. Enough strikes and they will stop using them, maybe..

It's a shit scene but I'm sure it will soon all be forgotten once you fire up Zelda! @Billy Brown

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I was told much the same thing re: couriers on the phone which is infuriating. I'll be escalating for sure but assume I'll get nowhere as you say.

And you're right; I'll no doubt be happy tonight when playing with it but I'm going to be paranoid now it'll go wrong in the near future even if there's no obvious signs of damage on the outside.

Amazon:

15:22  Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit      

Kingston Park, Peterborough, UK

:D

Amazon Logistics:

<_<

This is going to be hell tomorrow, two houses opposite me are having building work done and today has been a non stop procession of non descriptive white vans each one off them carrying dashing moments of hope followed by crushing disappointment :(

One of them just stopped and a man got out and walked up my drive :o:omg:

Fecking travel plug adaptors in suspiciously large packaging, talk about dashed dreams :(

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DC said:

Our DPD guy said they lost the Amazon contact.

They probably aren't cheap enough. Amazon lose shitloads of money on Prime which is why most of the couriers they use are dross. I used to work for a small courier company that delivered several thousand Amazon Prime packages around London each day. No idea if they still do or not. And they only used us because we promised them everything for nothing. We were also very aware that customers could complain about us as much as they wanted but we would still get given their packages again and again.

So when Amazon said dispatching now they meant sometime in the next 36 hours it appears...... IM GONNA FU@%!NG RAGE

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

I may... MAY just have sneaked a Neon Pre-Order for delivery tomorrow with ShopTo, wont know until it gets dispatched.

Ok ShopTo came through in a big way! Melissa said I must have got the very last Neon one they had in stock, got my DPD Dispatch note now.

And after being out for Day 1 - I've just ordered a grey at the last minute with Bomberman :lol::lol:

• Upvote 2