rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Theholyhogg

ROCKET LEAGUE 1V1 TOURNAMENT HOGG WINS AGAIN

RIGHT let's see whos the best once and for all

1v1 tournament 

Each players plays every other player for 2 games at 3 points per game 

The player with the most points is the greatest 

Tournament is this WEDNESDAY  (thanks benny)

Good luck

Players in

Bennett

Theholyhogg 

Gooner4life

Mackenie 

Angel

Bigbaz96

Superstarbeejay

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

I've not seen him play for absolutely ages I miss him :(

Edit: just realised jamins a fifa wanker as well isn't he? That explains it

he doesnt use jamin as a tag and is on semi pro?

I really hope its not the guy I put 40 plus goals past in 3 games last night.

Ok, I'm in. Would prefer double elim over league format though. League format can mean that the person who 'wins' might not actually beat the 2nd best player. 2 games per person could take way too long too.

24 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

Ok, I'm in. Would prefer double elim over league format though. League format can mean that the person who 'wins' might not actually beat the 2nd best player. 2 games per person could take way too long too.

Do it your way I just don't get it what's double elimination?

19 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Do it your way I just don't get it what's double elimination?

Just like the RLCS!! After the first loss you drop to the losers bracket. Lose in that and you are out. Grand final is the winner's bracket winner against the loser's bracket winner. If we are all in a party together I can easily do the draw and tell people who to play so that it is easy for people. It guarantees that everyone gets at least 2 matches but doesn't drag things on. When we have final names I'll put the draw up.

• Upvote 1

Its hard enough to organise all the games never mind using brackets, i prefer everyone getting the same number of games and all playing each other.  If someone loses twice theyre out, thats no good.

12 minutes ago, angel said:

Its hard enough to organise all the games never mind using brackets, i prefer everyone getting the same number of games and all playing each other.  If someone loses twice theyre out, thats no good.

Pipe down Angel, win a 1v1 tourney or represent Rllmuk in the RLCS before giving your opinion.

EDIT: Serious for a second, people getting humped 15 nil for 10 games in a row really isn't going to be good for them. Humpings are pretty likely in 1v1 and when they happen they can be big. We'll just have people pulling out or not ever wanting to do one again.

12 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

Pipe down Angel, win a 1v1 tourney or represent Rllmuk in the RLCS before giving your opinion.

what was I saying about taking it too seriously? you're already trying to impose full on league conditions on a knockabout bit of fun, conditions which mean some people will only get a couple of games.

its supposed to be fun, not this crap, I mean how rude can you get 'pipe down win a tournament before your opinion matters'. 

9 minutes ago, angel said:

what was I saying about taking it too seriously? you're already trying to impose full on league conditions on a knockabout bit of fun, conditions which mean some people will only get a couple of games.

its supposed to be fun, not this crap.

Sorry Angel just bants. We're actually all really friendly when we get online together, just doesn't come across in text that well. I still disagree about your view on the format though.

Yeah I took that as you seriously telling me to pipe down, it really didnt come over on text at all.  Well, good in that case.  Me personally, I prefer everyone play everyone just because everyone gets a game, that's all.